11. Fremantle
12. St Kilda
13. Carlton
14. Adelaide
15. Sydney
16. North Melbourne
17. Gold Coast
18. Melbourne

Good luck, but Im only being honest, I have put Adelaide at 15, Im not playing any favs
In all seriousness, I'm not sure if Adelaide will slide to the extent that a lot of people are expecting. I'll wait when the trade period concludes but I wouldn't put it past the Crows to even improve on this year.

In all seriousness, I'm not sure if Adelaide will slide to the extent that a lot of people are expecting. I'll wait when the trade period concludes but I wouldn't put it past the Crows to even improve on this year.

IM not confident on Adelaide we are losing players and we have a couple we have held onto that are getting old and showing it. A lot is being put on Fog Rob Milera but they are very unproven

Melbourne is clearly an interesting one, that year they had a great year was it a fluke? There seems no explanation for last year. I will admit your draw will be a lot easier next year

Ive dropped the cats down the ladder hugely with Kelly gone and a number of older players

I guess someone has to be at the base of the ladder and all teams are fighting to move up

Crows won't finish bottom four. They will enough games at home to finish higher than that.
History says there is a bolter from around 13th the previous year.
Freo is my tip.
Carlton to finish between 7th-11th.
Geelong won't slide that much. Every year we say they will and they don't.
Saints will improve.
Swans may surprise.
I have no clue.

Going the early crow here (with trade period and the draft to come) but who doesn't love a good crystal ball prediction?

1. Richmond
2. Western Bulldogs
3. GWS
4. Collingwood
5. Hawthorn
6. West Coast
7. Brisbane
8. St Kilda
9. Port Adelaide
10. Melbourne
11. Fremantle
12. Geelong
13. Sydney
14. Carlton
15. Adelaide
16. Essendon
17. North Melbourne
18. Gold Coast
Geelong to drop 11 places? Can def see the Hawks & Dogs climbing but even Essendon at 16th is a fair fall haha.

4. St Kilda (massive signings in the offseason and Ratts at the helm will help them jump up the ladder)

17. Carlton (terrible club wont improve at all and will go backwards)

rolling.gif

1. Richmond - by far the best in the league

2. GWS - too much talent, ward and coniglio to return

3. West Coast - Kelly in is big, a full season of NN and they’re a massive flag chance

4. Western Bulldogs - a big second half and the season, a team that can really trouble the tiger juggernaut

5. Collingwood - will be thereabouts as usual

6. Brisbane - a slightly more modest finish due to a harder draw but going places

7. Hawthorn - should have made finals this year over essendon, Mitchell back

8. Carlton - Papley and Betts will add fire power, Walsh and Curnow will just get better, Cripps to dominate and Brownlow. The Teague train is an express one.

9. Geelong - fluffed a golden chance and I’m not sure they’ll be up again. Never fall off completely

10. Sydney - will bounce back

11. Melbourne
12. North Melb
13. Port Adelaide
14. St Kilda

15. Adelaide - will fall due to this apparent exodus but setting themselves up for a massive refresh

16. Essendon - a coach that’s finishing, talent heading for the door, a pedestrian midfield

17. Fremantle

18. Gold Coast

Last edited:
IM not confident on Adelaide we are losing players and we have a couple we have held onto that are getting old and showing it. A lot is being put on Fog Rob Milera but they are very unproven

Melbourne is clearly an interesting one, that year they had a great year was it a fluke? There seems no explanation for last year. I will admit your draw will be a lot easier next year

Ive dropped the cats down the ladder hugely with Kelly gone and a number of older players

I guess someone has to be at the base of the ladder and all teams are fighting to move up
I think there's still some pretty good pieces in Adelaide's best 22 but yeah the depth beyond that might be an issue. Will be interesting to see who they select for the senior coaching position and how they regenerate the team.

Even though I barrack for them, I do believe Melbourne is probably one of the more interesting teams to observe in 2020 due to the contrast in what they produced last year and then this year. I think they could finish pretty much anywhere on the ladder. However, I admit with a bit of bias that I'm leaning towards us being a much better team next year and I'm tipping them to return to the finals at least. I've got a question mark on whether Goodwin is the right coach for us moving forward, but I'll reserve my judgement on him when I see what our performances are like in 2020.

