List Mgmt. 2021 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, been a while since we've had an opponents future first. Sad that it's the reigning premiers, but let's hope that all of their players get Pneumonia and can't play for the rest of the year.

Adelaide win, we lose. Some on here cheer.

Hopefully something happens tomorrow to lessen the blow.

No one cheers. But it was blindingly obvious that this was how it would play out. A mate of mine who used to work for an employer organisation used to say there is no such thing as bargaining in good faith. When you have power you kick. When you dont have power you get kicked.

We didnt have the power. It is frustrating and we all know that it will hurt but once he let the contract run down he could go. If Adelaide had finished 7th we would have had a crack at the first pick. But they didnt and we didnt. So get the best available result from the pick and move on

I believe that Campbell will be able to fill the Dawson role pretty well next year.

He will fill the foot skill void but 194cm players who are extremely good contested markes and can play either end of the ground are very hard to find.

Make no mistake this loss will hurt us on the field

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really, who cares? By what metric did we lose? Do we know who we are using that pick for?
Options were take something or nothing, we took something. Walking him to the PSDwould have been a loss.

Not really. Crows have stated they will pull the trigger on other deals come Wednesday morning if Swans haven't responded.
I'm not sure what other deals they have in the pipeworks. Certainly nothing that has been spoken about with 24 hours to go.

Options were take something or nothing, we took something. Walking him to the PSDwould have been a loss.

Least we didn’t accept the first offer this actually isn’t a bad deal. Melbourne come 4th or 5th that’s pick 13-14. That isn’t too far off really.

It’s a decent result.

Good academy kids coming next year & that pick will be very, very valuable.

Only risk now is that we give it all up for Ladhams.

Plus with that in mind it means even if we lose one pick via the academy and matching we will likely still have a live first round selection

No one cheers. But it was blindingly obvious that this was how it would play out. A mate of mine who used to work for an employer organisation used to say there is no such thing as bargaining in good faith. When you have power you kick. When you dont have power you get kicked.

We didnt have the power. It is frustrating and we all know that it will hurt but once he let the contract run down he could go. If Adelaide had finished 7th we would have had a crack at the first pick. But they didnt and we didnt. So get the best available result from the pick and move on

Fair enough.

This is Mitchell all over again to me. At least we tried this time though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back