No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pies given Daicos the seagull role so he gets all the useless possessions that will have all the media nuffies creaming their jocks and falling over themselves to hand him the rising star award..

He's a star and will walk the award in now. Hope the Duke gets his due recognition, which I think he will now some talking heads are on the bandwagon.

I would not be that upset if Daicos wins the RS, but nowhere near as happy as I am that Duke is a Hawk.
Imagine if Norf had've picked Daicos with pick one. Just to force Collingwood to spend more on taking him. They could have always told JHF to pull his head in, he was their second choice.

I missed it this afternoon so just watched the replay now.
They are good to watch Collingwood and I enjoyed seeing them win.
They play a really entertaining brand of footy.

And Cox had a ripper. Well done to him too because he is almost universally maligned.
Hats off to Cox for his game.

He’s universally panned as you say, but he’s got the tools to be a weapon. Richmond supporters know it all too well.

Special credit to him for getting back from his eye troubles. I heard from him first hand a couple years ago at a GF event of the pain he went through, and the days of wondering if he was going to lose his sight. The goggles might get laughed at, but he’s had to go through a lot of s**t times and worry to be out there wearing them.

I would not be that upset if Daicos wins the RS, but nowhere near as happy as I am that Duke is a Hawk.
They simply won’t go passed Daicos from here unless he falls in a deep hole.

As good as our boys been they will not overlook a famous father son, who went top 5, averaging 30 disposals a game. Even as a loose hbf.

7bfeee4f913fd59befc351a0adc3423b.png

For me it's easy to see who "should" win

They simply won’t go passed Daicos from here unless he falls in a deep hole.

As good as our boys been they will not overlook a famous father son, who went top 5, averaging 30 disposals a game. Even as a loose hbf.

Yep.
And while he may be positioned "behind the ball" which works for his possie count, he shows so much composure for a young man.
He is a very good player already.

7bfeee4f913fd59befc351a0adc3423b.png

For me it's easy to see who "should" win
Agreed, but it’s best to let it go.

Burton had a better season than the crab too, but the Essendon fanboys in the media had done their job at the time of the vote taking.

Interestingly this year the HFC have been quite obvious about their push for recognition of Newk. It’s a welcome change, even if it doesn’t work out for him.

Yep.
And while he may be positioned "behind the ball" which works for his possie count, he shows so much composure for a young man.
He is a very good player already.
He has been composed, that same composure is being shown by newcombe though.

It's bloody frustrating, we spent years praise hodge, only to be told he was a rung below due to playing half back.
Now we are being told that a half back is better than a midfielder who has been getting similar numbers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There were a lot of people dismissing Daicos at the start of the year, particularly in comparison to JHF who was the second coming of Jesus. I always thought he was Pick 1 because it's very difficult to teach that level of production, in comparison to JHF who had star level impact but was inconsistent across games.

Even if I wasn't a critic before his debut, I did have some questions on his impact after his first few games and compared him to Matt Crouch. Have to admit I went extremely early. Has adjusted to the speed of the game quicker than any player I've seen since Cyril, or maybe Rowell (if he'd played more games before his injury).

Daicos is the clear favourite and he will get it and deservedly so will be a great player for Collingwood for years to come
He's a great player and will be fantastic, the award isn;t who will be better but who is better currently. Daicos hasn't been better than Newcombe and the coaches votes agree

I think Mitchell has coached every bit as good as anyone this year imo.

I considered our list bottom 4 at the start of the year he has done very well.

Concur, with a few exceptions the boys have been competitive and worried most teams thus far this season and list challenges aside a few losses have been due to Mitchell's risk/reward bold game style resulting in costly turnovers...

Age as at 31st of December 2022
Dylan Moore = Highest rated 23 year old,
Jai Newcombe = 5th highest rated 21 year old

Positional ratings (min 8 games)
James Sicily = Highest rated key defender
Mitch Lewis = 3rd highest rated key forward
Dylan Moore = Highest rated general fwd
Luke Breust = 5th highest rated general fwd
Harry Morrison = 5th highest rated wing

Is there a more dis-likeable coach in the AFL?

Sooooooo......he doesn't want to do away with the policy, just the mental health loophole that allows no further strikes

That actually sounds reasonable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back