List Mgmt. 2023 List Management thread - Pt2 Now With Added Wailing & Gnashing of Teeth

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Dockers fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
So Schultz gave the club a verbal commitment that he would see out his contract and extend for a further two years. Now we get to deal with this s**t. Lovely.
Seems like he and his management has dogged us. That's a shame, thought he was better then that.

Why is Cal saying our timing on the Port trade is bad with the Lachie Schultz request?

I’m sure Lachie spoke with Fremantle before it came out in the media.

Also don’t see what difference it makes. In fact for mine the timing is better. We will now likely be armed with better picks which port won’t get.

The pick 3 compo has already pushed back our second one spot. Also since the trade Gresham has confirmed he will go to Essendon.

Therefor since the trade to get F1.

• our second has pushed back two spots and soon to be a third (Doedee, McKay, and expected band 2 for Gresham). Therefore moved from 22 to 25. Actually started at 21.
  • I’m sure we will get picks for 2023 around same pick and higher and we won’t bat deep with picks - still likely only 3-4 in ND.

Yes we lost Hamling but the original plan was to move him to Rookie. So that really doesn’t change much.

We seem to be adding Sharp and quite possibly another with Schultz likely to be traded out.

Honestly I see no issue or change of circumstances in relation to the timing of the trade.

Walls reasoning was that the second round picks will be pushed back.

21 > 25 (not yet taking into account likely at least 4 matching of bids which will see the pick push back at least to 28)
2024 second round has also already pushed back two spots because of North compo. That is before any free agency considerations and him backing us in to improve from finishing 14th.
Absolutely correct.. Dont know why Twomey told like that..

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

Does anyone know if the draft for 2024 is as heavily compromised as this year with academy and father son picks?
Also FA implications- just wondering where the picks we swapped with Port will end up, let’s say Port finish top 4 - around 15?

Cerra actually helped the club, negotiated with Victorian clubs then picked Carlton. He never had a preference.
Schulz have come out and wants Collingwood. Just fishy
cerra got us amiss. in retro-spec i would wheel him to the airport. which says something because cerra is an awesome player.

Absolutely correct.. Dont know why Twomey told like that..

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app
Twoomey thinks everyone want to trade up in this years draft(unless they have a lot of bids to match) then they trade down.

If we still had 22 (or whatever it becomes) he’d be looking at scenario’s where we trade 19 (Schultz), 22 and 33 (Henry) to get GC pick 10.

All we have to do is finish bottom 4, offer Schultz a ridiculously high contract offer so that any team he wants to get traded to will have to do the same, or similar. Then bam. Band one compo in the top 5.

Wasn't he de-listed to put on the rookie during covid? Wouldn't that mean he would become a delisted free agent at the end of his contract and he could leave on whatever money and Freo wont have an option to match it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wasn't he de-listed to put on the rookie during covid? Wouldn't that mean he would become a delisted free agent at the end of his contract and he could leave on whatever money and Freo wont have an option to match it?
James Jordon. Same situation. Compensation.

You're right but the theory is why would he got over east for way less money?

We would have to be comfortable offering him a large deal though (800k+), doubt we would

Does anyone know if the draft for 2024 is as heavily compromised as this year with academy and father son picks?
Also FA implications- just wondering where the picks we swapped with Port will end up, let’s say Port finish top 4 - around 15?

There is at least the second Ashcroft boy as a father son and the two Norf priority picks but they are at the end of the first round, so hopefully we will get pushed back only 1 spot

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Sad Face GIF

Kevin Hart Crying GIF by Team Coco

There is at least the second Ashcroft boy as a father son and the two Norf priority picks but they are at the end of the first round, so hopefully we will get pushed back only 1 spot

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Camporeale twins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back