Training 2022 Training Reports and General Club Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Roughy should continue to lockdown to reduce the threat, but Moore should player a more zoning off role. It'd be nice idf we had a small defender who could lockdown and give us that option when necessary. But if we lockdown too much, we won't get as many scoring opportunities.
Lucky we have isolated Josh Thomas from both options, he was not great on the lockdown nor was he overly blessed in running free out there

I didn't want to join in on this but one of 19 cluster nuff nuff protester is in a coma after contracting CV19 he is in his late 40's and in a serious condition, he has also passed it on to his Down Syndrome son who is also in a lot of trouble but expecting to recover (I hope)

I know this from a family friend who is very close to them ( not one of them though if you know what I mean, he has a life )

Its real folks, so what ever we need to do to survive to get through this we do it. I dont like lockdowns either but hey..... I'd rather be healthy and live to see the mighty Pies eventually win another GF

Where are you Jen???????????

We might have to kick off a 2km time trial sweepstakes.

With no Rantall, Sidebottom aging, and a plethora of players working hard in their break, it looks to be an open field this year!

Steelo will regain his crown this year with ease.

Interesting that he's been doing a bit of work on his power over the off season, hopefully that will pay some dividends...

Steelo will regain his crown this year with ease.

Interesting that he's been doing a bit of work on his power over the off season, hopefully that will pay some dividends...

I've got a good feeling that he and Grundy will be re-invogorated by the changes at the club and regain their mojo.

I didn't want to join in on this but one of 19 cluster nuff nuff protester is in a coma after contracting CV19 he is in his late 40's and in a serious condition, he has also passed it on to his Down Syndrome son who is also in a lot of trouble but expecting to recover (I hope)

I know this from a family friend who is very close to them ( not one of them though if you know what I mean, he has a life )

Its real folks, so what ever we need to do to survive to get through this we do it. I dont like lockdowns either but hey..... I'd rather be healthy and live to see the mighty Pies eventually win another GF

Where are you Jen???????????

Seriously enough with the Covid posts. Want to be healthy to see the Pies play? Exercise, eat well, and pray that the myriad of vastly more common and lethal diseases like cancer and heart defects don’t get you.

People have turned Covid into a religion, this is a footy forum ffs.

If we keep running the state into the ground for the decades to come, as each time there is a new variant we lock down. Then we will see worse health outcomes for everyone anyhow. We need to move on and just live with it

while I hope we can just learn to live with it I don't think it is quite the simple. Speak to anyone working in an ICU ward looking after covid patients and they will tell you that it is a nightmare.
Seriously enough with the Covid posts. Want to be healthy to see the Pies play? Exercise, eat well, and pray that the myriad of vastly more common and lethal diseases like cancer and heart defects don’t get you.

People have turned Covid into a religion, this is a footy forum ffs.

Love it that you start with saying enough of the Covid posts but follow it up by giving your opinion anyway. And to suggest covid is not as common as cancer and heart diseases is laughable. The latter are awful but not contagious. Covid is unbelievable contagious and for a significant number of people very serious. Unless of course you believe doctors and nurses are making up the fact that our ICU wards are completely over run with covid patients most of whom are unvaccinated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey, I was wondering if our cat b potential rookie big roo is on our list and if he’s with the main squad or VFL. Haven’t heard anything so don’t know where he’s at.

I disagree.
He is contracted for another 2 seasons so will be around for a while yet. Given he has played 35 games straight and 44 of the last 46 its safe to expect he will play a fair bit in 22. I understand Sco's feelings that he is list borderline and if our younger players come on he may be xs to nneds.

That has to happen however and for the moment in on the either edge of our best 22. I think he deserves his spot but not sure that will apply longterm.

He is contracted for another 2 seasons so will be around for a while yet. Given he has played 35 games straight and 44 of the last 46 its safe to expect he will play a fair bit in 22. I understand Sco's feelings that he is list borderline and if our younger players come on he may be xs to nneds.

That has to happen however and for the moment in on the either edge of our best 22. I think he deserves his spot but not sure that will apply longterm.

I don't think Noble is a finished product and will gradually improve, so he's a keeper for now for me, as he doesn't need to improve that much to be a decent player. And he has an outstanding attribute in that his speed and ability to back up sprints is in the upper echelon of the league.

Yeah so after two years of pain we just let the new variant rip through and kill 10s of thousands of people.

Can't see that being a winning political strategy. If there is a vaccine immune variant that kills then lockdowns will occur. You can't have a strong economy while that kind of variant is out of control in the community.

But I have got us off topic so leave it there.

Have you actually done any reading on the new variant? Or just basing your view off the Ch 9 news headline?

The symptoms of this Omicron are very mild.

This strategy of locking down every winter isn't a long term winner. We're 90%+ vaccinated, we've played our part.

Life must go on at some point, if people are that worried then they stay indoors away from crowds etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back