Opinion Sack Hinkley 10 - UnTENable

Remove this Banner Ad

1713930116715.png

This is totally unsurprising. We haven't looked truly fit for years. Our injury "management" is laughable and haven't found the keys to the gym yet. Maybe ask Chadbro and Dixck.
Re `the keys to the gym' bit, there is a pic of JHF from when he was at norf where he appears more developed in the shoulders and particularly his biceps than he does now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's the ONLY one who calls him out and that's because he was taken back by calls he received from an angry Ken after the bulldogs home prelim smashing a couple years ago when King was finally critical of us.. so I think he's just pushing back further now.
Is that the reason? I thought he ramped it up after we took his precious JHF... or of course it could be both

Is that the reason? I thought he ramped it up after we took his precious JHF... or of course it could be both
A bit of both. I know ken rang King critical about the way he spoke about us at the end of the 2021 season and specifically around Kens coaching , King was public with this I think also Kane or Tredrea got a call? I could be wrong

Is it because Hinkleyball requires so much two way running that our players are cooked? I often notice other teams have players (Ted is one that comes to mind) who are more "stay at home".
I think it's because we press too high for large portions of the game and it's almost impossible to maintain that concentration for the entirety of a quarter. One clean exit out and we are incredibly easy to score against.
We are also terribly inept at defensive ground balls due to the fact we've over recruited interceptors who go to water when the ball hits the ground in our disorganised backline.

We'd have to be #1 side to cop Joe the goose goals against us in the last 5 years.

He's the ONLY one who calls him out and that's because he was taken back by calls he received from an angry Ken after the bulldogs home prelim smashing a couple years ago when King was finally critical of us.. so I think he's just pushing back further now.
How could you be so sensitive and thin-skinned that you think criticism of a humiliating 12-goal home Prelim defeat, to a bunch of hotel detainees living out of a suitcase for two years, was unfair and unwarranted?

Ken's problem is he received a charmed, almost unprecedented criticism-free run for the first few years of his tenure, so he became entitled and felt beyond reproach. And now that it's finally starting coming, he constitutes every piece of criticism as a vicious personal attack.

How could you be so sensitive and thin-skinned that you think criticism of a humiliating 12-goal home Prelim defeat, to a bunch of hotel detainees living out of a suitcase for two years, was unfair and unwarranted?

Ken's problem is he received a charmed, almost unprecedented criticism-free run for the first few years of his tenure, so he became entitled and felt beyond reproach. And now that it's finally starting coming, he constitutes every piece of criticism as a vicious personal attack.
I think that's what King thinks hence the barrage of rightful criticism of the dickhead.

Ken comes across as a media nice guy but one stab at him re his coaching or anything personal and he really gets defensive , you can see it , he sits there and twitches and never owns it.

This is totally unsurprising. We haven't looked truly fit for years. Our injury "management" is laughable and haven't found the keys to the gym yet. Maybe ask Chadbro and Dixck.

When Burgess left did we scour the world for a replacement or did it end up being another internal appointment/promotion?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back