2019 4th Ashes Test 2019 Old Trafford

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What an epic weekend. Surrounded by Pom's watching in a pub on Saturday was great fun, especially when the limit of their dense banter was "sandpaper". For all Smith's heroics this series, I think my favourite innings of his was his smallest in runs - playing backyard cricket shots for an hour and the only chance he gave would have required a ridiculous catch from Stokes off a reverse sweep.

Only got to see the highlights on Sunday when I got home but was keeping an eye on the score through the day. Got way too tight at the end, but we got over the line.

The pom's have been unbearable this summer. The amount of sour grapes this morning amongst my Pommy mates has been beautiful. From public figures, there are none better than old mate Steve Harmison.

What great redemption after Headingley. Tim Paine's captaincy at the death here looked much better, and the balls required to throw it to a part timer was something else. Marnus has been the find of the tour and could possibly be the answer to our all rounder question.

70089176_10156743840074958_360694162426691584_n.jpg

Shirt idea for fans going to 5th Test:

Picture of Harmison on the front, Bucknor on the back signalling a wide

Although, maybe he's actually enjoying being relevant for the first time since 2006?
What's a Steve Harmison?

In all seriousness though, never has one ball in an Ashes series epitomised such a calamitous failure.

Anyone got a link to the footage of the team singing the song in the huddle? One of the news channels showed them singing it- with f'n beeped out, but can't find it online anywhere.. Would love to watch it again. Cheers in advance!

Anyone got a link to the footage of the team singing the song in the huddle? One of the news channels showed them singing it- with f'n beeped out, but can't find it online anywhere.. Would love to watch it again. Cheers in advance!

some good footage on here mate (scroll down a little)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All a lot better then the recent Nine team though. They clearly do their research and have a good understanding of what all the opposition players have to offer. the 9 guys would phone it in and treat the opposition players as nothing but cardboard cut outs we need to get out unless they'd been out here multiple times before.

It's why I find Chappell get's too much hate. Probably the only active ex-player assciated with the 9 who actually know what the other team has been up to and provides good analysis. While not associated with Nine Ponting has been excellent too, far better then Warne.
Warne is horrible

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

some good footage on here mate (scroll down a little)

Legend! Never seen that "second verse. Same as first verse". Perfect!

Edit: attached the video for anyone who wants it

Attachments

• Australia you *ing beauty _HD.mp4
    5.1 MB
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back