Preview 2018 Goodbye (To 2019) New; Preseason Discussion

What will happen between now and Round 1?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Training return: The first-to-fourth-year players start pre-season training on Monday, November 5, with the rest of the squad returning on Monday, November 19.

Injury list: Midfielder Tom Rockliff (shoulder) and key forward Charlie Dixon (fractured leg) will have delayed start to their pre-seasons. Rockliff will be running, but won't return to contact work until the New Year. He's hopeful of being available for the Power's first JLT Series game. Dixon will be sidelined until after Christmas. Half-back flanker Hamish Hartlett is continuing to build his training loads after tearing the ACL in his right knee in April, as is ruckman Sam Hayes, who tore his ACL in June. All Australian forward Robbie Gray has recovered after a clean out of his right knee at the end of the season. Tom Clurey (foot), Todd Marshall (foot), Matthew Broadbent (foot), Joel Garner (shoulder) and Willem Drew (heel) are expected to be ready for the start of pre-season after their surgeries.

Draft picks: 5, 10, 15, 85

Major off-field moves: The Power have welcomed back 2004 premiership winners Jarrad Schofield, Brett Montgomery and Dean Brogan in assistant coaching roles. Schofield – after guiding Subiaco to three straight WAFL premierships – is the Power's midfield coach. Montgomery will look after the forwards. Michael Voss moves to a senior assistant coaching role, filling the void left by Matthew Nicks' move to Greater Western Sydney. Montgomery replaces Brendon Lade, who has joined St Kilda. Brogan will be the Power's ruck coach. Head of development Aaron Greaves has left the Power and joined North Melbourne.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-11-03/wheres-your-club-at-training-return-injuries-major-moves

I'm reasonably confident that 2019 will just be more of the same under Hinkley where we end up with about 12 wins give or take about 2.

So if we have a "good" year and snag a couple of close games we'll finish as high as 14 wins and if we drop those game we'll finish on about 10...so anywhere from about 5th to 14th.

So I think there's "hope" of a Bulldogs or Demons style run at the finals but that's about the best I think we can get.

I still can't figure out the thread title and I've read some clunky stuff in my time.

thatsthejoke.png

The good news is once these premiership players have their coaching careers destroyed for good, we will have no other Port premiership players to appoint and we will have to look elsewhere.

Inb4 we just appoint ex players who aren't premiership players.

The good news is once these premiership players have their coaching careers destroyed for good, we will have no other Port premiership players to appoint and we will have to look elsewhere.

Inb4 non-2004 119ers like Pettigrew and Symes jump on the carousel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Training return: The first-to-fourth-year players start pre-season training on Monday, November 5, with the rest of the squad returning on Monday, November 19.

Injury list: Midfielder Tom Rockliff (shoulder) and key forward Charlie Dixon (fractured leg) will have delayed start to their pre-seasons. Rockliff will be running, but won't return to contact work until the New Year. He's hopeful of being available for the Power's first JLT Series game. Dixon will be sidelined until after Christmas. Half-back flanker Hamish Hartlett is continuing to build his training loads after tearing the ACL in his right knee in April, as is ruckman Sam Hayes, who tore his ACL in June. All Australian forward Robbie Gray has recovered after a clean out of his right knee at the end of the season. Tom Clurey (foot), Todd Marshall (foot), Matthew Broadbent (foot), Joel Garner (shoulder) and Willem Drew (heel) are expected to be ready for the start of pre-season after their surgeries.

Draft picks: 5, 10, 15, 85

Major off-field moves: The Power have welcomed back 2004 premiership winners Jarrad Schofield, Brett Montgomery and Dean Brogan in assistant coaching roles. Schofield – after guiding Subiaco to three straight WAFL premierships – is the Power's midfield coach. Montgomery will look after the forwards. Michael Voss moves to a senior assistant coaching role, filling the void left by Matthew Nicks' move to Greater Western Sydney. Montgomery replaces Brendon Lade, who has joined St Kilda. Brogan will be the Power's ruck coach. Head of development Aaron Greaves has left the Power and joined North Melbourne.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-11-03/wheres-your-club-at-training-return-injuries-major-moves

I asked the question elsewhere but it was deleted for ... reasons. I thought Monty was getting the backs and Bassett moved to forwards? Any official word on who gets a get and where?

Please welcome our new forwards coach, Jake Neade

Is this Koch or KT's plan to get rid of the players who ****** up against WCE in that 2017 EF.

Impey ****** up all night - gone. Pittard had 3 chances to kill that ball from the kick by Jetta into their forward line but soft efforts - gone. Wingard 2 dumb kicks with a minute and a half to go when could have killed the game - gone. Polec tackles Shuey - gone.

Now we need Ebert and his stupid and unnecessary free to Shuey before the throw in when McGovern kills the ball over the line from the 2nd dumb kick by Chad to go. I guess we might win a flag when all those who made dumb errors that night are gone.
Charlie is still here...

Back