Player Watch #15 Sam Wicks

Remove this Banner Ad

20200705_wicks_hero.jpg

Sam Wicks

Sam Wicks is a small forward with tidy skills below his knees and an outstanding awareness around goal. The QBE Sydney Swans Academy product was rookie-listed in November 2018 and was a consistent stand-out for the Sydney Swans’ NEAFL side in 2019. He became Sydney's fifth debutant of season 2020 when he was named to face Collingwood in Round 10, before finishing the season with seven appearances to his name. Wicks heads into 2021 fighting names like Tom Papley, Ben Ronke, Lewis Taylor and Sam Gray for a spot in Sydney’s best 22.

Sam Wicks
DOB: 14 September 1999
DEBUT: 2020
DRAFT: #Undefined, 2018 Other
RECRUITED FROM: Manly-Warringah (NSW)/Sydney (NEAFL)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's a guy who used to post on the Carlton board who I believe is the grandfather of Lochie O'Brien and apparently he stopped posting there because of the abuse/vitriol directed in LOB's direction.
He was a long time Carlton supporter and obviously thrilled when his grandson was drafted by Carlton.
So disappointing that he had to step back from engaging with other Carlton fans on BF.

Gotta say if a relative was signed up by an AFL club I don't think I'd go near an online footy forum.
Mind you if I did sign up, reading some of the crap directed at players I'm surely sure I'd be banned fairly quickly anyway for reacting to abuse of the kid.

True
I actually like the guys who post on this forum. Genuine swans supporters who know their footy. Having said that there are times I don’t go on the forum as Sam is getting smashed!
If he got smashed all the time I would definitely sign off!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Poor bloke is confusing Wicks with his footy club. They did the whole hi Sydney, bye Sydney thing...... and on the Gold Coast....... and Canberra...... and soon to be Tasmania. It's almost as if nobody wants the stench of their shitty club.

Settle down mate, just remember where you blokes originated from… was just wondering about the chatter that’s floating around, is true or not.

Instant equal favourite swan! ha!

nice fancy footwork, I'm keen to see how he progresses next year. He's getting to learn from Papley, one of the best small forwards in the game. I have confidence he can build upon this year and be a crucial cog in our forward line.

One of the things I've noticed about him is he's always smiling or looks happy when he's playing. It's good to see.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez this tassie talk is getting old. Strange how they’re out of debt but the relocation team is telling another too

Geez this tassie talk is getting old. Strange how they’re out of debt but the relocation team is telling another too

It's almost as if you posted an inflammatory comment and people got annoyed.

Who'd a thunk.

Oh crap I forgot about that, I was just thinking of how they are also well known for teenage pregnancy.

Most family trees in Alabama and Tasmania are basically circles.

or at the very least an oval.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back