2016 Rookie Draft thread: Needs and who do we take?

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think it is lol at all as I would much prefer him on our list. Not having him might leave a hole in 2017 that will be difficult to replace. Sure he shot himself in the foot but the bullet went out of his fit and hit us as well.
Nope. He had an offer. Rejected it and now he looks the fool. He was by no means a must sign player. the lols will be well and truly continuing for a while

Not really. To enter an AFL list, you can't just join, you need to be drafted.

So everyone in the rookie draft, were not deemed up to AFL standard. If they were, they would have been drafted to a primary list in the AFL draft or selected as a DFA or in the PSD.

On Nexus 6P using BigFooty.com mobile app

Is that a fact. so let me see here, you are telling us that because they are on the rookie draft list they are not good enough for AFL footy. That's the way I read you anyway.

Heath Grundy, Kieren Jack, Nick Smith, Tom Papley, Dane Rampe, Ben McGlinn, Xavier Richards, Sam Naismith and Jake Lloyd mustn't be much good then. They must be de-listed because every one of them started his footy as a Rookie and each of these players represented the Swans in the 2016 Grand Final. Between them they have played over 900 games for the Swans. So much for Rookies not being good enough for AFL footy.

Heath Grundy, Kieren Jack, Nick Smith, Tom Papley, Dane Rampe, Ben McGlinn, Xavier Richards, Sam Naismith and Jake Lloyd mustn't be much good then. They must be de-listed because every one of them started his footy as a Rookie and each of these players represented the Swans in the 2016 Grand Final. Between them they have played over 900 games for the Swans. So much for Rookies not being good enough for AFL footy.

Did they play a game on the Rookie list????? No they were elevated as either an elevated Rookie during the season or post season onto the main list before they played in the AFL.

I never said AFL quality/level players are not developed on the rookie list and become stars. They are just not AFL level and quality at the time of drafting until they are elevated onto the senior list.

To be fair, the reason why everyone is in the Rookie Draft is they are not AFL quality. Otherwise they would be on an AFL list.

Lets draft another Hiscox ;)

hiscox was never a Rookie, he was drafted to the main list.

Did they play a game on the Rookie list????? No they were elevated as either an elevated Rookie during the season or post season onto the main list before they played in the AFL.

I never said AFL quality/level players are not developed on the rookie list and become stars. They are just not AFL level and quality at the time of drafting until they are elevated onto the senior list.

Yes they did. Rampe was playing because someone was injured. As all have done

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes they did. Rampe was playing because someone was injured. As all have done

And was elevated to the senior list as an elevated rookie. thus he was on the senior list mid season and able to play.

Similar to Papley playing last year, he was an elevated to the senior list.

And was elevated to the senior list as an elevated rookie. thus he was on the senior list mid season and able to play.

Similar to Papley playing last year, he was an elevated to the senior list.

You do realise it is impossible to play without being elevated right? You are implying that one week Rampe was shite, and the next week because he was elevated Rampe suddenly became really good.

I don't think it is lol at all as I would much prefer him on our list. Not having him might leave a hole in 2017 that will be difficult to replace. Sure he shot himself in the foot but the bullet went out of his foot and hit us as well.

XR difficult to replace,

I've heard it all now.

You do realise it is impossible to play without being elevated right?

That is what I am saying. You are quoting the wrong person. The other poster is the one arguing against that fact.

Edit: Though you articulated it in a much better way than me.

We will suffer for it though as our forward line looked much more functional with Xavier there.

If we were relying on Richards well we'd be the ones suffering he was half serviceable on a good day that's about it.

If we were relying on Richards well we'd be the ones suffering he was half serviceable on a good day that's about it.

If he played in the GF we'd have won, but then again he's no Sam Reid

We will not suffer for it, Xavier was a passable fill in player and nothing more. Dawson or Hayward or Cameron or Mai bum or Reid will all do as decent a job as a third tall.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back