Toast 11 Prelims in 22 Seasons

Remove this Banner Ad

BUMP.

11th Prelim since 2002.

Prelims = (2002, 2003, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023)

Since 2002, this is the number of prelim final appearances for each club:
  • Geelong = 13
  • Collingwood = 11
  • Sydney = 8
  • Port Adelaide = 7
  • Hawthorn = 6
  • Brisbane Lions = 6
  • West Coast = 5
  • Western Bulldogs = 5
  • St Kilda = 5
  • Adelaide = 5
  • Richmond = 4
  • Fremantle = 3
  • GWS = 3
  • North Melbourne = 3
  • Melbourne = 2
  • Carlton = 0
  • Essendon = 0
  • Gold Coast = 0
The club's consistency deserves to be applauded.
Mate, I was thinking about this thread just the other day and pondered "I wonder when it will get bumped" :D

Here's hoping your "bump" brings us a bit of good fortune in 2023 and our boys bring home the big prize :thumbsu::trophy:

We’ve been consistently good, but rarely the best. It’s a conundrum of this club.

Issue with being consistent good is you also often lack quality picks to grab those superstars.

Let’s hope we buck the trend this year. But it’s gonna be another tough one.

Aside from 2010 we haven’t been the clear dominant team

We’ve been consistently good, but rarely the best. It’s a conundrum of this club.

Issue with being consistent good is you also often lack quality picks to grab those superstars.

2011 I thought we were even better than 2010.

Freakin’ Podsiadly going down, making Tom Hawkins the main target, combined with Malthouse never having a plan B, we failed miserably that season.

Edit: add to the mix the whole succession plan. Malthouse changing his mind etc. Such division in the club. We were so good that year.

2010 you could have thrown a blanket over three teams… and we needed a second grand final to eventually get there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great effort, but really need another flag.

Great to see the blues at zero preliminaries in over 20 years.
The fact that they are a chance to get into a grannie and a chance to win it in their first genuine final's appearance ( the one due to the cheating Bombers does not count) in twenty years is sickening given this will be our 11th in the same time period. We do find it hard to win flags, but we are always in there giving ourselves a chance.

We were in 1970 and you know what happened then!

I have the scars from 1970, 1977, 1979, 1981, 2002, 2003, 2011 and 2018.
For me 1990 was the best as it broke the drought, but that didn't stop me celebrating 2010.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back