AFL Player #13: Nik Cox 🦄 - Skipper called him 'the Unicorn' in an interview (confirmed!)

Remove this Banner Ad

I read somewhere that there are question marks on the quality of the surface at Tulla. Take it with a grain of salt though; I don't remember where I read that.
There is nothing wrong with the surface at Tulla. One of the best decks in Melbourne.

I read somewhere that there are question marks on the quality of the surface at Tulla. Take it with a grain of salt though; I don't remember where I read that.
Wouldn’t be surprised. It looks a great surface to the eye. But what it’s like is another question. I believe Freo had a heap of trouble with their new facilities oval aswell but got it fixed last off season.

Wouldn’t be surprised. It looks a great surface to the eye. But what it’s like is another question. I believe Freo had a heap of trouble with their new facilities oval aswell but got it fixed last off season.
I was surprised to find dog nuggets on it when I took my son for a kick on it after visiting the bombershop but apart form that it looks to be in beautiful knick (I'm no expert though).

The main oval or the 2nd one. Didn’t think public were allowed on the main oval
I had no trouble parking the car and having a kick with my son as were others. I’m not sure which oval is the main oval - I have seen them training in both. It was the one down the Melrose drive end.

I had no trouble parking the car and having a kick with my son as were others. I’m not sure which oval is the main oval - I have seen them training in both.
I think it’s pretty clear which one is the main oval. The one right in front of the hangar facilities that the main group train on and is used for match sim and practice matches. 2nd oval used more for rehab group etc

Several weeks away despite steady progress on a back injury
Former first-round pick Nik Cox (back) and the versatile James Stewart (foot) are both progressing steadily through their respective rehab programs but remain several weeks away from being ready to return to full training.

So has anyone from the club actually said what has happened to nik, did he actually have a stress fracture? Jon Ralph reporting he’s on the same time line to return as Zach Reid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So has anyone from the club actually said what has happened to nik, did he actually have a stress fracture? Jon Ralph reporting he’s on the same time line to return as Zach Reid.
Not sure anyone has actually officially said anything. Back hot spot was what I heard but that was not official.

He had an MRI on his back weeks ago, and there hasn’t been another sound out of the club since then.

Soanyone from the club actually said what has happened to nik, did he actually have a stress fracture? Jon Ralph reporting he’s on the same time line to return as Zach Reid.

The impression I get from Scott is that there is no time line.

Without going to look I think it was soreness and hot spots for both.

We're being super conservative with managing the returns. He's mentioned that a few times.

It looks like Tsatas has been added to that Iist. Jayden Davey was probably a bit of overkill but there starting from scratch with him too.

It should all be in a report. Even just to say everything is okay we're being conservative and don't know about return dates.

Last edited:
The impression I get from Scott is that there is no time line.

Without going to look I think it was soreness and hot spots for both.

We're being super conservative with managing the returns. He's mentioned that a few times.

It looks like Tsatas has been added to that Iist. Jayden Davey was probably a bit of overkill but there starting from scratch with him too.

It should all be in a report. Even just to say everything is okay we're being conservative and don't know about return dates.
I don’t mind them being conservative, I’m happy that’s the approach. As long as they’re going to update everyone on what the situation is. It’s been extremely poor over the summer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back