Traded Brodie Grundy [traded to Sydney for #46 and F2]

Remove this Banner Ad

Not really a mess up, we got best backup ruck in the league and don’t need the cap space right now. Dees more than happy to keep him around.
And play him when the time is right.
Keeping Grundy when you have 1 functioning forward rather than spending the money where you need it is crazy list management. There are a lot of potentials who would come for the chance of success. already mcadam seems
To be Dee bound and Chol would be exactly the right fit as he can play forward and second ruck.

Keeping Grundy when you have 1 functioning forward rather than spending the money where you need it is crazy list management. There are a lot of potentials who would come for the chance of success. already mcadam seems
To be Dee bound and Chol would be exactly the right fit as he can play forward and second ruck.

We don’t need to lose Grundy to bring them in.

Pick 22 seems fair. Maybe a pick swap in our favour (34 for 41 or 47... something insignificant like that).

I don't think we really need that pick anyway. It's only useful if we can sneak in a 2nd pick before someone bids on Cleary.

Don't get me wrong, I think they will trade him, but don't pretend you have some sort of upper hand if he selects the Swans as he is under contract.

Your pick 22 should be plenty.

I would pay the pick 22. May be overs but I just want the deal to get done rather than squabbling over second and third round picks.

Pick 22 will be pushed out 4-5 picks. There’s minimum 5 club tied players that will go to 20. Not sure how many licks get eaten up by bids inside the first 22. Probably very few if any.
So swans trade around pick 25. Pretty good value for a best 22 player who will be your number one ruck. And pies paying a chunk of his contract too.
Swans next pick will be in the 30s so they’ll try get that one over the line for Grundy.

Pick 22 will be pushed out 4-5 picks. There’s minimum 5 club tied players that will go to 20. Not sure how many licks get eaten up by bids inside the first 22. Probably very few if any.
So swans trade around pick 25. Pretty good value for a best 22 player who will be your number one ruck. And pies paying a chunk of his contract too.
Swans next pick will be in the 30s so they’ll try get that one over the line for Grundy.
We're also taking a 4 year contract for a 30 year old ruckman

(Log in to remove this ad.)

According to Tom Morris Port are out of the race. He’ll be off to Sydney. Better for Dees anyway as they have more picks to play with.

Think this trade is win/win.

22 for Grundy will tie it up nicely, Melbourne's cap gains space, Sydney get Grundy, Melbourne can forward the pick for Chol from GC potentially.

Think this trade is win/win.

22 for Grundy will tie it up nicely, Melbourne's cap gains space, Sydney get Grundy, Melbourne can forward the pick for Chol from GC potentially.
I think they can get Chol a bit cheaper but agree the Grundy to Sydney deal works for all parties

Remove this Banner Ad

Back