Game Day 2017 Fixture released next Thursday..

Remove this Banner Ad

Wouldn't surprise me if we play a Friday Night game vs Melbourne at the MCG. We seem to be the two up and coming Vic teams. Also, wouldn't be surprised if we get more FTA games, the 'general footy public'(whomever they are) seems to find our game style to be fast and entertaining.

Wouldn't surprise me if we play a Friday Night game vs Melbourne at the MCG. We seem to be the two up and coming Vic teams. Also, wouldn't be surprised if we get more FTA games, the 'general footy public'(whomever they are) seems to find our game style to be fast and entertaining.
Doubts on that.
That game would probably struggle to attract big enough crowd

I'm happy to watch the saints whenever personally just want a good commercial draw for the team this year. If we get an easier draw again, then so be it, but I think it would be good for our development to get something more challenging.

Given we've moved up on the ladder then that should be alright.

If the afl has given good Friday to North and dogs, we are now far far behind in access to marquee spots so I hope the draw in a commercial sense is balanced up in other ways.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

No leaks as to Saints games as yet, with the exception of Caro reporting that North and the Dogs have scored Good Friday...

Mark that down to us being the victim of a Dogs flag I reckon. Another pitch we've made that falls on deaf ears :(

We made the pitch together with the Bulldogs so that is interesting. North have been pitching for Froday night games forever supposedly.
I think a Saints / Bulldogs game would be far more entertaining and crowd- drawing but so be it.

Caroline Wilson did say it wasn't the same two teams guaranteed every year, but we'll see.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Give us 2 games against Hawthorn where they are returning from interstate off a short break , and I won't bitch about St.Kilda getting screwed over in the draw (annual event)

Good chance we will play them twice as we are in the same third of the draw this season.

No leaks as to Saints games as yet, with the exception of Caro reporting that North and the Dogs have scored Good Friday...

Mark that down to us being the victim of a Dogs flag I reckon. Another pitch we've made that falls on deaf ears :(
I personally think that dogs vs saints for the Good Friday game makes more sense than dogs vs roos for the following reasons:
1) Both have lists with similar age profiles (emerging young groups also with a couple of high performing 30+ year olds)
2) Last two years have produced split number of wins, 2015 producing our greatest comeback
3) Dogs are red hot after drought breaking premiership, while we are on the cusp of finals, so should be at a similar competitive level of the next couple of years.
4) Roos have acknowledged that they are heading towards a rebuild of sorts by forcing out the veterans, with Harvey still being one of their best performers. Therefore lopsided match up with one side reigning premiers and still in their window while the other heading towards the other end of the ladder for the next couple of years
5) Only fitting the biblical connection with Jesus and saints :)

Used to the saints getting shafted in these types of scenarios so logic will most likely go out the window.

On another note, just hoping that we can get a home Friday night game, balanced run at the start of the season with a mixture of games against top and bottom sides as good start to the season is great for carrying momentum, as well as fewer Sunday twilight games against low drawing opposition.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...k=3ef643f4489bec1f4a0c07b56725dad1-1477135646

ROUND 1, 2017

Thursday, March 23

Carlton v Richmond, MCG

Friday, March 24

Collingwood v Western Bulldogs, MCG

Saturday, March 25

Sydney v Port Adelaide, SCG

North Melbourne v West Coast, Etihad Stadium

Gold Coast v Brisbane, Metricon Stadium

Essendon v Hawthorn, MCG

Sunday, March 26

Adelaide v GWS Giants, Adelaide Oval

St Kilda v Melbourne, Etihad Stadium

Fremantle v Geelong, Subiaco

So with the Hawks finishing in 5th they qualify for the hardest part of the draw.

They will have to play at least 2 (maybe 3 of) of bulldogs, swans, gws, geelong and Adelaide twice next year.

They will also only get to double up on a maximum of one team from the bottom six (methendon, Bris, Freo, GC, Carlton and richmond) here's hoping they draw Freo or next best methendon who could both improve significantly.

With a bit of luck, the draw may do us some favours in helping to push the Hawks down

Last edited:
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...k=3ef643f4489bec1f4a0c07b56725dad1-1477135646

ROUND 1, 2017

Thursday, March 23

Carlton v Richmond, MCG

Friday, March 24

Collingwood v Western Bulldogs, MCG

Saturday, March 25

Sydney v Port Adelaide, SCG

North Melbourne v West Coast, Etihad Stadium

Gold Coast v Brisbane, Metricon Stadium

Essendon v Hawthorn, MCG

Sunday, March 26

Adelaide v GWS Giants, Adelaide Oval

St Kilda v Melbourne, Etihad Stadium

Fremantle v Geelong, Subiaco
Wow what a surprise! A Sunday arvo game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back