List Mgmt. 2022 AFL Draft & Rookie Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Dumb move will end up retiring half way through the yr because of soft tissue injuries

Maybe.

Or maybe he’ll provide invaluable depth and experience as we look to push deep into finals at both AFL and VFL levels.

Cowan a good strategic get, the Tassie team due to come in in 2027 and AFL will pay a premium to bring back homegrown players to the apple isle.

Outside of this was always destined to be an underwhelming draft hand, which will continue to be the case as we ascend up the ladder. We just need a little bit of luck with a top 5 value father son.. Our golden generations offspring have been largely pathetic, SOS excluded.

with the amount of AA players (including AA squad players) on our list we have the elite players covered, now we need the meat and veg players to fill out the side and improve the 15-22 players picked each week.

Great post, we cant really fit any more A graders in without squeezing a couple out, we need to fill the rest of the side with good people who work hard for the team and are hungry to win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s a bit odd. Almost looks like Voss has spat the dummy and said “I’m NEVER playing LOB, Newnes or Cotts again. Delist them or offer them minimum contracts and then draft every single ******* winger in the draft. All of rhem!!!!! Oh and get me Blake Acres. I’m not doing one on ones with LOB or Cotts any more. Tell them to stay the * away from Charlie, Walshie and Crippa at training.”

😁
Every one goes on about the weakness on the wings, but Cottrell and LOB are both still young, improved this year and are elite runners. While we needed to improve in this area I am expecting them to be better next year.

I would have though a medium forward was more of a need

I don’t know much about the players and I don’t watch any vision, but I’m pretty happy with the types of players we picked.

Happy with Hollands and Cowan but I’m a little surprised by Binns selection, I would have thought by adding Acres, Hollands and Cowan we would have had more pressing needs.

But I’m no expert and I’ll back our new boys.

Is there a rookie draft?

I don’t know much about the players and I don’t watch any vision, but I’m pretty happy with the types of players we picked.

Happy with Hollands and Cowan but I’m a little surprised by Binns selection, I would have thought by adding Acres, Hollands and Cowan we would have had more pressing needs.

But I’m no expert and I’ll back our new boys.

Is there a rookie draft?
Almost certain Ed Curnow will be our only rookie pick up

Some complaining Voss too involved. For me when Voss said "they must be competitors" when asked what he looked for, I was sooo happy he was involved.

Think many of our draftees have lacked a little of the competitive gene. Dow, LOB, Setterfield, SPS...while more recent ones have had it..Durdin, Motlop, Boyd,..have it...even guys that dont have skill like Parks, Hayes...compete, not just go in hard like Stocker but really compete, dont turn off, drive and will to win. There are no gaurantees but believe it really helps if you have the gene.

Yes, I know, I know, I used Parks and Hayes...they just lacked skill.

Hey guys, first time visiting your board (I believe).

It pains me to say it, but I thought you guys had a really good draft this year. Top 3 up there with West Coast and St Kilda.
Your visit was important to us. Please take a few minutes to complete our satisfaction survey by answering the following statement.
1. Cripps is a worthy Brownlow medallist.
Yes.
God Yes.

Kind of reminds me a bit of the Weitering/McKay/Curnow draft. We need a spine? Let’s take 3 talls and hope a couple hit (all did obviously).

We need two way runners? Grab three of them and hope a couple come off.
I reckon might be laced with a bit of truth but equally don't think that it is too far off the mark that they were picked about the right range in terms of highest rated players too

Your visit was important to us. Please take a few minutes to complete our satisfaction survey by answering the following statement.
1. Cripps is a worthy Brownlow medallist.
Yes.
God Yes.
To Unsubscribe please reply with your credit card number, name on card and the three digits on the reverse.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back