2017 Membership - The March Towards 50k!

Remove this Banner Ad

1st time you got reserved seats? Haven't got a call yet

Yeah I've always (and still) have access to seats on level 2 but I'd been increasingly donating money to worthy causes with my membership (backyard, women's, debt) for years and it crept up well over the price of a reserved seat, so I decided to have my own seat and make a contribution to the ladies too.

Re: the "call" check your email for dates to reserve seats online. Unless you're talking about a waitlist? Because all seats are done online at different dates depending on membership type. Should also be info in the members online portal.

Good on you Woof. So that's around Level 1 Aisle 16 at Etihad.

Yep! Was worried I'd be across the ground where the bulk of reserved seats are, but was lucky enough to get one towards the back, right in front of social club. As someone very happy to stand, a seat towards the back is no concern. Say what you will about Etihad but there is barely a bad vantage point.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah I've always (and still) have access to seats on level 2 but I'd been increasingly donating money to worthy causes with my membership (backyard, women's, debt) for years and it crept up well over the price of a reserved seat, so I decided to have my own seat and make a contribution to the ladies too.

Re: the "call" check your email for dates to reserve seats online. Unless you're talking about a waitlist? Because all seats are done online at different dates depending on membership type. Should also be info in the members online portal.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Cheers, don't have option to select seats yet. Not sure when date is, hopefully won't be too much longer. Have bronze reserved.

Might call them on Friday and see what the go is

I wish we played more MCG games. It just feels right. I like Etihad. But I love the G.

True, it was good fun when we hosted Adelaide, West Coast and North during the 05/06 years along with the usuals now played at the G.

I know we won the flag but It's still our usual pattern. I will not pass judgement untill a bit of the season. The result of a flag still will be felt in next year's and onwards particular when still contending.

We won't immediately have 55k members. Adding 5k members this year after adding so many last year would be great.

The goal should be to stay in the top 4-6 for the next 3-4 years and get up to that 50k+ mark, or stay 5% ahead of the best of the Roos, Dees and Saints.

Even if we don't significantly increase our membership total year on year it's a big win if existing members upgrade to Social Club, reserved seats and coteries.

18 months ago we broke our membership record with some 36,000 members. We're basically at 33,000 already and we're over a month away from season start.

Relax guys. These are good numbers and we're tracking well. We shouldn't care what other clubs get numbers wise. As long as we get reasonable crowds to our games, create a good atmosphere while chewing into our debt, we're peachy.

It's worth posting again.

We have and will continue to have a plethora of armchair fans. Fans who come along for the ride when we are winning games and enjoying success, but those same fans won't dig into their pockets to purchase memberships to support the club. It's unfortunate, but that's the way it is. Of all the Victorian clubs, I believe the Bulldogs rank number one in terms of fans divided by members (I.E. a very high ratio of fans compared to members).

When we aren't winning games, those same fans suddenly aren't fans, or will say, "I sort of follow the Bulldogs".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Historically, we've had a few more late membership buyers relative to other clubs. I'm not worried.

You know what else I'm not worried about? We have a prime-time Round 1 game against Collingwood. My guess is 1.5 million people will be watching it. There'll be plenty of casual Dogs supporters who are spurred into buying a membership because the broadcast will refer to us as the "defending premiers" a million times and it'll make people want to buy memberships.

We all like to think that footy fans are passionate and stick with the team through thick and thin, but for the casual who footy is well down in the list of priorities, it might be the mixture of premiership success and prime-time TV that will make them join.

I reckon a few members wait to make the decision after watching the first few games aswell.

Seems extremely silly after winning a premiership but in the past if we've had a promising start the numbers have gone up fairly quickly.

Apologies if this has been covered on an earlier page, but does anybody know why we are not getting membership number updates on the website? Apart from Collingwood (which doesn't need to bother about numbers of members signing), we are the only Melbourne club with no such info.

Historically, we've had a few more late membership buyers relative to other clubs. I'm not worried.

You know what else I'm not worried about? We have a prime-time Round 1 game against Collingwood. My guess is 1.5 million people will be watching it. There'll be plenty of casual Dogs supporters who are spurred into buying a membership because the broadcast will refer to us as the "defending premiers" a million times and it'll make people want to buy memberships.

We all like to think that footy fans are passionate and stick with the team through thick and thin, but for the casual who footy is well down in the list of priorities, it might be the mixture of premiership success and prime-time TV that will make them join.

...and then there's that enigmatic character who's as passionate as they come, goes to training at least once a week and to every Victorian game (at retail price), reads our publicity/articles avidly and has caps, beanies and pics etc, but will not buy a membership under any circumstances. Never has and never will.

I know a couple of people like this. Really frustrates me, as I've explained all the reasons why membership is vital to the club's future and beneficial to them as well. Falls on deaf ears every time.

Anyone else know someone like this?

...and then there's that enigmatic character who's as passionate as they come, goes to training at least once a week and to every Victorian game (at retail price), reads our publicity/articles avidly and has caps, beanies and pics etc, but will not buy a membership under any circumstances. Never has and never will.

I know a couple of people like this. Really frustrates me, as I've explained all the reasons why membership is vital to the club's future and beneficial to them as well. Falls on deaf ears every time.

Anyone else know someone like this?
What is their argument against it?

What is their argument against it?

Unbeatable logic.

When numbers are low, "...well, mine won't help much".

When numbers are high, like last year, "...they're going alright. They don't need mine".
Same guy goes to every Victorian home game and pays walk up price. :huh:

Another one actually thinks it's some kind of fraud: "They're not getting any of mine...", he says angrily, as if he's being ripped off by the club.

Same bloke also said, "...but if they get into the GF, might you be able to get me a couple of tickets?'.

I kid you not.

Unbeatable logic.

When numbers are low, "...well, mine won't help much".

When numbers are high, like last year, "...they're going alright. They don't need mine".

One guy actually thinks it's some kind of fraud: "They're not getting any of mine...", he says angrily, as if he's being ripped off by the club.

Same bloke also said, "...but if they get into the GF, might you be able to get me a couple of tickets?'.

I kid you not.
Absurd. Just an excuse to be a cheap bastard.

Absurd. Just an excuse to be a cheap bastard.

Yes - in both cases.

The first one spends at least double the cost of membership each year, but sees the lump sum (he's a concession card holder, but actually well off)of membership as too high. When I suggested the Bulldog for Life option, "I don't have a credit card". Being a scrooge actually costs him money!

The other one is a multi-millionaire...

I gave up on both of them years ago, but if they ever criticise the club or the players, I suggest to them that non members don't have the right to criticise.

Got to maintain my sanity somehow...

Yes - in both cases.

The first one spends at least double the cost of membership each year, but sees the lump sum (he's a concession card holder, but actually well off)of membership as too high. When I suggested the Bulldog for Life option, "I don't have a credit card". Being a scrooge actually costs him money!

The other one is a multi-millionaire...

I gave up on both of them years ago, but if they ever criticise the club or the players, I suggest to them that non members don't have the right to criticise.

Got to maintain my sanity somehow...
That is my attitude Dimma. Membership has its privileges.

It's worth posting again.

We have and will continue to have a plethora of armchair fans. Fans who come along for the ride when we are winning games and enjoying success, but those same fans won't dig into their pockets to purchase memberships to support the club. It's unfortunate, but that's the way it is. Of all the Victorian clubs, I believe the Bulldogs rank number one in terms of fans divided by members (I.E. a very high ratio of fans compared to members).

When we aren't winning games, those same fans suddenly aren't fans, or will say, "I sort of follow the Bulldogs".
I'd say clubs like Collingwood, Carlton and Essendon have way more of these.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back