2017 AFLW Grand Final - Brisbane Lions v Adelaide Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Phillips was both the difference IMO, but also gets that gift wrapped ride from the umpires that so many talented players do in our game.

If you get the footy first you tend to get more frees. Pretty simple.

Don't like booing the umps. What are we; Richmond or Collingwood supporters?

We were not very clean with the ball which hurt. All those fumbles just meant we couldn't get it to our runners or open up the game as often as we would have liked.

Well that's really disappointing but still really enjoyed the first season of AFLW.

Would have been happy to see us potentially level it up (with a free kick that was there) and steal the win in overtime. Can't really say Crows weren't the better team though.

Need a gun mid. We were demolished in the midfield .

Also, what is the AFLW Brownlow equivalent? I'd imagine Phillips has that sewn up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So disapointed for the girls. They were simply outplayed today and i think our lack of midfield polish showed. Still, we were minor premiers and defeated grand finalists in the inaugral year. Much more than many gave us credit for. Thanks girls, you have made early 2017 a pleasure after some tough years.

It was definately our worst game of the season.....sad, but overall very proud of what the girls achieved. We had a lot of fun cheering them on along the way.

..can't help it but have to say another up yours to the lawn mower of the Gabba.

A big congrats to the Suns and all who put todays game together.....worked out well in the end, the crowd was awesome.....and a big congrats to our fans who made the journey down to cheer on the girls..

...but it just wasn't our day...

Need the momentum of this women's comp to get us some facilities. What was the crowd today?
15K. Considering the best we've ever gotten for a Qclash at Metricon was 16K it really does make you wonder just how special a Gabba grand final would have been. A real bloody shame that.

15k-ish from memory.
Last I heard was just over 16k.

I'll say it again it was a great crowd. Disappointing as it was that kmj shafted us off the gabba ( and that probably cost us another 5-10 k) I think metricon played like a home final and the GC fans really got behind the girls.

I have loved this Comp.

On HTC 2PS6200 using BigFooty.com mobile app

So disapointed for the girls. They were simply outplayed today and i think our lack of midfield polish showed. Still, we were minor premiers and defeated grand finalists in the inaugral year. Much more than many gave us credit for. Thanks girls, you have made early 2017 a pleasure after some tough years.

yeah we just lack an inside mid game breaker or 2. Our defence did a great job to stop a blow out in the first half. I thought our use of talls was pretty average with them not being in the game and sitting way too deep at times when we couldn't move the ball past the wing

Erin Phillips is just phenomenal. Gets clean ball in the middle is a great kick and then she is a handful when she rests forward. Our workman like midfield just didn't have enough today and we couldn't get clean ball to our outside runners or our defensive set up right for our usual rebound. Inconsistent umpiring didn't help and we definitely didn't get a home umpiring advantage which is just what we should be used to as a club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back