List Mgmt. 2019 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just do not want Flanders. Don't like to be hard on untried kids but I rate him less than I did Rowbottom last year (who went at 25) and Worpel the year before (who went at 45). To then use our pick 5 on him.. wowee
I understand that you don't rate him but he really improved late in the season and recruiters seem to take a lot of notice of that. Similar to how florent shot up draft boards late in the season.

Expecting the live trade picks to really go to another level this year. So many machinations.
Wonder if Stewart Due would be interested in swapping GC pick 20 for our 25 and Swans add in pick 44. Their future 4th round could make up the points and be handy for Swans next year. That would give us picks 5, 20, 32. Don’t seeing swans using more than 3 this year.
GC would gain a pick in the 40s And drop back from 20 to 25. Presently their next is 78.

One of their posters in another thread was saying they don’t even have a list spot for pick 20. Multiple picks are worthless to them

I understand that you don't rate him but he really improved late in the season and recruiters seem to take a lot of notice of that. Similar to how florent shot up draft boards late in the season.

Just don't think he's got any attributes other than an ability to win the ball that make him worthy of a top five pick. If we want someone who can purely rack the possessions up, take the toughest kid available with our pick 44, similar territory to where JPK and Parker went.

Point is we as a club have a proven history at finding guys exactly like Flanders at lower levels of the draft. Hard and tough guys who hunt the footy are a dime a dozen. Players who are clean and smart with the footy are a lot more rare, and usually only found at the top tier of the draft. That's where our pick 5 should be going.

He was such a sweet kick of the footy. Thought he would make something of himself.

Back then I remember in the reserves in his final year he started to play in defence and was taking the kickouts, thought he might have found a home there. Might have been an attitude thing?
It was attitude.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

O'Connor the Irishman has arrived!

Hopefully can get straight into NEAFL footy next year after a pre-season, any addition to our tall defender depth is welcomed!

Looks like he has been spending some time in the gym! Already looks to have the physical size.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A question for our resident Draft Doyens.
Why/what is the reason for next to no mention/talk of Josh D’Intinosante?

His name is too hard to spell.

All jokes aside, I haven't seen enough of him to have a valid opinion, but he's a small forward so he's probably not needed as we have a surplus of smalls. Though I just looked up his numbers and he went at two goals a game this year, which is pretty good for a small forward.

His name is too hard to spell.

All jokes aside, I haven't seen enough of him to have a valid opinion, but he's a small forward so he's probably not needed as we have a surplus of smalls. Though I just looked up his numbers and he went at two goals a game this year, which is pretty good for a small forward.

You can never have 2 many good'uns c88, see richmonds rise.

An injury to Buddy and one of Parker or JPK might do that pretty quick.

But which of : Blakey, Heeney, Rowbottom, Hayward, Florent, Rampe, JPK, Hewett, Parker, Papley, Lloyd, Aliir, Sinkers, Mills, Reid, Dawson, Clarke, COR, McCartin, McInerney, Fox are you calling over rated?

Under them we may suck, but then they're not rated anyway so....

Do we need to add a couple via VFL/WAFL/DLFAs that are going to push for a first team spot?

Geeze Amarty and Pink are still young for bigs. Are we keeping them?
I’ll make this short because it’s like a broken record. Half those players are s**t, Pink & Amartey won’t make it. Ok to have stars but if they’re not consistent, they’re not stars!

Want a startling observation on list?
Sydney>>>BL 2018
BL>>>>Sydney 2019

When he has been he hasn't been up to it. Simple. He looks like an under 16 playing AFL Seniors. Will not make it AFL Level. End of story.
Overly harsh IMO.

I really think both he and McInerney have been foiled by our lack of natural ball users and pace in the mids. We've had plenty of big guys through there: Parker, JPK, Hewett and even Heeney. None of whom are naturals with the ball and getting the team on the move.
The few times they did play I saw them run into space asking for the over the top handball off the mark - or run into space for the short pass and not get it... just get blanked by our senior guys. If our game style continues to evolve this preseason (we started to move the ball a bit better later in the season) both Stoddart and McInerney may start to look better in the first team.

This year will certainly tell us if Stoddart can break into the team though. I'm not writing him off by any means, he'll need to start being more confident in demanding the ball in the preseason IMO. Hope he turns up ready for this to be his year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back