Teams 2019 Rate My Pre-Season Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would really appreciate some advise as I probably have far too many mid priced players

Thanks in advance
View attachment 634927
I like it a lot, with two exceptions.
1. Harris Andrews. Uncertainty around his role. They were keen to play him forward this year. If that eventuates it will kill his scoring.
2. Ditto Stefan Martin. Might not be first choice ruck anymore.

Or you could put danger forward and get a better player in the midfield. The 500k mids are way better than the forwards
That's true, but the top forwards apart from Danger are all priced around that 500k mark, and they would likely be a keeper or top 6 forward. Compared to a 500k mid which might average similarly but not be good enough to be a keeper in the midfield and most likely not a top 10 mid.

Cool thanks for the help, will change a few things up :). I had crouch in my original team but upgraded him in one of my million changes. Also had massive troubles with the ruck third spot (Clarke). I'll re adjust a few things, rookies and lower priced players are hard! Good luck to you as well :).
rucks really are a head * once again FFS

Screenshot_20190314-184045_SuperCoach.jpg
Screenshot_20190314-184105_SuperCoach.jpg
First time playing in six years so easy going folks. Confident in having coverage in defence and midfield, good spread of CCs around.

Issue is I (and I'm probably not alone) have no confidence in any of the popular rookies/CC forwards getting job security.

Not 100% locked in as of yet, still tossing up between Butters and Duursma but feel ZB is probably more match ready off amateur JLT scouting. (could be wrong).

Strongly considered Daniher (vs Moore) as an up and about Essendon would have him getting involved.

LDU in off the basis he'll get some game time this year, bar injury will play a minimum of 10-11 games.

Sydney and Geelong having bye weekends at the same time will be a pain, but feel there's enough time to maneuver around it.

Every year, it feels like we are all converging our teams
Without doing any stats, I think I can name ~20 players that most teams would have :eek:
If you want to go and make a team full of under 10% ownership, be my guest :)

Let me know how it goes

Without doing any stats, I think I can name ~20 players that most teams would have :eek:

I tried this pre-season to stay away from the supercoach boards so as not to be influenced.

But I just can't quit you people...

View attachment 635008
View attachment 635009
First time playing in six years so easy going folks. Confident in having coverage in defence and midfield, good spread of CCs around.

Issue is I (and I'm probably not alone) have no confidence in any of the popular rookies/CC forwards getting job security.

Not 100% locked in as of yet, still tossing up between Butters and Duursma but feel ZB is probably more match ready off amateur JLT scouting. (could be wrong).

Strongly considered Daniher (vs Moore) as an up and about Essendon would have him getting involved.

LDU in off the basis he'll get some game time this year, bar injury will play a minimum of 10-11 games.

Sydney and Geelong having bye weekends at the same time will be a pain, but feel there's enough time to maneuver around it.
Downgrade rozee to duursma and Moore/LDU to Drew and then upgrade somewhere

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everyone is gonna have similar sides with a couple of PODS
Yeah, I remember last year in the BigFooty leagues there were only a few uniques in the H2H match-ups.
I'm going against the grain and trying to stay away from having a too mid-pricey team which what seems like the movement this year, hoping this works as a POD and puts me ahead of others.

F@rk I think I am losing the plot campaigners. :moustache:

Nah I lost the plot years ago on here. LOL! :think:

Seriously though I am mentally ill due to this game. :$

I have changed my team for the millionth time and using these unlimited trades which feels like xmas everyday. :D

This is my most adventurous team yet but it's mid price madness based and has no Macrae, Cripps and Grundy.

But I really think this midfield could still be pretty competitive.

What's everyone else think?

team.JPG

Yeah, I remember last year in the BigFooty leagues there were only a few uniques in the H2H match-ups.
I'm going against the grain and trying to stay away from having a too mid-pricey team which what seems like the movement this year, hoping this works as a POD and puts me ahead of others.
Go unique and get it wrong...you are ****ed and will consistently be pushing s**t uphill

I have changed my team for the millionth time and using these unlimited trades which feels like xmas everyday. :D

This is my most adventurous team yet but it's mid price madness based and has no Macrae, Cripps and Grundy.

View attachment 635072

How much have you had to drink 🥃

Everyone is gonna have similar sides with a couple of PODS
This is what happens every year though.

There's only so many viable SC players and if you look at the top ranking players on SC during the season, they also have similar sides to those posted on here.

Yeah true

Would really appreciate some advise as I probably have far too many mid priced players

Thanks in advance
View attachment 634927
Looks good, only thing I would say is perhaps you have gone too thin in the forward line but heavy in defence, you could potentially downgraded Andrews to a rookie since there is talk of him getting put forward when Adams comes into the team and upgrade maybe balta to someone like billings if he didn’t burn your genitals off last year, Martin had little to no pre season and could have Archie smith rucking beside him this year, I would look at trading him to goldstein if you don’t have the money for Grundy

It makes sense that post JLT everyone teams converge because about 60% of picks get reasonably obvious.

Without this forum I would still be starting at Dangerfield, Heeney, 1 or both of Gawn/Grundy, Cripps, Williams, Drew, Setterfield, Walsh, Constable, Parker, Atkins, Burgess, Butters, Duursma maybe a couple of other rookies. These aren't selections anyone is clever for making, they are all pretty standout picks.

And then obviously most will pick 1 or 2 of Macrae, Fyfe, Oliver, Neale - why wouldn't you stack your side with these guys?

The biggest differences are going to be D1-D2, F3-F4 and the M5/M6 spots.

It makes sense that post JLT everyone teams converge because about 60% of picks get reasonably obvious.

Without this forum I would still be starting at Dangerfield, Heeney, 1 or both of Gawn/Grundy, Cripps, Williams, Drew, Setterfield, Walsh, Constable, Parker, Atkins, Burgess, Butters, Duursma maybe a couple of other rookies. These aren't selections anyone is clever for making, they are all pretty standout picks.

And then obviously most will pick 1 or 2 of Macrae, Fyfe, Oliver, Neale - why wouldn't you stack your side with these guys?

The biggest differences are going to be D1-D2, F3-F4 and the M5/M6 spots.
Exhibit A
How many is that already?

View attachment 635072
My only concern is how many keepers do you have there? You'll need to borrow trades even earlier than usual!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back