Universal Love TRTT Part 8: Random thoughts also sack Hinkley

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daredevil with Ben Affleck isn't as bad as I remember.

I mean, it's not good, but it has a certain watchability that modern comic book movies don't, real one and done type viewings.

Not sure if I still have the hots for Jennifer Garner in that either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marvel movies are formulaic because they are designed for the widest audience.

If they ever stuck to the source material in anyway, then they would be quite...different. There was lots of ******* around happening in the comics, for one. Most of it was about the relationships that the characters had with one another - the fact that they had powers was mundane and actually complicated the whole idea of break-ups. Like the whole Cyclops/Jean Grey/Psylocke thing that I remember. Or Thanos literally being in love with the female personification of Death.

Then there was the whole Magneto/Red Skull Jew/Nazi thing going on which was pretty full on.

The original X-Men/Spiderman movies had a bit of the comic book style happening, because they focused on the characters and their relationships with one another rather than anything else.

That's why Avengers: End Game is the end for the cinematic MCU. Like, I was thinking tonight of going to see Captain Marvel and then I was like 'naaahhh, it'll just be the same garbage every MCU movie is like.' There's no character development. It's written by people who want to appeal to kids, and the comics weren't actually ever meant for kids. I mean, look at this s**t:

1555775990460.png

This was the Hulk's response to Wolverine asking him whether it was okay for him to take Bruce Banner's love interest Betty Ross for a bit of chicken, maybe a bit of sex. As you do.

Marvel movies are formulaic because they are designed for the widest audience.

If they ever stuck to the source material in anyway, then they would be quite...different. There was lots of ******* around happening in the comics, for one. Most of it was about the relationships that the characters had with one another - the fact that they had powers was mundane and actually complicated the whole idea of break-ups. Like the whole Cyclops/Jean Grey/Psylocke thing that I remember. Or Thanos literally being in love with the female personification of Death.

Then there was the whole Magneto/Red Skull Jew/Nazi thing going on which was pretty full on.

The original X-Men/Spiderman movies had a bit of the comic book style happening, because they focused on the characters and their relationships with one another rather than anything else.

That's why Avengers: End Game is the end for the cinematic MCU. Like, I was thinking tonight of going to see Captain Marvel and then I was like 'naaahhh, it'll just be the same garbage every MCU movie is like.' There's no character development. It's written by people who want to appeal to kids, and the comics weren't actually ever meant for kids. I mean, look at this s**t:

View attachment 658804

This was the Hulk's response to Wolverine asking him whether it was okay for him to take Bruce Banner's love interest Betty Ross for a bit of chicken, maybe a bit of sex. As you do.
I love Janus. So positive here. Let's be positive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm the least racist person in ever. Those ..........I'm not going there.
Mate, people who aren't racist don't randomly feel the need to declare that they aren't racist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back