Preview 2021 Goodbye (To 2022) New; Preseason Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 1341403

The prelim should have already taught you that lesson

Absolute revelations from TJ, groundbreaking. Then with the usual pre-season script of "we're feeling fitter, stronger and faster" lorem ipsum generated script.

Absolute revelations from TJ, groundbreaking. Then with the usual pre-season script of "we're feeling fitter, stronger and faster" lorem ipsum generated script.
So sick of hearing work hardery, longery coming out of the club.

Seriously our first term efforts have very little to do with effort. The majority of our failures also do. They are a complete reflection on our game style and our desperate need for the tempo to decrease and space to open.

So sick of hearing work hardery, longery coming out of the club.

Seriously our first term efforts have very little to do with effort. The majority of our failures also do. They are a complete reflection on our game style and our desperate need for the tempo to decrease and space to open.
I know where you are coming from, but what can they say?
He more than anyone knows that what happens in September this year is the only thing that matters.
Do you reckon he wants to stroll out to The Adelaide Oval and get asked a bunch half arsed questions that everyone knows the answer to.
AFL Season launch what a load of Garbage.
It is just the AFL getting their name on the News tonight and on the front of the Paper tomorrow.

I know where you are coming from, but what can they say?
"We brought a game plan and personnel we thought would get the job done, but a few key elements broke down. We will review selection carefully/We can't do much about personnel so we need to go away and improve, we need to make sure that we can adjust to cater for failures in areas of our game and not find those failures cascading across the board"

Or

"We need to work hardery, for longery...."

Just like we cover up injuries all the time to deflect any attention, we're just doing the same here. I want to hear a more truthful answer, and if they dont think it is truthful, then the board should be listening and aware and ready to pull the trigger on a clueless coach who can't see our obvious flaws through his one eyed thoughts.

Every club in the AFL says the same thing at this time of year.

They've admitted the preliminary final doesn't sit well with the players, they can't change the result, all we can hope for is we get back to the same position again this year and go a step further. Outside of that I don't know what more Jonas and the rest of the players can say.

I'm optimistic at our best we'll be back in the preliminary final again, whether or not we have improved enough to win one is a completely different scenario and I'm unsure if I can answer that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sorry...so Bontempelli reviewed the Grand Final with a clinical eye and view to understand the result in order to get better yet Jonas likens us to just being dumb footballers with golf fish like brains.
"We're not the sharpest tools in the shed, us footballers." and "You could say at times we have the memory of a goldfish."....really Tom Jonas, that's the message your projecting as Port Adelaide captain?
The 'Gold Fish' brain at least explains the blind faith in Hinkley's tactics year in year out, if only us fans could forget as easily. Jonas should be stripped of the captaincy immediately after such comments.

Actions speak louder than words.

Their actions on 11 September 2021 spoke volumes.
This is exactly right, he knows that, and we know that. He comes accross to me as someone who would love to say that.
But if he was as blunt as that to the media, unfortunately both him and the Club would be getting told from AFL HQ to provide the media with more.

"Our game style has been tweaked a little bit. There are not wholesale changes. We will look to run and carry; and score a little bit more. You are going to come up against teams that you have not seen for a little while, so that might alter that (plan).

"In our heads and on paper we have this game plan we expect to execute perfectly every time. But you play 22 blokes who have their plan as well. You have to adjust.

"We will remain pretty similar (to 2021) but we will try to be a bit more exciting with the football."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back