List Mgmt. 2020 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How the Blue's land Papely with the Eagles involved!!

At the Eagles the most likely players to look for a trade are Brander and Petrucelle.

A player like Fisher would interest the Eagles.

Blue's give up Zac Fisher plus their 1st pick 9/10. Get Papely.

Swans lose Papely gain pick 9/10 and Brander. Swans need a tall ready to go and Brander is ready to go. Stuck behind Kennedy, Darling, Allen, McGovern and Barrass.

Petrucelle to Blues for their 2020 2nd to even the deal?

Posted this in the Draft / Trade board and got a few likes.

Thoughts?
So the swans get pick 9/10 and the eagles' 5th best KPP?

If the swans want a quick cheap fix for a key forward they may aswell go get Ben brown. At a minimum he’s going give you 40+ a year.

Personally I don’t want him but it’s the smart choice. Little to no long term injuries. The most consistent key forward of the past 4 years and dirt cheap by all reports.

He's contracted in 2021 and the Swans 2nd in this compromised draft won't interest the Eagles at all IMO.

You would be getting fisher and carlton would get petr and our second rounder ... in your scenario.

either way, Papley is worth more than pick 9/10 and Brander.

You never know with our club, but I would want significantly better offer than that to even consider trading Papley.

So the swans get pick 9/10 and the eagles' 5th best KPP?

Remember your Josh Kennedy. He was the Hawks 7th best mid and couldn't get a look in during the years the Hawks were winning flags.

Brander is 20 and at his stage of development there is no shame in being kept out of the side behind Kennedy, Darling, McGovern and Barrass.

You want to trade in quality kids you look at the kids at a clubs contending who can't get a game due to the quality already there.

Remember your Josh Kennedy. He was the Hawks 7th best mid and couldn't get a look in during the years the Hawks were winning flags.

Brander is 20 and at his stage of development there is no shame in being kept out of the side behind Kennedy, Darling, McGovern and Barrass.

You want to trade in quality kids you look at the kids at a clubs contending who can't get a game due to the quality already there.

To a degree but you are saying he’s a CHB or CHF but he hasn’t played there! Seems a bit of a Hail Mary. Has he even played a game for you guys there? If he has it’s hardly been memorable to say the least.

My preference (if he has to be traded) is to get two firsts from Carlton with a second going back to them (basically the replica of the Shiel deal).

Don't get me wrong, I know exactly what you mean. But if we are trading our leading goal-kicker for the past 2 years, who is also in contention for this year's AA as well as the Coleman, then whoever wants to trade for him will have to give us something similar. An unknown quantity in the draft and a kid who may or may not be the next Kennedy isn't going to cut it.

To a degree but you are saying he’s a CHB or CHF but he hasn’t played there! Seems a bit of a Hail Mary. Has he even played a game for you guys there? If he has it’s hardly been memorable to say the least.

My preference (if he has to be traded) is to get two firsts from Carlton with a second going back to them (basically the replica of the Shiel deal).

Unfortunately no Brander has not played CHB or CHF at the Eagles which are his U18 preferred positions. He was being used in Masten's old role as a defensive wingman and another exit target from defense, one reason for his 10 to 15 possession games.

Remember the Swans have access to a academy kid touted as top 5 to 10 which will use a pick and there are a lot of high ranking kids also tied to club's. A 2021 1st with a 2021 2nd going back would be preferable.

But do the Swans stock pile picks for next year or do they look for a player who can play straight away. In the AFL NSW market history suggests long rebuilds are not favoured and the Swans prefer to top up to stay competitive.

I feel the Swans will have a 'bet each day's if Papely leaves. Use a pick and grab a long term 'money ball' player.

You would be getting fisher and carlton would get petr and our second rounder ... in your scenario.

either way, Papley is worth more than pick 9/10 and Brander.

You never know with our club, but I would want significantly better offer than that to even consider trading Papley.

Swans 2nd wasn't included anywhere was it?

Another poster mentioned the Swans 2nd.

Papely out.

Pick 9 and Brander in.

