2020 Planning thread - a.k.a pre-season misplaced confidence and collective insanity

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey just a friendly reminder friends that i am going to be winning it all this year so you might as well just start planning for for 2021.

P.s anyone else look at their forward line and just want to vomit?

Screen Shot 2020-01-25 at 7.07.23 PM.png

I'm quite good with mine

Hey just a friendly reminder friends that i am going to be winning it all this year so you might as well just start planning for for 2021.

Mine is
Whitfield, Ebert & C.Jones.
Townsend, Brander, Rankine.

6 premo mids will do that to you.
Same impass always. If another mid rookie shows up, 1 mid premo becomes a forward premo.
M7. Rowell & M8 Anderson are in for now.

Out of interest... the most popular picks atm (Player.%) amongst the early birds.

Def - Docherty 55, Roberton 33, Lloyd 32, H Young 29, B Starcevich 28, Houston 27
Mid - Pickett 56, Rowell 53, Mitchell 48, McHenry 31, Macrae 24, Coniglio 24, N Anderson 18, Dangerfield 18
Ruc - Grundy 56, D Cameron 40 - Jacobs 17
Fwd - Whitfield 54, Rankine 46, M King 35, Martin 33, A Brayshaw19, B Cavarra 16.

I only have 10 of these in my current squad. My combined squad% is 546.

Last edited:
Out of interest... the most popular picks atm (Player.%) amongst the early birds.

Def - Docherty 55, Roberton 33, Lloyd 32, H Young 29, B Starcevich 28, Houston 27
Mid - Pickett 56, Rowell 53, Mitchell 48, McHenry 31, Macrae 24, Coniglio 24, N Anderson 18, Dangerfield 18
Ruc - Grundy 56, D Cameron 40 - Jacobs 17
Fwd - Whitfield 54, Rankine 46, M King 35, Martin 33, A Brayshaw19, B Cavarra 16.

I only have 10 of these in my current squad. My combined squad% is 546.
Houston is one I'm hesitant to pick.
Still had plenty of spud scores last year, Port have a number of better midfielders so how he gets in there, we'll have to see.

Lloyd, Doch, Roberton, Young, Ash, Starcevic (2 rooks)

Macrae, J Kelly, Treloar, Dunkley, Titch, Anderson, Rowell, Pickett (2 rooks)

Grundy, Gawn

Whit, Dev Smith, Steven, Townsend, Rankine, Cavarra (2 rooks)

Going the old guns and rooks pretty much. Loading up in mids and paying up for good rooks has admittedly left me one short in the backline.. just picking who I think will be the 5 best mids come seasons end regardless of price and working around that. Hopefully they go bang from the start and while everyone is chasing them that’s where I’ll (hopefully) get a leg up.

This is what worked for me last time I finished 500 odd, mid priced madness hasn’t been as kind to me last two seasons. Not saying there isn’t a lot of upside in nailing good mid pricers, however with guns and rooks now a more unique strategy than ever I think it’s prime time to go all the way with it once more.

Still had plenty of spud scores last year, Port have a number of better midfielders so how he gets in there, we'll have to see.

He's in my team at the moment, I cant resist all the talk of midfield time. Andy Brayshaw in the same boat and I have him as well.
Just looking for those mid-price breakout seasons.

Anyone else going with Sam Walsh? I'm expecting 'oh he was value last year but this year i feel theres better around his price' etc... But he plays the perfect fantasy game and his first season is something we haven't seen before from a first year.

Anyone else going with Sam Walsh? I'm expecting 'oh he was value last year but this year i feel theres better around his price' etc... But he plays the perfect fantasy game and his first season is something we haven't seen before from a first year.
I feel he’ll go 98-102, so will improve. But at that price I much prefer Seb Ross or Taylor Adams who both have multiple 100+ seasons to their names

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very early doors here.....

Most rookies are just autofilled…..

View attachment 811762
Like the Crisp pick, couldn’t quite squeeze him in myself due to the fact there’s no way I’ll be able to stand watching Lloyd’s antics whilst not having him. Doch is a lock if fit though I’d be surprised if you end up starting Witho over him at the same price.

Overall pretty strong mate. One thing that’s surprising as a Dogs man you haven’t picked at least one of Macrae or Dunks. Please for the love of god let us know if Bevo is planning on channeling the spirit of Horse again and throwing them forward like he did early last year.. that alone would be enough to write off my season from the get go.

Houston's bad scores were when he wasnt playing midfield. He moved into the midfield in round 19 and went on to score 104, 123, 103, 97 & 89.

Ebert, SPP and mostly Gray are now forwards. Hartlett is now a defender.

Boak, Rockliff, Rozee, Houston, Duursma, Amon & Drew are our main midfielders now.

Houston's bad scores were when he wasnt playing midfield. He moved into the midfield in round 19 and went on to score 104, 123, 103, 97 & 89.

Ebert, SPP and mostly Gray are now forwards. Hartlett is now a defender.

Boak, Rockliff, Rozee, Houston, Duursma, Amon & Drew are our main midfielders now.
As it sits right now; come round 1, who do you anticipate being the main 3 at the centre bounces?

As it sits right now; come round 1, who do you anticipate being the main 3 at the centre bounces?
Its too early to tell BUT I would put Boak, Wines/Rockliff & Houston/Rozee for the opening bounce. Lots to play out yet tho so JLT will determine a lot of the positional rankings.

Like the Crisp pick, couldn’t quite squeeze him in myself due to the fact there’s no way I’ll be able to stand watching Lloyd’s antics whilst not having him. Doch is a lock if fit though I’d be surprised if you end up starting Witho over him at the same price.

Overall pretty strong mate. One thing that’s surprising as a Dogs man you haven’t picked at least one of Macrae or Dunks. Please for the love of god let us know if Bevo is planning on channeling the spirit of Horse again and throwing them forward like he did early last year.. that alone would be enough to write off my season from the get go.

Look, I'd love for the injured guys to all come back and do well - but I know from the Dogs experience just how hard it is for people to come back from broken legs, knees etc. That's before you get into guys with heart conditions.... I'm trying (although have failed) to minimise the number of them I have in the starting side...

So I'm trying to pick reliable guys who I hope make it through a year. If there is another option at a similar price, I'll probably drop Roberton - and it might cost me dearly.

On the Dogs side, I haven't seen enough or heard enough to know or guess what our plans are. If it were me, I'd be minimising midfield changes from our side that played well most of the second half of the year - but ....... We missed Libba's toughness - although his injuries have cost him pace - so I suspect we'll try to bring him in. He can only play inside mid, lost too much pace to play elsewhere. So until I know what's going on, I'm not planning on them yet....

I honestly think it would be just the best thing ever if after everything that's happened to you, that it culminated in you winning it all this year, haha.

Would certainly give all of us here hope that anything could happen in life. "I never thought of becoming an aeronautical engineer for NASA...but now that BJK#5 won AFL Fantasy...anything is possible!"

I honestly think it would be just the best thing ever if after everything that's happened to you, that it culminated in you winning it all this year, haha.

Would certainly give all of us here hope that anything could happen in life. "I never thought of becoming an aeronautical engineer for NASA...but now that BJK#5 won AFL Fantasy...anything is possible!"
Honestly more pumped for this fantasy footy season than any other i can remember. Had a few top 200-300 finishes in the past but after last season i am just going in to it thinking welp i can't be worse than last year.

P.s if i am worse than last season you guys are going to see a lot of crying, sooking and tantrum chucking in the weekly threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back