Review Dees v Richmond: the Good, Bad, Fugly and very Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

I assume there's no changes thread because no one gives a s**t?

Fugly
  • This season is cooked.
  • Half our team are too old, too slow or injured.
  • Lewis is done.
  • Jones is treading water.
  • Petracca is fat, unfit and useless.
  • Our forward line is a total shambles.
  • Fritsch has regressed completely in the space of about a month.
  • Weid is doing nothing.
  • Our entire midfield is one paced, unaccoubtable and just generally lazy.
  • Hibberd's disposal was all kinds of atrocious.
  • Brayshaw is a lazy campaigner
Silver linings
  • Salem continues to put together a consistent season and would be toe to toe with Gawn for BnF right now
  • Big Max tries valiantly but I honestly think MFC has broken his spirit. I'm worried he will fully regress into his shell now.
  • Stretch was decent. Please persist with him. If Goody drops him I will flip a ******* table.

Fugly: Trac. I don't think I can make anymore excuses for him. I've been naively optimistic that he will come good. I keep waiting for him to just 'DeGoey' it, but it's not happening. This time last year I reckon Trac was ahead of DeGoey, who was only just coming back from sorting his off-field stuff out. Trac seemed more complete, and had put in more serviceable games. But then whatever DG touched just turned to gold - and it really sh*t me. He'd have 8 touches but that'd equate to 4.3 and a goal assist. Trac would have 14 touches with 0.1 and an out on the full. To me they are really similar players, and Trac was more highly rated as a junior. But I don't think I've ever seen Trac take an uncontested grab full sprint on a lead inside 50, whereas DG seems to get it regularly. I reckon he is the sort of guy who would compare himself to the others in the draft, and mentally that would get him down knowing he was #2 but blokes below are dominating like he was expected to by now. Imagine how Paddy McCartin must be feeling?!*
I know he's not helped by the delivery etc etc and it looks like he's been told to push further up outside 50 than DG, but I'd just love to see what he could do if (IF IF IF IF) we actually made space inside our 50 and had him one-out at FF.

*Actually upon closer inspection of that draft, there aint much chop there.

Early it felt like anytime Melksham had the ball to deliver into the 50 something good would happen

Always rated his kicking, sublime - low, raking and fast through the air. Reckon his main issue was always awareness in traffic.

If you can get the ball in his hands for forward entries you're on a winner.

Thought the first half showed you arent far away, pressure was intense, lesser teams than Richmond may have broken.

Once the goals come it'll turn around, youll get on a run and this will all be forgotten

good luck for the rest of the year
Agree on Melk, he's definitely one of the best users in our side, but disagree with the latter parts of the post.
We had plenty of pressure on the Saints last week but couldn't get a goal to save ourselves. They soaked it up, and eventually we ran out of puff for them to stroll it up the other end for goals galore. Same against Essendon earlier in the year. 7 goals something in the 2nd quarter to get to a handy HT lead, we thought the job was done but follow up by giving your lads 8 in a row.
We can muster about 2 twenty minute passages a game of solid play at the moment, which if our opponents can grind out will leave them free to do whatever the * they like with the other 80 minutes of game time.

if we can put a filter on **** or campaigner surely we can put a filter on the name Hogan. Regardless of what side of the fence you fall on, its getting seriously boring now.
Was literally thinking the exact same thing. Maybe swear filter change Hogan to “I’m boring” or “I’m annoying” or watermelon or something...

IT’S ******* ANNOYING. BOTH SIDES.

And also, MODS!!, could we get some thread bans or some other form of control if non-Hogan threads continue to be derailed?

So disappointed in this club yet again. Shameful what's happened really. We're going to go into the Suns gane 1-7! An unbelievable and unforgivable disaster. Time for Pert to earn his $$ and make some decisions. Can't keep this up without consequences..
Yeah it’s a bit of nightmare really. Not only have we been totally worked out we are getting totally hammered and just not keeping up with the pace of the game. We haven’t addressed a thing because we don’t have the personnel to go and do it.

Pert will have to make some decisions I’d feel if we drop the next 2. Hawthorn will beat Carlton then us and they’ll be back on track. It astounds me how poor we’ve been re adapting to the modern game. Pert surely is having a hard time working this out, this is where the leadership of the club at senior executive level needs to shine, this is why we are paying big dollars.

We will be 1-6 going into the GC game and something will have to give. Some assistants will need to go for sure. Last night nailed the finals coffin shut so I reckon there’ll be some pretty serious meetings going on over the next 10 days. If no changes occurred I’d be a bit worried people are resting on their laurels. We’ve played finals once since 2007 and after a glimmer of hope last year we really are back down the bottom rung again.

