News 2020 Pre-season - New and Improved after Rd 1 with Rd2 in June. ***

Remove this Banner Ad

Let's hope the playing group is better prepared, and the MC smarter with their selections, than Round 1.

Edit:

and that we've eliminated the slow, sideways and backward ball movement from our game.
They had plenty of time prior to round 1 to do all that, and it didn't happen. No reason to suspect it will now. Also doubt there'll be too many wholesale changes to the game plan now. It's not like they've had a real preseason up to this point to drill new stuff. Everyone's been separated.

They had plenty of time prior to round 1 to do all that, and it didn't happen. No reason to suspect it will now. Also doubt there'll be too many wholesale changes to the game plan now. It's not like they've had a real preseason up to this point to drill new stuff. Everyone's been separated.

Yeah, I know......one can but hope though, right?

Interesting the 9 News preview quoted Hawks v Cats, so unlikely a home game for us at Geelong, unless it was just stating the matchups.
Hawks will be tough anywhere first up.

Who cares anyway. We wouldn't be making any money from playing at KP with no crowds would we?
Better off playing at the G. It's where the finals are.

Who’s home game was the easter monday game?

Easter Monday was our "home" game

And funnily enough, the rematch which was to be Hawthorn's home game & our return from the mid-season bye, was scheduled for June 12 - the suggested date for our round 2 match which happens to be coming off an extended bye

So, we may actually end up playing Hawthorn after an extended bye, on the original scheduled date - just the home team & venue that may change

I'm hoping the interceding weeks have given them plenty of time to re-evaluate their selection process, and their criteria
Lets have less emphases on trying to squeeze the perceived best 22 into the side regardless of whether or not some will have to play out of position,for a balanced side with players competent in winning or at least breaking even in their selected position,ie mids to mid roles not Zuthries,forwards to play forward not ruck Ratagolea backs to play back not ruck blicaves.Lets try to build a settled side and find out for sure our weaknesses and strengths so we can better address them.
In a nut shell stop trying to paper over the cracks.

I've read speculation it will be - someone suggested that Clarkson may require a map to find the stadium
ill buy him a Tom Tom

GO Catters

Lets have less emphases on trying to squeeze the perceived best 22 into the side regardless of whether or not some will have to play out of position,for a balanced side with players competent in winning or at least breaking even in their selected position,ie mids to mid roles not Zuthries,forwards to play forward not ruck Ratagolea backs to play back not ruck blicaves.Lets try to build a settled side and find out for sure our weaknesses and strengths so we can better address them.
In a nut shell stop trying to paper over the cracks.

Same here; but history suggests a strong possibility that the MC will put a fly in the ointment somewhere

Who cares anyway. We wouldn't be making any money from playing at KP with no crowds would we?
Better off playing at the G. It's where the finals are.
Good point. I actually hope we play all the strong teams in WA, Brisbane, Sydney and Adelaide, lose every game, finish last and get the #1 pick then start again next year and for life after Scott ... he's not the coach to take us to another flag.

The season should have been canned given the inbalances the fixture will cause.

Good point. I actually hope we play all the strong teams in WA, Brisbane, Sydney and Adelaide, lose every game, finish last and get the #1 pick then start again next year and for life after Scott ... he's not the coach to take us to another flag.

The small sample we saw pre-season, and In Round 1, suggests we're going to be regurgitating the same gameplan with virtually no change, despite the lip service by our coaches to the contrary.

So I fear we may lose a good number of such games.

That said, I don't think there'll be anywhere near as much pride attached to the 2020 premiership by the victors as would normally be the case.

No thanks I can do without the spoon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No thanks I can do without the spoon.
We need to rebuild for life after Scott. Given the season is a write-off and will always hold an * for the premier, we may as well take advantage by getting the best young talent to the club.

We know Scott will keep persisting with the Guthrie's and playing players out of position so what's the point?

Yeah I hear people who work in the media and tied to the game saying there will be no asterix. Some saying it'll actually be the best ever lol.
But does anyone who doesn't have their paycheck tied to the game actually think this???
Yeah personally I couldn't care less if we finished last. Play some kids for the future. Actually play people where they are best suited.
Constable in the middle, Guthrie in the middle (Not as a tagger), Clark on a wing etc.
Just really wish we drafted a young ruckman. Would of been so handy to pump some games into one this year.

Yeah I hear people who work in the media and tied to the game saying there will be no asterix. Some saying it'll actually be the best ever lol.
But does anyone who doesn't have their paycheck tied to the game actually think this???
Yeah personally I couldn't care less if we finished last. Play some kids for the future. Actually play people where they are best suited.
Constable in the middle, Guthrie in the middle (Not as a tagger), Clark on a wing etc.
Just really wish we drafted a young ruckman. Would of been so handy to pump some games into one this year.

What...... Play people where they're best suited?? 😯

Heretic!!!

Highly debatable that midfield is the best spot for Guthrie. Midfield in the VFL maybe.
Well he has to play. Cause he's Guthrie. I've watched him closely live and I just don't reckon he's that great as defensive, shut down sort of player.
Anyone who's fitter and stronger and has less skills could do it way better.
Don't like him in defense and he is horrible as a forward.
Might as well let him have a go like he did in the finals. He could possibly make things happen if given a chance.

Well he has to play. Cause he's Guthrie. I've watched him closely live and I just don't reckon he's that great as defensive, shut down sort of player.
Might as well let him have a go like he did in the finals. He could possibly make things happen if given a chance.
It was a good finals performance against a sub-par WCE. He's had plenty of shockers in the midfield as well though. I don't think he's that good anywhere, really.

Spot on two arms around the opponents waist and the tongue in the ear from behind for another center square ball up until he ball is finally cleared by the opposition isn't a great game plan.But in saying that there is no hardness on any line at Geelong today.

[/QUOTE]
Spot on two arms around the opponents waist and the tongue in the ear from behind for another center square ball up until he ball is finally cleared by the opposition isn't a great game plan.But in saying that there is no hardness on any line at Geelong today.
That's really the thing with this club at the moment, we just aren't ruthless enough.

If I were the coach and I seen our star player going one-handed at the ball all the time I'd chew his ears off Chopper style.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back