Teams 2019 Rate My Team (Pre JLT)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dane Zorko is a fallen premium at $520,00.
He had a terrible year last year but still averaged 95.He has learnt how to better handle a tag.Will he be tagged now with Neale in and Beams out of the side.He has just been named captain.
View attachment 620777

Has gone to water and stained many SC underpants over the last few years when he cops a hard tag.

Has Hutchings and Jacobs the first 2 weeks.
Pick him up for 400k in round 5 instead.

Hello, I have been cyber bullied by WaynesWorld19 to post my team. Here it is currently, note that Anthony Miles could become Jack Graham at any minute. Thank you.
View attachment 620809
I thought Graham was a :padlock:..... good side apart from that ... just some observations
1. With a dearth of FWD rookies ... suggest you boost D4

2. Last year all the premium Rookies failed .... you’ve got 3 - Rankine, Walsh, and Rozee .... maybe carry just one if you have to

Use the funds from these use funds to boost your F4

Has gone to water and stained many SC underpants over the last few years when he cops a hard tag.

Has Hutchings and Jacobs the first 2 weeks.
Pick him up for 400k in round 5 instead.
I succumbed to Zorko after the byes ... had great games, and average games ....but in those good games often it was a 1qtr or 1half effort ...... that just is too dicey for me, i want consistency at his price

Hello, I have been cyber bullied by WaynesWorld19 to post my team. Here it is currently, note that Anthony Miles could become Jack Graham at any minute. Thank you.
View attachment 620809
2D543DCC-044E-485D-A9A6-E2CD7E93F085.jpeg

Rankine has to come out of your side too. No doubting he’s a talent, but will not translate into SC points at this stage of his career. Especially in a side that’ll struggle to score more often than not. Other then that seen this side a billion times this pre season, pass the cookies kent.

View attachment 620809
Nice team alot like mine, i have been toying with Jack Higgins, he is as efficient as a 5 star fridge. The only thing I would change is Sam Walsh.He will no doubt be banged up and mentally exhausted by round 5 as Carlton will play him in the guts too early and for too long.He will likely end up bitter and twisted like Kreuzer and Weitering

Nice team alot like mine, i have been toying with Jack Higgins, he is as efficient as a 5 star fridge. The only thing I would change is Sam Walsh.He will no doubt be banged up and mentally exhausted by round 5 as Carlton will play him in the guts too early and for too long.He will likely end up bitter and twisted like Kreuzer and Weitering
I agree with Walsh getting battered early .... teams will test him physically & it’s a lot to play against bigger men, irrespective of how talented you are

View attachment 620822

Rankine has to come out of your side too. No doubting he’s a talent, but will not translate into SC points at this stage of his career. Especially in a side that’ll struggle to score more often than not. Other then that seen this side a billion times this pre season, pass the cookies kent.
That was one of one concerns, it's quite a vanilla team. Also nice old meme boomer.

Zorko will still be tagged before Neale because his ability to go forward & kick 3-4 goals in a game is better than Neale’s if he is not tagged.

But if has learnt how to deal with the tag then either way he could be a great pick, because we know his big games produce huge scores.

I reckon Zorko dealt with being tagged a lot better after Rd6. Although Touk got under his skin again in Rd22. Averaged 107 from Rd7 onwards

I reckon Zorko dealt with being tagged a lot better after Rd6. Although Touk got under his skin again in Rd22. Averaged 107 from Rd7 onwards

Yep so like I said if he continues to deal with the tag well now then he could be a fantastic pick.

Bring on Zorko v Touk whenever they play again :devil:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

. I actually think the opposite will happen. Already, we've seen in intraclubs, more sharing of the kick in duties, because teams want a quick play on. Those that took the most kick ins 2018 will score less.
This. Each side will have 2-3 designated kickers. Whoever is nearest the ball will play on.

He'll be playing more of an outside game this year. He'll be fine.
:D so if he plays as an outside .... he’ll never see the ball at Carlton

Smith was a success because he tackled .... inside players prove the best SC players in the midfield get their own ball .... the exception IMO is if that player is in a top 8 side

:D so if he plays as an outside .... he’ll never see the ball at Carlton

Smith was a success because he tackled .... inside players prove the best SC players in the midfield get their own ball .... the exception IMO is if that player is in a top 8 side

He's learning the art of chip scabbing from an all time great ;)

chips.JPG

Re McHenry .... more likely Chace Jones get a gig b4 Ned ..... ned needs to add some weight, but he’ll get games thru the year

Re McHenry... Tex Walker said that McHenry looks the most likely to make his debut come round 1 in a Triple M interview. He was asked where he was going to play and Tex said he’s likely to be floating around the wing/HFF

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Re McHenry... Tex Walker said that McHenry looks the most likely to make his debut come round 1 in a Triple M interview. He was asked where he was going to play and Tex said he’s likely to be floating around the wing/HFF

Yes, but the coach had a slightly different POV

Frankly at this time of the year, most of the hype is aimed at building players confidence up in the media .... but withoutvreally committing

Don't mind a few of your POD's
Sloane, Menegola, Smith, Cogs are all going to have pretty high floors so can't see it going disastrously bad. Can see Sloane increasing his average back to 110, Menegola 105, Cogs and Smith I think are pretty maxed.

Hibbered & Smith & Williams on the other hand. I'd put money on minimum 2 of them averaging Hibberd > Collins
Walsh > Libba
Rankine > Greene

Think the second trio have a much higher ceiling, floor probably similar. Cash Gen probably similar.

I know your rookies will change but from a GC perspective don't reckon Rankine is worth the money and Wigg did his ACL this week.
From an Adelaide perspective is McHenry likely to get a run early in the year? intrigued by him as a DPP but unsure his place in the team.

A few changes have been made...

Hibberd > Collins
Roberton > Mills
Cogs > Jelly

I really like Sloane & Menegola as POD’s, but my whole team will be different come JLT regardless of what I think now

If Walsh was going to play of HBF .... i think my selection opinion might change ?

I have no idea where he'll end up playing come Rd1, but from the training pics and vision of him I've seen of him so far this pre-season he always seems to be in the action competing against the big boys. I think he's a unique talent that can play a number of roles and play them well as he knows how to get involved in the play and has a high football IQ. My gut feel is he's going to average 75-80 this year

I have no idea where he'll end up playing come Rd1, but from the training pics and vision of him I've seen of him so far this pre-season he always seems to be in the action competing against the big boys. I think he's a unique talent that can play a number of roles and play them well as he knows how to get involved in the play and has a high football IQ. My gut feel is he's going to average 75-80 this year
Which makes him a slow burn

Which makes him a slow burn

Uh no. That puts him amongst elite 18 year olds like dusty and selwood. If he averages that he is a good pick perfect for a early downgrade. Hard to know what he will at this stage. What we dont want is one of them 60 type average players. Thats ur slow burn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back