Preview 2014 Fixture - What will it look like?

Remove this Banner Ad

Christ, Eddie will explode. Collingwood hardly ever play there and we have an unfair advantage with RTB as coach!!

I would have thought Freo would have tried to contest that as well. In the short term, playing at Etihad does give us a tactical advantage, but games at the MCG for us are gold at the moment - the more we play there, the more familiar we are with the ground - and it's where we need to win to get a flag.

It's a bit rubbish that in a game where we should be able to play there, they yank the opportunity off us.

I would have thought Freo would have tried to contest that as well. In the short term, playing at Etihad does give us a tactical advantage, but games at the MCG for us are gold at the moment - the more we play there, the more familiar we are with the ground - and it's where we need to win to get a flag.

It's a bit rubbish that in a game where we should be able to play there, they yank the opportunity off us.

1/1 maybe?

Maybe, but this is one game where I want Ross to say "flew in, took the 4 points, flew home".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Season opener baby! We're moving up in the world.

Round one is usually a split round and usually starts on a Thursday! Well, at least it is a Friday night and against the Pies. Hate the Thursday night games.

Edited to add: Hate the Thursday night games. Sorry reading back it didn't make sense.

Round one is usually a split round and usually starts on a Thursday! Well, at least it is a Friday night and against the Pies. Hate the Thursday night games.

Edited to add: Hate the Thursday night games. Sorry reading back it didn't make sense.

yeah Our Round 1 game is almost confirmed, i'd like to hear it myself, how about you guys?

I think we might get 3 at the MCG, Sep.
If not then probably a Kardinya game.

With MCG unavailable for the first 2 weeks, our Pies season opener now looks like Etihad so another chance to play at the MCG taken away.

We might get Richmond and Hawks there only. With a Kardinya park game, although i thought there was an article on the main board fixture thread stating the teams Geelong where playing down there and we weren't one of them. Possibly Geelong at MCG on a Friday night then!?!?!?

With MCG unavailable for the first 2 weeks, our Pies season opener now looks like Etihad so another chance to play at the MCG taken away.

We might get Richmond and Hawks there only. With a Kardinya park game, although i thought there was an article on the main board fixture thread stating the teams Geelong where playing down there and we weren't one of them. Possibly Geelong at MCG on a Friday night then!?!?!?
have a look at this, sep, it'll answer those questions http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/af...e-until-round-15/story-fniv677w-1226748016360

Yeah that's the article I was talking about. 7 matches at Simmonds for them and 3 are already confirmed as Adelaide, Bulldogs and Brisbane. Fair chance that one of the other 4 teams will be us. Won't be Essendon or Hawks as stated by the article..

yeah but we play Geelong twice and it says their G home games are against Richmond and Hawthorn, leaving us to INFER that we play at simmons

Remove this Banner Ad

Back