Game Day 2019 Brownlow- Us & the rest

Remove this Banner Ad

For me the winner can be found on the corner of I don't care Street and flawed award Boulevard.

The AFLPA MVP is also compromised but is a better indicator of the best player in the league.

AFLPA MVP is even more flawed than the Brownlow as it involves people voting when they don't necessarily watch all the games. They vote for the vibe of best player across the season and not on a game by game basis.

The more credible award is the Coaches' Association award.

Geez it’s a lot of votes for the leaders already. Are the great players of today really that much more consistent than those in the past, or are the umpires just looking for the star players more these days?

The game is so intense, so fast, so congested, the umpires are just about the worst ones to pick. Theyre battling to officiate the game, not worrying about who's making an impact. Just go with a star who went alright and no one would argue. The whole event is totally outdated and needing an overhaul.

Geez Cunners is under appreciated by the umpires

Yeah, and Cripps has 18 votes from 1 winning game so far.

Think about that for a minute.

I have no idea.

Similarly I have no idea what Higgins did to receive 10 votes before the bye in what was a mediocre season collecting stats with little impact.

No wonder Cunnington is stapling a possum to his head, the umpires genuinely cannot see him.

Lets not completely rewrite history. He might not have been making the most of the ball he was getting early in the season, but good lord he was getting a lot of it. Plus the Brownlow is literally one of the least objective awards around.

I am waiting to see if he gets votes for a game Carlton aren't even playing in lol. Said it since mid nineties this competition is unfortunately comprimised in many areas , money talks and you know what walks .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back