Preview 2020 Goodbye (To 2021) New; Preseason Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I can’t find anything on the club’s website, so does anyone know if there is an open training session this week? For all the kids before they go back to school after the Australia Day public holiday

Edit: Should have realised that this pain in the a*se Covid 19 would have put a stop to this little bit of pleasure for the kids and others. I still a have a sickening feeling that season 2021 is still going to be heavily compromised. AO will still be able to be used but with social distancing protocols in place. I hope I’m wrong as we have new seats positions.

Last edited:

Even in those casual snaps at Jonas's place Lachie's thighs were thicker than the captain's :eek:

View attachment 1042379
...and all at the ripe old age of 18... sheesh FMD 18 I tells ya... eight farken teen.

Bumped into an assistant coach at the supermarket yesterday who told me Orazio is tracking nicely and WILL silence the doubters this yr.

Pic 17 is a beauty.
#18 kicks the ball and the man on the mark, instead of smothering it, just grabs it "one take" off the boot.
Phenomenal.

😝
Yeah, I know. Jus' bein' silly!
Yeah had to have a double take on that one :D the Faz n Zak show where all is not what it might seem.

Speaking of which what about Jackson Mead kicking 2 balls at once.

Dressed like it's ******* winter. This summer has been springlike at best.
I was saying the same thing the other day, I wonder if Feb/March will have a massive heatwave.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was saying the same thing the other day, I wonder if Feb/March will have a massive heatwave.
Spot on, we eventually pay for these early cooler summer months with a burst of heatwave conditions in February/March, perhaps even going into April.

Spot on, we eventually pay for these early cooler summer months with a burst of heatwave conditions in February/March, perhaps even going into April.
Jans not done yet. Saturday Sunday are 41 and 43.

Is it just me or is there slightly more emphasis on the gym this preseason. I think there are two reasons for this. First the squad is more mature and more of them can bulk up. Second, there is a relatively short injury list.

The exercises have also evolved. Less time spent doing fancy exercises that has less carry-over into functional strength and a more targeted approach with less exercises. The one-legged step-up seems to feature as it improves balance, strength and power in one exercise. I noticed Allir had less knee drive (probably because he isn't used to the exercise), but that downward force and corresponding knee lift is key to explosive power when running.

With a good preseason under their belt, I'm intrigued as to how the whole team goes next year. Special interest in Red (Willem Drew) and Dylan Williams. I hope to see SPP take the next step as amid. Last year was a break out year for him. I hope to see Mead come into the team to show off his ball winning and kicking skills (I have high hopes for young Mead), and just see all around improvement across the board.

Pre-season Showdown(s) incoming...

AFL considers changes to pre-season competition amid border drama

The AFL is considering making major changes to the pre-season competition due to ongoing border restrictions.
Instead of playing two pre-season games across three weeks, clubs have been told they could instead play only one practice match before the regular season.

It would limit the need for travel and interstate movement in February-March.

The league is still considering several rescheduling options to ensure the AAMI Community series will still go ahead in some form.

Reducing the number of games from two to only one formal practice match could help keep each club in their home state.

The league is considering keeping all Victorian clubs in the state in February and March to avoid any interstate travel before Round 1.

It would mean interstate clubs such as West Coast and Fremantle could play each other in their only formal practice match game.

Last edited:
Pre-season Showdown incoming...

AFL considers changes to pre-season competition amid border drama

The AFL is considering making major changes to the pre-season competition due to ongoing border restrictions.
Instead of playing two pre-season games across three weeks, clubs have been told they could instead play only one practice match before the regular season.

It would limit the need for travel and interstate movement in February-March.

The league is still considering several rescheduling options to ensure the AAMI Community series will still go ahead in some form.

Reducing the number of games from two to only one formal practice match could help keep each club in their home state.

The league is considering keeping all Victorian clubs in the state in February and March to avoid any interstate travel before Round 1.

It would mean interstate clubs such as West Coast and Fremantle could play each other in their only formal practice match game.

lol, a national competition with "interstate clubs"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back