Losing to Hawthorn would mean that things just need to change. We aren’t Richmond having a down year after 3 years of finals, we are a perennial loser club who is losing consistently. Pert has to really give a damn here ang initiate something. I just don’t know anymore, I don’t who or what will change this but it’s going to cost the club a lot of support if it keeps going.

I know many members who have emailed the club, who won’t renew memberships, who will stop going. People will just get off this train if it continues going nowhere. Look at St Kilda? Gold Coast? Even Fremantle? Look at these teams that we all tipped for bottom 4 who are miles in front of us. The standards at this club are just so poor, we’ve got a B grade culture and it just keeps showing. We aren’t even competitive after a certain point.

I watched a half last night (on and off) and threw it in. I knew we weren’t keeping up or even going to get close. It was predictably sad when I looked at the scores at the end of the game, yes, a typical result where we just couldn’t stay close or fight out a win.

Embarrassing.

Apparently Brayshaw, who has been by far our most productive inside mid so far, didn’t start a single centre clearance last night. Wtf

anyone else still waiting to wake up covered in sweat on the morning of Round 1 ready to tell the Bigfooty community about the nightmare you've just had about Melbourne's first 6 weeks of the season?

It really does feel like a bad dream doesn’t it. All we are missing is Freddie Kruger

No wait, he plays in our forward line LOL

Apparently Brayshaw, who has been by far our most productive inside mid so far, didn’t start a single centre clearance last night. Wtf
Not a big concern, we won the centre clearance

Don’t mean to intrude fellas, just wanted to get an idea of Melbourne supporters thoughts on Petracca?
Oozes talent, but from an outsiders perspective just doesn’t seem to work hard enough, and when he doesn’t his way early, seems to drop his bundle and skills drop off, fumbles and his monster frame gets pushed off the ball. Frustrated me as a Richmond supporter from the outside seeing him just cruise when he should be dominating the comp by now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry to intrude but Dees feel a lot like us in 2016. There was panic and people screaming for players to be traded, coaches to be sacked and rebuild to start again. I said then that we had the best group of top end talent we'd had in 30 years and we shouldn't be throwing out the baby with the bathwater.

That season Richmond went the the wrong way with its game plan and we were awful. The talent was still there though and they worked it out

Somethings clearly gone wrong in your offseason, some players have lost their confidence and this season is probably shot. Its probably too late to turn now but give them another year to fix it and see what happens.

You still have an awesome list and the best young midfield talent in the league. When was the last time that was the case?

Stick with it. Good times are not far away.

Marty Hore has been a great find, its easy to overlook the positives when everything is so dire but he deserves some recognition. If he was playing in a better side he would continue to improve but I'm glad we managed to find a decent defender without having to give up first rounder. With Lever, Hore and a fit May we could have a pretty strong backline over the next 3 seasons, i just hope it gives guys like pig and Jetta the opportunity to play like they did a few seasons ago once they don't have to be as accountable for teams best forwards.

Was really sorry to lose Marty Hore from our VFL team, and wanted us to pick him up. He has been good for you, someone with good leadership qualities too. He is looking like something you can hang your hat on back there, and really pleased for him to get his chance.

Worse than Fugly: Opposition posters coming in telling us it wont take long until we "turn it around"

They've obviously never supported Melbourne before

Totally agree

I don't want sympathy or to be everybody's 2nd team

I want to be hated

Obviously not happening this year

Was really sorry to lose Marty Hore from our VFL team, and wanted us to pick him up. He has been good for you, someone with good leadership qualities too. He is looking like something you can hang your hat on back there, and really pleased for him to get his chance.

To be fair you do have Langdon and Howe who go ok...

If I've bitched about this I was wrong but no assistants are getting sacked midseason. You can't replace them so it's completely pointless. Any replacement would be currently unemployed and be no improvement on what we have now

Oliver hardly started any in the first half either. Clearly a message that things werent working. Didn't seem to make any difference to us at all. We won contested footy by 14 in the first quarter and neither started a centre bounce.

If I've bitched about this I was wrong but no assistants are getting sacked midseason. You can't replace them so it's completely pointless. Any replacement would be currently unemployed and be no improvement on what we have now
Unless there is some seriously dysfunctional or toxic prick who is causing unreasonable amounts of anxiety, disharmony or whatever. Like I assume was the case with N^^#d at the bombers last year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back