5th Ashes Test England v Australia July 27-31 1930hrs @ The Oval

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm sure everyone on here is being consistent with their views and insisting that Stokes catch should've been out, just like they were with the Starc one...

Not moi. Starc non-catch understandable.

Stokes did a Herchelle. I’m not even sure I agree with it, but there’s precedence I suppose.

And this is where every Australian on here will say “that should be out”? Just like Starc. Right?

Are they two correct decisions, or two incorrect ones?
No, we are simply accepting the precedent set by the Starc decision.

Could be rain after lunch.
146 to get.
Might lose a whole session. Touch and go

If its only a session lost, I'd back Smith/ Head/ Marsh/ Carey and the tail to get the runs. Marsh and Head can score fast.

Anderson is a lettuce leaf at the moment, and the ball isnt swinging as much as it was. Ali is the biggest threat, and we look better playing shots against him than blocking him with the turn and variable bounce he's getting.

WinVis has us at 47 percent for the win. England at 17 percent. Draw the other 36 percent chance.

And we still win the series (2-1) with a Draw.

England of course the 'moral victors' regardless.

Starc controlled it, did you want him to face plant on the grass and sue you Poms???

A sliding fielder is not in control of their own movement. If he couldn't properly catch the ball without face planting the grass then that's on him.

I'm sure everyone on here is being consistent with their views and insisting that Stokes catch should've been out, just like they were with the Starc one...
Well it should have been out. Except butterfingers drops the ball…

We have adjusted to what the umpiring standards are for catches now

I don't think it was out. I'm pointing out the hypocrisy of the clueless individuals on here who were insisting the Starc catch was legal.
Sorry, along with the Spirit of Cricket, you don't get to lecture us about hypocrisy either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agreed with you at the time with the Starc one, so yep!

The review was just about the funniest thing I've ever seen, but pretty disgusting scenes from England after that.

When was the last time you saw Australian players, or any for that matter, get in the face of the umpires like that?

That's just so not on, and not to mention, the umpires have done absolutely nothing wrong.
Biggest umpire rant I've seen since Ponting in the 2010/11 Boxing Day Test.

I personally don’t know what I would’ve done in Stokes’ situation.

Maybe he hoped he’d done enough for the umpire to accept it, and I can’t say with confidence I wouldn’t have also reviewed it.

But if you’re going to act holier than thou and take a pot shot at our captain, you better make damn ****ing sure that when the shoe is on the other foot you back up your words.

I don't think it was out. I'm pointing out the hypocrisy of the clueless individuals on here who were insisting the Starc catch was legal.

Pot, meet kettle.

The review was just about the funniest thing I've ever seen, but pretty disgusting scenes from England after that.

When was the last time you saw Australian players, or any for that matter, get in the face of the umpires like that?

That's just so not on, and not to mention, the umpires have done absolutely nothing wrong.
Genuinely no idea why England would review that. Was clear as day.

Back