Player Watch #9: Trent Cotchin is an obscenely good 3 x Premiership Captain, Victorian Captain & Brownlow Medalist

Remove this Banner Ad

F*CK me, some of you campaigners on here must judge people on your sh*tty Supercoch scores...

Trent wasn't amazing tonight, but he was one of only a handful who threw himself at every contest, NO MATTER WHAT...

There are 10 in the cue to retire or delist before him at the moment.

He tried hard but looked so slow was throwing his body in but the ball had already gone. Cotch is not right either his injuries or age have caught up. I didn't see anything special like some of you guys but then again. Think it's the right time and from what I've been told he knows it also.

It's funny how people will comment on someone like Patrick Cripps earlier in the season when he was playing injured saying you can't make excuses cos if they're on the field then they can't be that injured. Yet people in media and on this forum will invent injuries for Cotchin. Oh he's playing bad...... He must be carrying an injury????? Well have people seen enough to now accept the end has come for Trent. Mundy deserves a 2 year extension the way he's going. Cotchins not injured he's just past it. Sick of hearing this nonsense he deserves another year. I'd gain a tonne of respect for him if he faced reality and honourably stood down at end of year freeing up our salary cap. This will help us retain Bolton and attract top end talent with that money, which is far more useful and serviceable to the future success of the Tigers than giving Trent another year of diminishing output.

It's funny how people will comment on someone like Patrick Cripps earlier in the season when he was playing injured saying you can't make excuses cos if they're on the field then they can't be that injured. Yet people in media and on this forum will invent injuries for Cotchin. Oh he's playing bad...... He must be carrying an injury????? Well have people seen enough to now accept the end has come for Trent. Mundy deserves a 2 year extension the way he's going. Cotchins not injured he's just past it. Sick of hearing this nonsense he deserves another year. I'd gain a tonne of respect for him if he faced reality and honourably stood down at end of year freeing up our salary cap. This will help us retain Bolton and attract top end talent with that money, which is far more useful and serviceable to the future success of the Tigers than giving Trent another year of diminishing output.

He is literally carrying our midfield. You say you will gain a tonne of respect if he gave it away? How the * do you not respect him for everything he’s done for our club? You sound like an absolute douchebag bagging our captain who has thrown his body around for his whole career.

Piss poor. You can’t call yourself a fan

I for one will NEVER criticize him. He has been a magnificent servant of the club and totally transformed the way he played (and sacrificed many awards along the way) to become a leader and winner.

Yeah he looks to be struggling but if he says he wants another year then that's fine by me.
He has been one of (if not the) major reason the players have been so tight over the last decade. Brilliant leader of our club. His impact cannot be measured in kicks and handballs. I sincerely hope he goes around again and as captain in 2022, because with luck with injuries I firmly believe we can give next year a massive shake.

If he's injured I've still got time for him.

But the way he is playing is definitely a concern. Not just the offensive stuff - the slow jogging back in defence while the opposition tear past him is killing us.

Cotch please re-sign for another 3yrs.
Just to make the above posters miserable life even more miserable.
Tiger Faithful.

Time to retire unfortunately.
Been a great captain but it’s caught up with him in a big way.
He’s become a liability in the side and can’t play midfield anymore.
I hope he makes the right call and pulls the pin at the end of this year.
I question anyone’s judgment on here that suggest otherwise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Time to retire unfortunately.
Been a great captain but it’s caught up with him in a big way.
He’s become a liability in the side and can’t play midfield anymore.
I hope he makes the right call and pulls the pin at the end of this year.
I question anyone’s judgment on here that suggest otherwise.

Did you have that opinion when he hoisted the 3rd of his premierships only 9 months ago?

Amazing how loyal and respectful our supporters are 🙄

Did you have that opinion when he hoisted the 3rd of his premierships only 9 months ago?

Amazing how loyal and respectful our supporters are 🙄
Yep he struggled last year at times.
To suggest I’m not a loyal or respectful supporter is a joke. Like to know how many on here kept paying multiple memberships through last year when we couldn’t go to games…
He’s been a great captain which I have said multiple times- they can’t play for ever it just doesn’t work like that.

Yep he struggled last year at times.
To suggest I’m not a loyal or respectful supporter is a joke. Like to know how many on here kept paying multiple memberships through last year when we couldn’t go to games…
He’s been a great captain which I have said multiple times- they can’t play for ever it just doesn’t work like that.

Dunno why you're so offended when you're the one calling for our 3x premiership captain to retire based on a handful of games he's playing whilst injured 🙈

Maybe just take the emotion out of the situation? If Cotch wants to play on in 2022, I'll respect it. We've been gutted from the inside for leadership and coaching, Cotch leaving leaves us ever so bare. I'd love for Cotch to play on, injuring free and rediscover his form. I'll back him in to do that even if you don't.

I've seen supporters get sad when guys like Menadue, Gourdis, Webberly, Arnot, etc get released. But we've got people calling for legends like Cotchin and Riewoldt to retire.

Chill. Back them in. We can actually still make the 8. Remember when we made the finals once from 1996-2012?

Dunno why you're so offended when you're the one calling for our 3x premiership captain to retire based on a handful of games he's playing whilst injured 🙈

Maybe just take the emotion out of the situation? If Cotch wants to play on in 2022, I'll respect it. We've been gutted from the inside for leadership and coaching, Cotch leaving leaves us ever so bare. I'd love for Cotch to play on, injuring free and rediscover his form. I'll back him in to do that even if you don't.

I've seen supporters get sad when guys like Menadue, Gourdis, Webberly, Arnot, etc get released. But we've got people calling for legends like Cotchin and Riewoldt to retire.

Chill. Back them in. We can actually still make the 8. Remember when we made the finals once from 1996-2012?
That’s the point my opinion was made by taking the emotion out… yours unfortunately isn’t.
He’s not injured- he’s finished.

That’s the point my opinion was made by taking the emotion out… yours unfortunately isn’t.
He’s not injured- he’s finished.

He's 'finished', lol...thanks Leigh Matthews.

Now we can all move on, some random on bigfooty has just ruled a line through Richmond's only 3x Premiership captain, best and fairest and brownlow medalist.

Im at ease now, thanks

Two things stood out to me, our Captain could not or did not take on the responsibility to kick a 40m set shot directly in front when we needed leadership and in a game decided by less than a goal he gave one away with an undisciplined 50.

Tried his guts out in the third, but those 2 things earlier really hurt.

Two things stood out to me, our Captain could not or did not take on the responsibility to kick a 40m set shot directly in front when we needed leadership and in a game decided by less than a goal he gave one away with an undisciplined 50.

that 50 was bs

Did exactly the same last game. He is tired, his body has had it and he has no confidence anymore. If you notice he keeps laughing even when we are playing so horribly that is a sign of giving up.
Anyway, time flies and we will know soon enough what is happening.

Did exactly the same last game. He is tired, his body has had it and he has no confidence anymore. If you notice he keeps laughing even when we are playing so horribly that is a sign of giving up.
Anyway, time flies and we will know soon enough what is happening.

He’s always laughed. Don’t make it something now we are struggling

Remove this Banner Ad

Back