List Mgmt. 2022 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals: Kinnear & Dalrymple - we march to no drum but our own!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

After the pick swap and bidding, then having the best ruck in the draft and some KPFs still available at 20 (with 27 to come), I was feeling pretty great. Then came Konstanty, who will likely be a great player, and was like, ok, maybe we get a ruck or KPF tomorrow.

Now it's like, maybeeee we get a ruck at least by the time the MSD ends next year.

This! No one is going to shake my belief that Barnett was the smartest structural pick at our first. Gruzewski as a Reid replacement or Weddle as a Rampe replacement made a huge amount of sense too. Anyway, done now.

This! No one is going to shake my belief that Barnett was the smartest structural pick at our first. Gruzewski as a Reid replacement or Weddle as a Rampe replacement made a huge amount of sense too. Anyway, done now.

If Konstanty becomes an elite small forward we’ll all forget about a ruck we may have not got.

Reflecting and watching the 2022 GF against 2012

One thing became clear

Effort.

2012 boys we’re desperate, they went 200 % on everything every play and they had leaders like O”keefe Dan H etc

I did not see that same level of desperation and determination with the 2022 crowd

Maybe that “fight” is also something we drafted for

All 3 ND picks showed fight and determine and desperation somehow for a consistent period of time.

I can’t really say many of our current crop no matter how talented are true “grit” fighters.

The ruck stuff is such nonsense. We have 2 perfectly good ruckman.

Hickey was one of our best players in the first 2 finals last year and was one of the few with genuine excuses in the Grand Final. There is no reason why he needs to make retirement plans. If it gets to the end of the year and he looks done, worry about it then. There are always rucks available who can't get games at their current team.

And aside from the undisciplined stuff, Ladhams is one of the better under 25 rucks in the league.

The ruck stuff is such nonsense. We have 2 perfectly good ruckman.

Hickey was one of our best players in the first 2 finals last year and was one of the few with genuine excuses in the Grand Final. There is no reason why he needs to make retirement plans. If it gets to the end of the year and he looks done, worry about it then. There are always rucks available who can't get games at their current team.

And aside from the undisciplined stuff, Ladhams is one of the better under 25 rucks in the league.
Think the worry is what happens if they are both injured or suspended?

Think the worry is what happens if they are both injured or suspended?

You could say that about nearly every team in the league. We have Amartey, Reid, McLean, and (maybe) McAndrew who could hold up an end.

Most team wouldn't have that many options.

And either way, drafting an 18 year old ruck wouldn't have made any difference at all for at least 3 years.

You could say that about nearly every team in the league. We have Amartey, Reid, McLean, and (maybe) McAndrew who could hold up an end.

Most team wouldn't have that many options.

And either way, drafting an 18 year old ruck wouldn't have made any difference at all for at least 3 years.

Take away Melbourne’s best 2 rucks and what do they have…most clubs wouldn’t have decently competent backups in Amartey/McLean

Yeah I don't know how he didn't get drafted. I thought he could go in the late 20s. But look, Magor is probably an inside mid for us, just one who can roll forward and kick a few too. That we had the choice of a few inside mids and went with Magor, I'm ok with. He's not your typical half forward type who can play a bit of outside mid and forward.

More hurt factor than Sybkowski and D'Aloia. Think that's what got him across the line

Reflecting and watching the 2022 GF against 2012

One thing became clear

Effort.

2012 boys we’re desperate, they went 200 % on everything every play and they had leaders like O”keefe Dan H etc

I did not see that same level of desperation and determination with the 2022 crowd

Maybe that “fight” is also something we drafted for

All 3 ND picks showed fight and determine and desperation somehow for a consistent period of time.

I can’t really say many of our current crop no matter how talented are true “grit” fighters.

I actually think leadership is something we are missing, it's why I was off the charts keen on Darcy Wilmot last year

I get a blank black screen when I try to play this... is it working for everyone else?
It looks like it's been taken down (all the other draft night videos are still up on AFL.com).

Beatson was definitely pissed off and Sarah Olle just happened to be the person he ended up venting towards.
Kinnear basically said that we bid on players we want and then it's up to other clubs to decide what they do, in response to Sarah saying we were named as the agitators after our first night bids.
Also did not like the suggestion that Vickery was a 'bolter'.
We follow our talent list and don't take any notice of phantom drafts etc.

Felt a bit sorry for Olle, just in the wrong place at the wrong time, but Beatson was genuinely hacked off by the commentary around our bidding/draft picks.
And even at the end when she asked "we good?" he was still on about the media's observations.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, that was fun .... let’s do it again next year! NSW as the media focus can only be a good thing for football
First Derby game next year is going to be interesting. One day Vic media will get it right and remember to call it Sydney Derby and not BoB garbage Sheedy labelled us with.

Well, that was fun .... let’s do it again next year! NSW as the media focus can only be a good thing for football
It was quite novel to be the main show rather than the sideshow.... and anything taking the focus off our grand final was appreciated.

We might have a few out of our academy the next few years and you always seem to. Plus we tend to get confined to the same players due to go home factor. See you next year!

For the next draft thread can we add threadmarks for when the ND started and when our picks were. Reading this thread is incredibly painful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back