List Mgmt. 2019 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No source, just reading around and piecing it togethe (Twitter, bigfooty, articles, etc)r. Carlton believed to have signed Gray, North's interests have cooled off. Papley appears happy at the club but is dating a girl in Melbourne who doesn't want to leave the city.
Get a better girlfriend in Sydney!

Or she can move to Sydney

That’d be ideal... the fact she hasn’t to this point given he has been on the list for 4 years is perhaps concerning.

(Quick Facebook stalk reveals they’ve been together since before he was drafted)

I’d probably trade Ronke whilst he still holds some value (memory still of his goal kicking heroics last year).

Might come down to if we lose Papley. If he goes I'd hang on to him for sure. His last month has been much better (last night not as much), it seems like something clicked in his head and he's playing more spirited, energised footy. But I'm not altogether against him being offered up if we can get something for him and a club likes him.

And got a job in Melbourne at the start of the year (saw on Facebook).

Meh ... it is good for young people to move jobs and cities as part of their career and personal development.

Papleys desire to move back to Melbourne makes some sense now. Why can't she move to Sydney? Surely the Swans could pull some strings to get her a job? All the Victorian clubs do those sorts of shenanigans.

Papleys desire to move back to Melbourne makes some sense now. Why can't she move to Sydney? Surely the Swans could pull some strings to get her a job? All the Victorian clubs do those sorts of shenanigans.

Because she probably likes Melbourne as a city and all her friends live there? Not weird that someone would want to stay in the city they’re from

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can naver understand why a player would relocate to accommodate a gf. If a players is earning 300k+ a year, surely the he gets final say.

99% of families on average wage would up sticks at the drop of a hat and move anywhere in australia if it meant they could earn 150k....surely a uni student can accommodate their proffessional afl player and move to boring old sydney

I can naver understand why a player would relocate to accommodate a gf. If a players is earning 300k+ a year, surely the he gets final say.

99% of families on average wage would up sticks at the drop of a hat and move anywhere in australia if it meant they could earn 150k....surely a uni student can accommodate their proffessional afl player and move to boring old sydney

When a club will offer him upwards of 500k in Melbourne that argument doesn’t really stack up unfortunately.

Because the AFL player has the luxury of being able to move to almost any state in the country and still earn the same amount of $$ and the student doesn't have to interupt their studies. It sucks but it's the case. The worst part will be when someone like Papley moves for their GF and then they break up a year later.

Yesterday was a perfect example of why I don’t want Clayton Oliver. Gets plenty of the ball but does nothing with it. At no point in the game was I worried about Oliver taking control and hurting us.
He would have hurt us if he had some support though. He can't kick goals, but can extract the ball.
However, I'm with you, not a good fit in our mids, we need someone who can extract (tick), who can hit hard and hold up the opposition mids (nup) and who can hit the scorecard (babahhmmm).

Two best players on the field in the Carlton/St Kilda game right now (from a supercoach standpoint) are Newman and Hannebery.
Neither has been as good as Membrey IMO

because he could move near her and make even more in a cheaper city to live

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back