Preview 2021 Goodbye (To 2022) New; Preseason Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Interested to listen to Dan Houston on PAFC Website.
Bad shoulder for most of the year and could not train.
So he has, what ends up being a reasonable excuse, for a bit of a down season in 2021.
Not sure how the club does it but it would be great to know these things rather than have supporters and BF Posters calling for his head and suggesting he be put up for trade.
The same applies for Butters as much as we all knew he had a severe injury from what you read and after you hear him speak it sounds like he probably should not have played at all at the back end of 2021.
It just makes you wonder how many players are even capable to perform at 100% before you bring form into the equation.
They had a chance to win a Premiership, they'll play through the pain for that chance. If we couldn't win the flag or it wasn't a realistic chance I doubt we'd have played either of them.

So he has, what ends up being a reasonable excuse, for a bit of a down season in 2021.
Not sure how the club does it but it would be great to know these things rather than have supporters and BF Posters calling for his head and suggesting he be put up for trade.
The same applies for Butters as much as we all knew he had a severe injury from what you read and after you hear him speak it sounds like he probably should not have played at all at the back end of 2021.
It just makes you wonder how many players are even capable to perform at 100% before you bring form into the equation.
Pretty clear he wasnt 100% I thought. Still not a great season though and still doesnt change the fact he ****ed 2020.

Regardless though he is probably one of the worst players in the entire afl to consider trading. His skill level + ceiling to reputation ratio could be the lowest in the AFL. Deserves 2 high first rounders. Would probably get offered around pick 38.

I don’t want to sound like a smart arse but didn’t we all know about Dan’s shoulder? Maybe I’m slightly obsessive but I was amazed that he managed to keep playing with that injury and knew they had to be jabbing him each week. The only thing that did surprise me was that he’d hadn’t required surgery.

I don’t want to sound like a smart arse but didn’t we all know about Dan’s shoulder? Maybe I’m slightly obsessive but I was amazed that he managed to keep playing with that injury and knew they had to be jabbing him each week. The only thing that did surprise me was that he’d hadn’t required surgery.
Yep, it was all about 'pain tolerance' rather than 'letting heal'

Screenshot_20220303-070055_Samsung Internet.jpg

I too like many people was aware that he had a shoulder problem and referred to that in a couple of posts during the year.
My point was that we are unaware of the severity and to not train because of it suggests it was a lot worse than I had envisioned and therefore give him some excuses for his so so year.
However like many a post on this board, a blast of vitriol directed at the poster seems to be standard form.

I too like many people was aware that he had a shoulder problem and referred to that in a couple of posts during the year.
My point was that we are unaware of the severity and to not train because of it suggests it was a lot worse than I had envisioned and therefore give him some excuses for his so so year.
However like many a post on this board, a blast of vitriol directed at the poster seems to be standard form.
Hahaha, okay snowflake. Please point out the posts where 'vitriol' has been directed at you.

People disagreeing with you is not vitriol. If you think it is, you must not be a pleasant person to be around.

Hahaha, okay snowflake. Please point out the posts where 'vitriol' has been directed at you.

People disagreeing with you is not vitriol. If you think it is, you must not be a pleasant person to be around.
Go back a page, post 1039
If that is not some boof head trying to be a smartarse I dont what is.

Go back a page, post 1039
If that is not some boof head trying to be a smartarse I dont what is.
Calling an ill-informed post ill-informed is not 'vitriol' you giant manbaby

Not so sure it was ill-informed
But "snowflake" and "manbaby" now they sound like the posts of the Second in Charge of the Informed Post Command.

Yeah, now you're copping vitriol, because now you deserve it. You weren't copping it before.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol what an ill informed post re: Houston. Literally every person on this board knew Houston was carrying an injury. He quite clearly protected the shoulder in contests and even tackled one handed with his 'good' arm. Having said that, he did have a choice to play or not. Once you cross that white line, you are fit.

It's a collective failure that he played through it.
In a recent interview after a slow start in preseason game, he mentioned no reason to be concerned about our starts. F### ME, was he at the prelim? Oozing mediocrity

Remove this Banner Ad

Back