Yeah I think Geelong will drop as well, I still reckon they will probably win enough games to play finals but I don't think they'll be a serious contender in 2020. Brisbane is the other one that I feel will drop. Did a great job in the H&A season to finish top 2 but I reckon it will be difficult for them to improve or hold ground on what they did this year, so yeah my early tip for next season is that the top 2 H&A team in 2019 will drop out of the top 4 in 2020.

And I feel your last point is a good one. You could make a good argument for a lot of teams to improve on this year, but yeah someone has to finish down the bottom of the ladder, even teams that might be predicted to do well. For mine, Gold Coast is the only side I could predict with any confidence to finish bottom 4 next year.

Tigers
Collingwood
Eagles
Dogs
Lions
Hawks
Cats
Port
GWS
Dons
Norf
Saints
Blues
Swans
Freo
Adelaide
Gold coast
Demons

Cats just make finals just for home ground factor but fall because of 1 too few cooked players.

GWS miss finals like Adelaide did 2018.

Dons miss finals because of no improvement.

Can't see any improvement from dees unless they find some better ball users.

so far away but ill have an honest crack
1. Richmond
2. Collingwood
3. West Coast
4. GWS
5. Brisbane
6. Bulldogs
7. Geelong
8. Hawks
9. Port
10. Carlton
11. North
12. Essendon
13. Fremantle
14. Saints
15. Sydney
16. Melbourne
17. Crows
18. Gold Coast

Most of the top 8 the same, Essendon to drop out and Hawks to come in. I think the Crows are set for a long season. Carlton to threaten the top 8 but just another year off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1.Richmond ( very good team)
2. West Coast (Probably gonna add kelly)
3. GWS ( if they have good injury luck
4. Collingwood ( Getting alot of players back form injury
5. Hawthorn ( Might get some good additions in the trade period plus tom mitchell back)
6. Bulldogs ( started playing elite footy towards the end of last season plus keath and bruce )
7. Brisbane ( gonna have a harder draw)
8. North Melbourne ( Rhyce shaw for a whole season)
9. Geelong ( gonna lose kelly and have ageing team)
10. St Kilda ( Getting some good picks ups in the trade period plus full season of ratten )
11. Carlton ( full season of Teague and getting some good pick ups in the trade period )
12. Port Adelaide ( same as last season)
13. Melbourne ( they will bounce back from last season)
14. Sydney ( if they get daniher and he plays and if buddy plays more than 18 games)
15. Essendon (if they lose daniher and fantasia
16. Fremantle ( losing midfield depth and list doesn't look that good )
17. Adeladie ( everyone is leaving )
18. Gold coast ( getting some good players but they will still come last )

Finals
Richmond def Collingwood
West Coast def GWS
Dogs def Brisbane
Hawthorn def by Roos

Collingwood def Roos
GWS def Dogs

Richmond def GWS
West Coast def Collingwood

West Coast def richmond

Last edited:
1 Richmond
2 West Coast
3 Collingwood
4 Brisbane
5 Western Bulldogs
6 Geelong
7 Hawthorn
8 GWS
9 Essendon
10 Port Adelaide
11 North Melbourne
12 Melbourne
13 Fremantle
14 Sydney
15 Carlton
16 St Kilda
17 Adelaide
18 Suns

Expecting a fair gap from the top 3 to the rest.

Expecting my order from 7-17 to be completely wrong.

