List Mgmt. 2020 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have but people want Hewett/Mills/Rowbottom/Heeney etc in there with Kennedy/Parker and we then look to get 3 more in there...

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I want Hewett, Rowbottom and Florent in there with only Kennedy in there, and Kennedy as a supporting act, rather than the main man. That is the way forward for us. Then with McInerney, Stephens and Campbell around them.

I want Hewett, Rowbottom and Florent in there with only Kennedy in there, and Kennedy as a supporting act, rather than the main man. That is the way forward for us. Then with McInerney, Stephens and Campbell around them.

I have a feeling Campbell will turn into a half forward and Gulden into a small forward, hence why we need a pure midfielder with pick 2 this year.

I have a feeling Campbell will turn into a half forward and Gulden into a small forward, hence why we need a pure midfielder with pick 2 this year.

Not necessarily. This idea that we need half a dozen guys who can go in and win the footy is not accurate IMO. We need guys who can win it and be smart enough to get it to the outside types - the Campbells, the Stephens, the McInerneys. I see this in Rowbottom, and maybe Florent and Hewett if they get out from under Kennedy and Parker's tutelage soon enough.

But the more of those outside weapons we have, the more dangerous we will be. We'll start seeing better quality clearances and better quality forward 50 entries.

If Will Phillips is anything like Erin Phillips (only surname related) we'll have a gun lol.

I would think Phillips, I have watched him since u14s, he can play inside and outside and has the best-developed footy brain of the draft class.However I am concerned about the year off footy Victorians look like having. I think that hurts the Vic boys and would look to the best mid in the wafl or sanfl

To say Phillips had a similar effect Rowell, is this reporters waxing lyrical, or is there merit to this?

To say Phillips had a similar effect Rowell, is this reporters waxing lyrical, or is there merit to this?
In my view he is a little off Rowell class. He does not move as well as Rowell and lacks a bit of the polish you see with Rowell. He is better than Walsh though.

I want a midfielder but Grainger-Barras is rated pretty highly. Must be a pretty unique talent for a defender to be pumped up as a number 1 draft pick

He is rated highly because he does the things pundits love. Intercept marking machine. But it's an easy trap to fall into to think an intercepting defender automatically makes him a great defender.

There's some merit IMO. As kickthething said, he's not as classy as Rowell. But in terms of winning big contests and changing the game, he's every bit as good as Rowell.

Not much to go on for the draft but for anyone who is bored or in lockdown, here is the link to the AFL futures game from last year where Campbell was named BOG. I personally thought Phillips was stiff. He’d be my pick at this
stage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I want a midfielder but Grainger-Barras is rated pretty highly. Must be a pretty unique talent for a defender to be pumped up as a number 1 draft pick

Always a bit weary of intercept defenders at u18 level. Need more of a CHB type than interceptor.

Asides. Best available at pick 2. Hollands/phillips. Always good to have more midfield class

Don’t need a lever type
Yeah when he was good Aliir was pretty ideal at this, so is Rampe and Gould (assuming he develops properly). What we need is a pure FB. Moore would be the dream but I don't see why he'd leave Collingwood for us as sad as it sounds. Otherwise, may have to hit the draft and hope Melican can recover his confidence rapidly.

Yeah when he was good Aliir was pretty ideal at this, so is Rampe and Gould (assuming he develops properly). What we need is a pure FB. Moore would be the dream but I don't see why he'd leave Collingwood for us as sad as it sounds. Otherwise, may have to hit the draft and hope Melican can recover his confidence rapidly.

Hope Maibaum comes good. Was good as a pure stopper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back