Unfortunately no Brander has not played CHB or CHF at the Eagles which are his U18 preferred positions. He was being used in Masten's old role as a defensive wingman and another exit target from defense, one reason for his 10 to 15 possession games.

Remember the Swans have access to a academy kid touted as top 5 to 10 which will use a pick and there are a lot of high ranking kids also tied to club's. A 2021 1st with a 2021 2nd going back would be preferable.

But do the Swans stock pile picks for next year or do they look for a player who can play straight away. In the AFL NSW market history suggests long rebuilds are not favoured and the Swans prefer to top up to stay competitive.

I feel the Swans will have a 'bet each day's if Papely leaves. Use a pick and grab a long term 'money ball' player.

Still a Hail Mary. Basically it’s pick 9 (which we won’t use other than a point matching purpose) for Papley. I’m all for a gamble but I’d say we’d be more after a genuine defender or a forward not one that is a maybe in both positions. I hate these in between players too.

Swans 2nd wasn't included anywhere was it?

Another poster mentioned the Swans 2nd.

Papely out.

Pick 9 and Brander in.

Yeah, easy pass.

But Fisher to wce, brander to sydney, petrucellie and our 2nd to carlton is what I suggested.

I doubt Carlton would be interested in any trade with us that doesn't involve Papley, but it is exactly the same trade for the eagles.

Still a Hail Mary. Basically it’s pick 9 (which we won’t use other than a point matching purpose) for Papley. I’m all for a gamble but I’d say we’d be more after a genuine defender or a forward not one that is a maybe in both positions. I hate these in between players too.

Brander isn't an in between player.

He played CHF CHB as a junior, 195cm and athletic.

Being able to play in more than one position is pretty much a must in the modern game.

Being able to play in more than one position is pretty much a must in the modern game.

If you really thought he was going to be any good, you'd wouldn't be hyping a trade for him that would get you Zac Fisher in return.

Fisher is a nice little player, but hardly someone you would be handing over a promising key position player for.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yet he's not even playing these positions in the reserves basically. It seems an absolute gamble, we are taking a massive throw at the stumps. I understand WCE have had a good side, but there's been games Barass has been out, ditto McGovern, etc, and he still doesn't get a game. That is giving me personally a few red flags.

I'd want more than pick 9 and Brander for one of our top 2-3 players personally. I'd hope we learnt from giving Mitchell away for a packet of chips.

Perryman and Williams would also be way better for our age range.
Cardwell would take us further down into the low 20s.

Williams, 26 next year, could also mentor players like Ling, McInerney, Stoddart, even players like COR could learn a lot.

He would add a lot, not only through his skill, but also his ability to lead on the field.

Perryman is probably a bit young, but would develop with kids further along than someone like caldwell could.
Stoddart and COR might not be with us next year with reduced list sizes

Thanks for that. Had not heard of him previously. Smart players are certainly wanted. If he is good at finding a reasonable amount of the ball I hope we pick him up.
This was my little summary of him before the season started

Marco Rossmann
183cm 79kg
Small Forward/Wingman
DR: 45-Late

Strengths

Skills
Marking
Tackling
Clean hands
Composure

Queries
Production
Versatility

• Rossmann is a classy mover up forward, a difficult matchup for a small defender with his lead up marking. A creative left footer who makes good decisions he will need more of the ball to have a greater impact.

It's 100% a gamble. We took players that were cheap, didn't risk much by picking them up, and telling them to get better. If they got better we win the gamble, if they stay stagnant and we have to drop them we lose the gamble.

Anytime you put a player on your list it's a gamble with different probabilities of bust or not. Buddy was a gamble. What happened if he got an acl game 1.
Josh Kennedy was a gamble, what happened if he never improved from his hawks form.

Buying low and gambling on players is a really good plan, I feel maybe we haven't gotten the players we wanted though.

Imagine if we did get Moore, that would of been a great win, we take a player that is constantly injured and turn him into an AA defender.
Imagine if we got Langdon, that would of been a major loss, getting a guy that hit his peak in the finals only to be in doubt to ever play again.
we thoughtthen that out list was around 46. Next year it will be reduced. Maybe we would not have brought that "experience" in knowing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back