Richmond (Best team)
West Coast
Collingwood (Pains me to say but very strong list, wouldn't be shocked if they win the flag)
Bulldogs
GWS
Brisbane
Fremantle (Were looking like finals this year but then lost half the spine to injury)
Geelong (Will slide with TK exit but not as much as people think)
Carlton (Could be 3-5 places lower but the Teague train got no brakes)
Port Adelaide
Hawthorn
Melbourne
Essendon
North Melbourne
Sydney
St Kilda
Adelaide (Going to lose almost half the starting 22)
Gold Coast (Worst team)

1 GWS
2 Brisbane
3 Coll’wood
4 Bulldogs
5 Richmond
6 Carlton (Big improvers)
7 West Coast
8 Melbourne (or I say goodbye forever)

9 Geelong
10 Hawthorn
11 Essendon

Don’t care about the rest
Bye

In before angry offended replies from people who can't fathom a team moving more than 2-3 positions from the previous year, even though there are huge changes every year. Anyway, here's my attempt:

1. Richmond
2. GWS Giants
3. West Coast
4. Collingwood
5. Brisbane
6. Bulldogs
7. Carlton
8. North Melbourne

9. Fremantle
10. Port Adelaide
11. Hawthorn
12. Geelong
13. Melbourne
14. Essendon
15. St Kilda
16. Sydney
17. Adelaide
18. Gold Coast
Setting us up to fail, once again won't be able to beat anyone above us.

1. Brisbane
2. Richmond
3. GWS
4. Collingwood
5. Geelong
6. West Coast
7. Carlton ( I hope I know it's probably to soon )
8. Sydney

9. Port Adelaide
10. Melbourne
11. Essendon
12. Hawthorn
13. Western Bulldogs
14. St Kilda
15. North Melbourne
16. Fremantle
17. Adelaide
18 Auskick suns

Finals winner in bold

Week one

(Qf1) Brisbane vs Collingwood
(Ef1). Geelong vs Sydney
(Ef2). West coast vs Carlton
(Qf2) Richmond vs gws

Week Two
(Sm1) Geelong vs Collingwood
(sm2) Carlton vs gws

Week Three

(Pf1) Richmond vs Collingwood
(Pf2) Carlton Vs Brisbane

Grand final

Collingwood vs Brisbane

Note finals series I'm just wishing it is like that but ladder I think it could be

This is easy

1. Brisbane
2. West Coast
3. Hawthorn
4. Kangaroos
5. St Kilda
6. Western Bulldogs
7. Collingwood
8. Richmond

9. Port Adelaide
10. GWS
11. Gold Coast
12.Sydney
13. Melbounre
14. Adelaide
15. Geelong
16. Essendon
17. Fremantle
18. Carlton

People putting Adelaide bottom 4 is the reason predictions pre-trade period are laughable.

We haven't lost a single core player, only the crusty and fringers have declared their intention to go.

Too many sheep in this thread deciding that the journo making up rubbish about brad crouch (just like the last 2 years) and other players who have all come out and said it's bullshit. They write it to sell clicks and views and you morons lap it up. why do you believe sensationalist journos over the player? This isn't like danger or lever whorefused to say they are staying, Crouch x2, Smith, Laird have all said staying.

Watch as Adelaide dont lose their actual star players, draft well and compete again next year with a fresh coach.

Honestly if intelligence was a core requirement to continued life you'd be all ****ed.

People putting Adelaide bottom 4 is the reason predictions pre-trade period are laughable.

We haven't lost a single core player, only the crusty and fringers have declared their intention to go.

Too many sheep in this thread deciding that the journo making up rubbish about brad crouch (just like the last 2 years) and other players who have all come out and said it's bulls**t. They write it to sell clicks and views and you morons lap it up. why do you believe sensationalist journos over the player? This isn't like danger or lever whorefused to say they are staying, Crouch x2, Smith, Laird have all said staying.

Watch as Adelaide dont lose their actual star players, draft well and compete again next year with a fresh coach.

Honestly if intelligence was a core requirement to continued life you'd be all f’ed.
Alex Keath is a "crusty/fringe" player?, nice to see your intelligence put on display for everyone to see. Please divulge some more of your great wisdom for us to laugh at revel in.

Alex Keath is a "crusty/fringe" player?, nice to see your intelligence put on display for everyone to see. Please divulge some more of your great wisdom for us to laugh at revel in.
We have Tom Doedee coming back replacing Alex Keath.

Haven't come up with a 2020 one yet but did a video reviewing my 2019 predictions

ah that's your channel, cool. I've been watching it a bit lately.

you're actually unusually objective for a West Coast supporter.

Keep up the good work.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back