List Mgmt. 2020 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn’t be too upset if we traded say Pick 10 (which is about where I’d expect Carlton’s first to fall) for Ladhams + Pick 34.

A promising 22 y.o ruck that fills an urgent need is, in my view, worth the points differential - as we’d get Pick 2, Campbell, Gulden and Ladhams, plus a steak knives pick.

Of course, this all assumes the club decides to trade Papley.

I still wouldn't personally. It's paying way overs. Rather do it with future picks if need be. If we trade Papley we will need those points. Can see us splitting that pick 10 though. The Crows have GWS' first plus pick 20, perhaps they would be interested, would give them another pick in the top 10.

I’m really not interesting in trading for a ruck unless it’s for a 4th rounder. There’s only 3 or 4 good rucks in the league and they are hardly the difference in results.

All we need is someone who is ruck sized, give us 20 game’s a year and is barley competent.

Unless your getting a Grundy, never trade anything of value for a ruck, especially in today’s game

Why are you focusing on semantics?

Ceaser88 gave his barometer, make the best decision at the time. IMO, that's as good as it's going to get.

Having a, 'will definitely be a player worthy of pick 2/3', as a barometer is rediculous, you can only make decisions on what you info you have now.

Honestly, fair enough.

I was just talking about what I've heard/read here. I don't know much.

Thanks for the up dates

It isn't semantics. It is calling people out on spouting bullshit.

This thread is more or less the same handful of people posting unjustifiably confident opinions on either the quality of potential draftees or their likely draft range. One posted saying that Campbell was a "probably certain" (i.e. not certain) top 10 pick. Today we have another saying that "we couldn't lose" if we selected Phillips or Holland, despite the latter currently recovering from a knee replacement and us having seen none of either this year beside that. So much certainty, so little justification for it.

I'm glad you acknowledge you don't know much. I'm happy to acknowledge I don't know much either. What I do know, though, is that some on here who are acting as though they know plenty "probably certainly" don't know any more than you or I.

It isn't semantics. It is calling people out on spouting bullshit.

This thread is more or less the same handful of people posting unjustifiably confident opinions on either the quality of potential draftees or their likely draft range. One posted saying that Campbell was a "probably certain" (i.e. not certain) top 10 pick. Today we have another saying that "we couldn't lose" if we selected Phillips or Holland, despite the latter currently recovering from a knee replacement and us having seen none of either this year beside that. So much certainty, so little justification for it.

I'm glad you acknowledge you don't know much. I'm happy to acknowledge I don't know much either. What I do know, though, is that some on here who are acting as though they know plenty "probably certainly" don't know any more than you or I.

And what I know is that you need to stop taking people's opinions so seriously. You know that's all each and every post is, right? Just an opinion. If I wanted to state it as fact I'd accompany every comment with my sources in a ******* bibliography in Chicago 16th referencing style.

And what I know is that you need to stop taking people's opinions so seriously. You know that's all each and every post is, right? Just an opinion. If I wanted to state it as fact I'd accompany every comment with my sources in a ******* bibliography in Chicago 16th referencing style.
Why do I need to stop that? I'm just voicing my opinion...

What makes people think Ladhams is gettable? getting games for Port, probably enjoying playing for a winning side with a big future (and hes probably part of that future), contracted until the end of 2022.
Does he want to come to Sydney?
Why would Port give him up?
Also.. the suggestion that we trade Paps for Ladham + some draft points doesn't seem enough.. Reckon we can do much better

What makes people think Ladhams is gettable? getting games for Port, probably enjoying playing for a winning side with a big future (and hes probably part of that future), contracted until the end of 2022.
Also.. the suggestion that we trade Paps for Ladham + some draft points doesn't seem enough.. Reckon we can do much better

I mean, it's a footy forum. .00001% of posts on here are based on anything from a reliable source, so nobody knows if the Swans are actually interested in him or if Ladhams would want to leave Port.

People who are for it just see a good young ruck who is behind Lycett in the pecking order who may be interested in getting first ruck playing time at another club. Wouldn't be the first contracted guy to want out of his deal to get more playing time.

It’s pure speculation mixed with a bit of hope.

But money talks and if Sydney’s need is greater than Port’s, it could happen.

We must get a robust competitive ruckman of decent size in this draft. Our ruck stocks are the worst in the comp. They are undersized or injury prone or void of talent. This is compounded by the absence of an A grade mid (JPK is toast). Rowbottom seems the only potential A grader.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

haha. well I actually think its a decent idea.

Most 200cm+ key forwards end up as ruckman in the second half of their career, and there are many examples of it being very successful.

What can possibly go wrong chuck the bloke in who has had OP for the last 3 years lol

How so?

Daniher has had constant injury troubles and people want to play him in the ruck? Not the smartest move.
I didn't mean I like or agree with the idea, but ANYTHING is better than Gumby!

Me, at 5'2" and 70kgs (not to mention well into middle age), is better than Gumby.

We must get a robust competitive ruckman of decent size in this draft. Our ruck stocks are the worst in the comp. They are undersized or injury prone or void of talent. This is compounded by the absence of an A grade mid (JPK is toast). Rowbottom seems the only potential A grader.

Yeah it's a problem.

You can have a midfield with a great ruck and no A grade mids, or a midfield with an average ruck and a few A grade mids.

But we have a midfield without either a great ruck or an A grade mid.

I can't even bring myself to think about our forward or defensive stocks while the most important area of the game for us is such a colossal shambles.

We might have some competition for Joe.

Hopefully he had been travelling with the team and found it hot and humid up there.

Probably a piece drafted by either Dodoro or Daniher's manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back