Training 2022 Training Reports and General Club Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Have you actually done any reading on the new variant? Or just basing your view off the Ch 9 news headline?

The symptoms of this Omicron are very mild.

This strategy of locking down every winter isn't a long term winner. We're 90%+ vaccinated, we've played our part.

Life must go on at some point, if people are that worried then they stay indoors away from crowds etc.
'Doing our part' isn't done until we are 100% vaccinated and even then we are vulnerable in the long term because the developed nations are doing nothing to help the 3rd world.

Does anyone else really struggle to tell the difference between the 2 SA boys (other than arlo)? No? Just me?

Not just you. And the three of them have the worst haircuts to arrive at the club since…since…Poulter. I’d say there’s a hair do crisis in SA. Disturbing.

I disagree.

Knock me down with a feather! Someone posting that he should be on the senior list despite his fumbling, poor skill execution, lack of contested game and lack of impact on the ball disagrees with my assessment that he should have been cut. What’s next water being wet? Unfortunately for Noble he epitomises our poor list management of the past 5 years (along with Brown x 2 and Madgen). As with GC getting my view I also get his justification that he’s had a role recently, but Noble is not someone that’s taking us forward over the next three years. He’s now a list clogger.

Not just you. And the three of them have the worst haircuts to arrive at the club since…since…Poulter. I’d say there’s a hair do crisis in SA. Disturbing.
I expect all of the SA draftees to be wearing hyper-colour t-shirts, happy pants, socks and sandals, slap bands, etc. to go with their haircuts that are way out of date.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Knock me down with a feather! Someone posting that he should be on the senior list despite his fumbling, poor skill execution, lack of contested game and lack of impact on the ball disagrees with my assessment that he should have been cut. What’s next water being wet? Unfortunately for Noble he epitomises our poor list management of the past 5 years (along with Brown x 2 and Madgen). As with GC getting my view I also get his justification that he’s had a role recently, but Noble is not someone that’s taking us forward over the next three years. He’s now a list clogger.
I would think there are about 36 hopefuls going for 10/11 spots. With 15 weeks to go, and a new coaching panel, they will be trying to make every post a winner - possession is nine tenths of the law.

I would think there are about 36 hopefuls going for 10/11 spots. With 15 weeks to go, and a new coaching panel, they will be trying to make every post a winner - possession is nine tenths of the law.

I really hope we aren’t the Australian cricket team after finishing 17th or the likes of Madgen and Wilson will be getting unwarranted game time due to possession as well! Daicos, Moore, Lipinski and Pendles will be inclusions for Rd 1 and I’d rather see the likes of Ruscoe and McRae over Noble…

I felt Noble deserved his two year deal. Hardly the worst on the list.

It's everywhere. I was out walking yesterday evening when a local footy team were doing their 2k time trial and they all either had versions of those SA haircuts, or mullets. I weep for our future.

Late into the system - only 24. Even if he's a touch below par at the moment, there's scope for him to improve. And he's the best runner on a team that lacks running capacity. We'd be silly to move him on yet.

Having said that, I think he might struggle with a game plan that doesn't involve feeding it backwards to someone who has run to a position where they're clear behind the ball. I think this year we'll find out what he's got.

Last edited:
I really hope we aren’t the Australian cricket team after finishing 17th or the likes of Madgen and Wilson will be getting unwarranted game time due to possession as well! Daicos, Moore, Lipinski and Pendles will be inclusions for Rd 1 and I’d rather see the likes of Ruscoe and McRae over Noble…

Agreed and I think that’ll be the case. New coaching panel with new game plan should make who was established in the team last season largely irrelevant.

McRae appears to be favoring winning the ball at the contest and then spreading and going fast. Noble can do the go fast but but will need to improve at the contest IMO.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

At what point did we become the club that gives players two year contracts on the basis of them being “hardly the worst on the list”? A two year contract should be offered on the basis of the value a player offers over those two years and Noble’s value is questionable. IMO, we’ll still be bottom 4 if Noble is a regular fixture because it means the current crop of 18-21 yo’s hasn’t come on. Noble for me is one of the most expendable regulars we currently have.

I’ve side tracked things enough though so I’m happy for others to overrate him and we can revisit at some point in 2022 when he’s a VFL regular 👍

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back