Prediction 2019 Ladder Predictions + 2020 Ladder early Predictions ( Page 115+ )

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I feel for North. That decision at the end, what a joke. Could have potentially been a game outside the 8 or a game and a half, now they're two games outside with a trip to Perth to face WCE.

Feels like the Lions of 96 for me. Breakout season and went far ( did have a great end in 95 though making finals ) made the Prelims.

Massive game against the Hawks next week in Tassie. A side who they beat there last year, and have won their last 3 against. Going to be interesting as the Hawks will be coming off a bruising game against us and will either be high from a win, or pissed off after a loss.

Hawkers have 2 big scalps already in season 2019. I have a feeling they've got 1 or 2 more up their sleeve.

Feels like the Lions of 96 for me. Breakout season and went far ( did have a great end in 95 though making finals ) made the Prelims.

Massive game against the Hawks next week in Tassie. A side who they beat there last year, and have won their last 3 against. Going to be interesting as the Hawks will be coming off a bruising game against us and will either be high from a win, or pi**ed off after a loss.

Hawkers have 2 big scalps already in season 2019. I have a feeling they've got 1 or 2 more up their sleeve.
* you hawkers

The Hawkers are a side that could still play a vital part in how the 8 sets.

Geelong
Brisbane in Tassie
North
GWS Spotless
Gold Coast
WCE Optus

Their best is good. Beaten Collingwood and GWS, pushed WCE to the brink and arguably should have won. They might have a big scalp in them left yet.

Dons vs Bullies in 3 weeks is huge. Bullies have some tough games like Adelaide in round 23 where both teams could be fighting for that last position. Dogs travel to Spotless the week before against GWS who haven't been great, have injuries, but on their day can still produce. Doggies travel to the GABBA too in what on paper at least promises to be special. Lions-Roos tonight juicy.

Top 4 for me is

Geelong
Collingwood
WCE
Brisbane

Massive game against the Hawks next week in Tassie. A side who they beat there last year, and have won their last 3 against. Going to be interesting as the Hawks will be coming off a bruising game against us and will either be high from a win, or pi**ed off after a loss.

You predicted it, good scalp against your mob lol. Top spot still not secure.

Meanwhile we're playing rubbish in Alice and could slip out of the top 4...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ladder Prediction
1. Geelong Cats - 17
2. West Coast Eagles - 16
3. Richmond - 16
4. GWS Giants - 15
5. Brisbane Lions - 15
6. Collingwood - 14
7. Essendon - 13
8. Adelaide Crows - 12

Thursday, September 5
2nd Elimination Final
Collingwood v Essendon - MCG (7.20pm est)

Friday, September 6
2nd Qualifying Final
West Coast Eagles v Richmond - Optus Stadium (6.10pm wst)

Saturday, September 7
1st Qualifying Final
Geelong Cats v GWS Giants - MCG (3.20pm est)

1st Elimination Final
Brisbane Lions v Adelaide Crows - Gabba (7.20pm est)

Last edited:
I made a thing to score the accuracy of ladder predictions:

https://squiggle.com.au/rate-my-ladder/

For example, taking the very first ladder prediction in this thread, and assuming the ladder doesn't change from here...

i normally get every position with 100 % accuracy :/

Which is actually a pretty decent prediction.

Please have a play with it, if you like, and let me know of any bugs! You can do previous years, too.

People's hate for Collingwood blinds them. I'll be the first to admit that they haven't been playing the best at times throughout the season. If you believe that they're going to lose a fair few games and drop out of top 4 however you're kidding yourself.

Plenty more to come from them yet.
You should have taken more notice of what I was saying a month ago macpotata, pies aren’t much chop.

Geelong
WCE
Rich
GWS
Bris
Coll
Ess
North

I'd love it for either North/Dogs to nab that 8th spot

mock ladder^^^

could happen,although very unlikely

Geelong
WCE
Rich
GWS
Bris
Coll
Ess
North

I'd love it for either North/Dogs to nab that 8th spot

mock ladder^^^

could happen,although very unlikely

You had Brisbane 4th, we then knocked off 'in-form' teams in North and Hawks... and we've slipped to 5th? Curious as to what you're basing your predictions on - ladder predictor, gut feel..?

At a guess I'm thinking it might be GWS winning a couple. Though I think they're suddenly being vastly over-rated. Since the bye:
  • Scraped over the line V Port
  • Smashed Collingwood (who have been ordinary)
  • Smashed by Tigers
  • Well-beaten by Lions
  • Lost to Dons
On current form I'd be surprised if they got over all 3 of Sydney/Hawks/Dogs in the run home. Much like Collingwood, I think injuries have brought them undone.

FD548554-118E-486C-956A-9BA10ABE0AB1.jpeg
This predictor is based on lions losing their last 2 against cats and tigers. However if they beat the cats they’d finish 2nd or 3rd while tigers would finish 4th and play cats which would be preferable to traveling to Perth first up. Big elimination final on the cards pies v bombers while I have dogs just scrapping into 8th position. This would be a huge final series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back