Political Discussion part #2 - Let’s go out for 10 Big Macs at the Engadine Maccas!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't that how we ended up with anti-vaxxers and climate chamge deniers?

Giving their side of the arguement far too much air time.

You know I've had a really good think about this quote, and it reminded me of a couple of years ago whilst I was in the US, where these (what I'd call religious nut jobs) kept on harassing the friends and relations of recently returned service men and women at their funerals. They blamed the veterans for their own deaths and verbally abused those attending, as "pieces of garbage" and more.

The religious group was taken to court for harassment, but was cleared due to the 1st amendment of their constitution, which covers freedom of speech.
So no matter how distasteful their comments were, they were allowed to continue.

So although we don't have that law technically, we should allow freedom of speech, no matter our thoughts.

If you consider that nasty I apologise. But it's accurate.
I’m a big boy, I can take it. Unlike your liking friend I won’t sook when challenged.

But as long as you don’t take it to the next level and hide your face and become violent then I’ll be fine.

You know I've had a really good think about this quote, and it reminded me of a couple of years ago whilst I was in the US, where these (what I'd call religious nut jobs) kept on harassing the friends and relations of recently returned service men and women at their funerals. They blamed the veterans for their own deaths and verbally abused those attending, as "pieces of garbage" and more.

The religious group was taken to court for harassment, but was cleared due to the 1st amendment of their constitution, which covers freedom of speech.
So no matter how distasteful their comments were, they were allowed to continue.

So although we don't have that law technically, we should allow freedom of speech, no matter our thoughts.
Completely agree with freedom of speech, and think we are doing humanity disservice by slowly reducing it.

My comment more relates to the weight we put on each side of said arguement, anti-vaxxers and even climate change deniers were shielded from ridicule because of this notion of two sides to each arguement (being equal).

It gave them legitimacy that they didn't deserve (IMO).

I suggest you go listen to the exchange before getting your knickers in a twist.

Wong kept referring to Hanson pulling the strings behind the scene of the Liberal Party so I'd say the comment she was channeling Pauline Hanson was quite legitimate. So what does Wong do...plays the race card, pathetic.

https://omny.fm/shows/ben-fordham-full-show/ben-calls-out-labor-senator-penny-you-are-not-a-pr

Yeah nah saying to any Asian they're channelling Hanson is pretty vile.

Asphalt is starting to go down so that's a very good sign
Yeah noticed that this week Unfortunately I come down Grange Rd and turn right om Sth rd towards brickworks on my way to work so wont get to use the "tunnel" much but when its open Im gonna leave 4 work a bit earlier and head to the Torrens Rd start to see what its like...

WoW that seemed like such an Adelaide comment.

"Cant wait for that new road opening.... yeeee haa!!!"

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah noticed that this week Unfortunately I come down Grange Rd and turn right om Sth rd towards brickworks on my way to work so wont get to use the "tunnel" much but when its open Im gonna leave 4 work a bit earlier and head to the Torrens Rd start to see what its like...

WoW that seemed like such an Adelaide comment.

"Cant wait for that new road opening.... yeeee haa!!!"

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yep, us Adelaidian’s get easily excited :D

Such a wrong position.

Set up a federal ICAC, broaden its jurisdiction to beyond government to deal with Commonwealth registered organisations (unlimited liability companies and trade Unions).

I tend to suspect that by the nature of vertical fiscal imbalance the Federal Government is in itself not in as dire need of an ICAC as state governments. Not a good enough reason in itself not to have one though.

Oh dear.....

Yep, sure is Sarah.
Hahaha even Greg Brown is wrong. If you're going to correct someone else's error, best not to make another one yourself.

It's not the day they sailed into Botany Bay. The First Fleet arrived in Botany Bay between 18-20 Jan 1788. They spent a couple of days there, before deciding it wasn't a suitable location for the new colony. 26th January marks the day that the colony was officially declared in Port Jackson.

Alberici in trouble again, for inaccurate political reporting at the ABC:
https://www.canberratimes.com.au/po...-abc-about-emma-alberici-20180523-p4zh02.html

That's what happens when you keep cutting the budget - editorial blunders like this (and it's not good) happen more often.
Oh that’s a classic, a Leftie with an agenda *s up and it’s because the government don’t blow more money on them?

You’ve posted some doozies in your time but this is right up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back