Traded Junior Rioli (West Coast) - [to Port Adelaide in multi-club trade]

Remove this Banner Ad

Sure, but Kennedy was a year younger than Georgiades when he came to the Eagles.
He was the highest rated tall forward selected in his draft. As we know key position players generally take a lot of time to become top tier players.
For comparison how much do you think the Bulldogs would want for Ugle-Hagan or Sydney want for Logan McDonald were they to be traded this year?
Probably a s**t ton, and Georgiades has shown more than both of those players so if he wanted out we would be entitled to ask for the same. You're just proving my point for me. Valuing Georgiades as a late first rounder is laughable.

It's all a moot point of course, because unless he changes his mind and demands a trade in the next 6 days he won't be involved in this deal or any other deal this year.

Pick 33 (especially in this draft which is very weak) isn't enough to get Rioli done imo. 27 would have got it done, but you traded it out.
Okay, we'll take him for free instead then.

The Eagles supporters jumping into this thread and trying to act tough like the North fans are cute. North at least have some leverage, even if that leverage is cutting off their nose to spite their face. West Coast have nothing.

Last edited:
Probably a s**t ton, and Georgiades has shown more than both of those players so if he wanted out we would be entitled to ask for the same. You're just proving my point for me. Valuing Georgiades as a late first rounder is laughable.

It's all a moot point of course, because he won't be involved in this deal or any other deal this year.
I don't value Georgiades as a late first rounder.
I'd say he'd be worth about 8-10 by himself. Perhaps pick 8 + Georgiades may be enough for pick 2 (I don't know how our recruiters would value another short KPF ala Darling and Allen).
Georgiades doesn't have to be involved, but if you want pick 2 it's got to be more than pick 8 + your future first, and adding pick 33 this year won't cut it, particularly if you are also getting Rioli as part of the trade.

Last edited:

It won't be PSD IMHO. Rarely happens at all and especially not when a fella is looking to move nearer his sole surviving parent. Port have to step up and as other AFL leaders have stated; meet their obligations to acquire the player they have committed to OR..... He can accept the good offer he has from us (plus maybe a little more now), with our history of supporting him on and off field and in the end.... STAY.

Last edited:
It won't be PSD IMHO. Rarely happens at all and especially not when a fella is looking to move nearer his sole surviving parent. Port have to step up and as other AFL leaders have stated; meet their obligations to acquire the player they have committed to OR..... He can accept the good offer he has from us (plus maybe a little more now), with our history of supporting him on and off filed and in the end.... STAY.
lol what the hell is this rubbish.

Port will have to come up with some other idea for JHF

I am on record saying i am happy to lose Rioli for nothing in the PSD

I wonder if the Crows might be interested
I cant imagine the Crows would have any interest in paying those $$ for a player of that age. Neither would anyone with a PSD pick before us for that matter.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

We're not giving him away for free

If you value him like your offer says, Port will give us something

Currently that sounds like 33 + Frederick and we don't participate in the JHF trade
Id say well offer 43 and Frederick and keep 33 for JHF.

Two first rounders and Georgiades for pick 2 isn't 'steep', it would be the biggest trade package of all time. There isn't a single player in the league who would warrant that price, let alone a ****ing draft pick.

If Port were willing to offer that (which they absolutely would not be), they'd just offer it directly to North and tell West Coast to get *ed.
And to think the suggestion is that we would then ADD to that pick to get Francis.

Values him well above Judd...

So for perspective let's remove Georgiades, Rioli and pick 33 from the equation then.
You are talking about a mid first rounder this year and potentially a late future first rounder for pick 2.
How on earth do you think that this trade would be considered equitable? And, even if it was remotely close, why would West Coast be incentivized to agree to this trade?
It doesn't improve our position and helps an opponent for no good reason. It just doesn't make sense for us to agree to such a trade.
It allows you to pick a West Australian this year and next rather than pushing all your chips in on the next JHF (A Vic metro kid).

Georgiades worth more than Logan McDonald or tracking like JK is at least a new breed of crazy.
Georgiades kicked more than double the amount of goals in his second season that Logan McDonald did. 10 more goals than max king in his second season. The same amount of goals as naughton in his second. He is tracking as well as any young key forward in the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It allows you to pick a West Australian this year and next rather than pushing all your chips in on the next JHF (A Vic metro kid).

I don't think that we have any qualms selecting a Victorian player.
Our retention rates for good players from interstate is very high.
I doubt what you are suggesting would be an appealing reason to West Coast to trade down.

north would be all over rioli in the psd. they already put an offer to him along with richmond and essendon (and west coast for that matter) before port came in over the top. suggesting there's no interest and he'd walk to port is off the mark. sure, it could happen but it's far from a lock.

Georgiades kicked more than double the amount of goals in his second season that Logan McDonald did. 10 more goals than max king in his second season. The same amount of goals as naughton in his second. He is tracking as well as any young key forward in the game.
Except he's a tweener in size.

Cannot believe wc fans wouldn’t accept p33 for an overweight 27 year old , recently 2 year banned known drug user .

Nissys going the way of sheedy fast !

north would be all over rioli in the psd. they already put an offer to him along with richmond and essendon (and west coast for that matter) before port came in over the top. suggesting there's no interest and he'd walk to port is off the mark. sure, it could happen but it's far from a lock.

They can have him and not one single Port supporter would feel bad about it. Right now Rioli is the most overrated player in the AFL. It's quite frankly laughable.

Sorry, you must be thinking of this Josh Kennedy.

770514bac4640fdc2772d85537906b0a

Remove this Banner Ad

Back