List Mgmt. 2015 Draft, Trades and Retirements Thread Pt 1

WISH LIST: If we could trade for the following players, who should we get?

• Will Minson (Ruck)

Votes: 21 16.0%
  • Ryan Schoenmakers (CHB)

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • Zac Dawson (CHB)

Votes: 7 5.3%
  • Matt Suckling (HBF)

Votes: 18 13.7%
  • Shaun Hampson (Ruck)

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Brian Lake (FB)

Votes: 6 4.6%
  • Sam Gilbert (CHB)

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • Matt Leuenberger (Ruck)

Votes: 43 32.8%
  • Tom Bellchambers (Ruck)

Votes: 7 5.3%
  • Courtenay Dempsey (CHB)

• Zac Smith (Ruck)

Votes: 23 17.6%
  • Trent McKenzie (Mid)

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Steve Johnson (Fwd)

Votes: 18 13.7%
  • Nathan Wilson (HBF)

• Jake Carlisle (CHB)

Votes: 22 16.8%
  • Adam Treloar (Mid)

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Harley Bennell

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Jeremy McGovern (Def) (Re-signed with WCE)

Votes: 20 15.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There certainly will be a flow on effect but although its fun to come up with fantasy trades it remains exactly that with no evidence attached. I think we need a fantasy trades thread...

Isn't that what this thread is? It would just be a press release thread otherwise. :D

SAAD and other duds that aren't even in s**t teams firsts

I take your point.

But as we are still restricted by the ban, we're pretty much just looking at the low hanging fruit this year anyway. And a fair amount of that fruit is fly-blown. So one man's dud in this thread, is a another's valid option, I guess.

Leuenberger, Henderson, Yarran, Watts, Bennell, Talia, Smith etc. It's a who's who of players we could turn into real contributors, but who are all currently struggling for games or job security at their own clubs (for a vaiety of reasons).

10 mil for 6 years the reported offer to danger ( nickname cause I can ) from the dees
I like the Dees and hope they get him. Heard lyon on footy classifieds say if he ever got to psd, they'd snap him up in an instant at whatever rate geelong offered and sort out his homesickness issues later, so wouldn't surprise me if they now rear their heads.

Would hate to see Cats get both Henderson and Dangerfield and we walk away from the draft with a bucket of shite.

He's a free agent, not an auction item! If he chooses to play for Geelong and my understanding is that is the case...he won't be going to Melbourne! Money isn't everything and if there's one thing Dangerfield does have, it's integrity!

can we move the poll to the other trade thread too?? just find it irratating to scroll through. i mean brian lake, wtf? Dawson..Gilbert, Hampson.. why???? ugh. others like Bellchambers, McGovern are contracted.. just dont see it as useful..

Shame we can't get Leunberger as a FA. even if it meant we'd be overstocked till next year when Delistrex and Pyke go. Smith would have to be traded for. Anyways if we do get a ruck, how will we manage the development of our younger rucks? Nankervis still unsigned yeah? interesting.

So would we be better off focusing on getting a ready to go KPD and making do with out existing rucks next year, maybe recruiting a ruck post '16, if Nank or Naismith don't have big seasons.

I think that decision will be the crux of our trade period and while we have other question marks I think both areas really held us back this year, so hope they have some ideas.

wouldnt mind a key forward understudy either. but we cant have everything :|

He's a free agent, not an auction item! If he chooses to play for Geelong and my understanding is that is the case...he won't be going to Melbourne! Money isn't everything and if there's one thing Dangerfield does have, it's integrity!

Had a good whinge about tippett leaving, so he is a hypocrite

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its more than fair we dont have a lot of bargaining power if that deal goes through Eagles have been a lot kinder to us than GWS were.

We are very nice most of the time, which sucks as we should be more ruthless.

Still think it would be the Selwood compo more than our first straight up.

We are very nice most of the time, which sucks as we should be more ruthless.

Actually I disagree. It is better to try and get a deal all parties are happy with for every trade if possible as it means other clubs in the future will be happy to try and trade with your club. If your club is always a hard nosed dick in trade negotiations then a lot of clubs will just flat out refuse to even bother opening negotiations as it simply won't be worth their time.

Actually I disagree. It is better to try and get a deal all parties are happy with for every trade if possible as it means other clubs in the future will be happy to try and trade with your club. If your club is always a hard nosed dick in trade negotiations then a lot of clubs will just flat out refuse to even bother opening negotiations as it simply won't be worth their time.

Works for a few clubs who don't seem to have issues bringing in talent (pies).

The Bombers say hi

of course Jesse White and Tony Armstrong worked a treat for them

To be fair White played a high percentage of games as a top 22 player. He has deficiencies as we all know but is mercurial and what did it cost them? Nothing.

They did ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back