Training 2022 Training Reports and General Club Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Have Josh Daicos and Quaynor swapped numbers as the last two trainings you have posted Josh has been in number 3 (black on Wednesday and white guernsey today)and Quaynor in 7.?
They have been doing it all year. Clearly some inside joke between the two of them. But ive come to view it as normal come trainings, so I'm no longer surprised.

So behind the 8ball already, should be puttin' in the hard yards but the only player who we haven't seen any proof of training. It is pleasing to see that Grundy has been working hard in Adelaide.
Moore must've backed out a really stinky turd on your cornflakes a few years ago.

So behind the 8ball already, should be puttin' in the hard yards but the only player who we haven't seen any proof of training. It is pleasing to see that Grundy has been working hard in Adelaide.
Both Moore and Elliott have openly discussed that over-training and trying to get on the park early was one of the contributors to their reoccurring injuries. They have deliberately been on limited pre-seasons for a couple of years, which has correlated with them having less soft tissue injuries. But yeah, let's get them doing the hard yards in November.

Both Moore and Elliott have openly discussed that over-training and trying to get on the park early was one of the contributors to their reoccurring injuries. They have deliberately been on limited pre-seasons for a couple of years, which has correlated with them having less soft tissue injuries. But yeah, let's get them doing the hard yards in November.
Well that may be fair enough but some also say that the pre-season sets players up. I have seen evidence of Elliott training, even The Grind highlighted this.

That’s exactly right Jasper , each body responds differently to training loads , yet some on here will have you believe , the harder you train , the stronger you will be , which equates to less injuries. Absolute Schizen

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're paying him and WHE a lot of money to run around in the VFL. If that's the case, he might as well retire before the MSD. Get a rookie in to replace him. Sidey is a natural attacker so suffered from a defensive game plan. I think 2022 is the comeback tour.
We are yet to see whether Craig plays more attacking football. We don’t have enough skillful senior players for that to work at the moment….and you don’t want to get belted week in week out.

I reckon from the senior players rockin' up, if Pendles gives up the captaincy gig Adams, Sides and Howe are in the frontline. Grundy and Moore still no show at training. They lack the dedication of their mates. Good to see junior Daicos finally struttin' his stuff.
Poor take this. Grundy spending as much time as possible at home in SA which is fair enough considering the last few years. Never know when he can get to SA.

We are yet to see whether Craig plays more attacking football. We don’t have enough skillful senior players for that to work at the moment….and you don’t want to get belted week in week out.
Forcing contests at every opportunity when you don't have possession, then running hard with it and running to support your team mates IS attacking football.

All it really takes is desire and commitment.

Forcing contests at every opportunity when you don't have possession, then running hard with it and running to support your team mates IS attacking football.

All it really takes is desire and commitment.
Generally agree, but skill errors really hurt when a team is running forward aggressively. Hope we do it though.

Generally agree, but skill errors really hurt when a team is running forward aggressively. Hope we do it though.
No argument on skill errors but I think we are in agreement that being legally aggressive to the ball carrier and carrying the ball directly forward is a big step in the right direction.

The final key is having it wind up in the hands of our best users.

'10 is a key lesson in fact - we only had a few truly skilled users but our aggressively positive attitude, refusal to concede possession and to restrict opposition run and carry led to - fortunately - heavy scoring opportunities.

I reckon from the senior players rockin' up, if Pendles gives up the captaincy gig Adams, Sides and Howe are in the frontline. Grundy and Moore still no show at training. They lack the dedication of their mates. Good to see junior Daicos finally struttin' his stuff.

Grundy has been in SA, and doind solo training sessions at a local park, and with Moore's injury history, l think he needs to be managed, particularly early in the pre-season.....

Well that may be fair enough but some also say that the pre-season sets players up. I have seen evidence of Elliott training, even The Grind highlighted this.
Maybe, but one size does not fit all where training is concerned. And just because Moore isn’t posting it all over social media or has had cameras following him around from the club to feature in their videos doesn’t mean Moore isn’t putting in the work through the off-season based on what he and the club have established is best for him.

Moore must've backed out a really stinky turd on your cornflakes a few years ago.

We need a straw poll on what’s more irritating. Sea Fog’s obsession with Moore or people biting at it?

Early days, but I’m impressed by the conditioning of Henry, Macrae and McInness on the limited footage I’ve seen. They aren’t in IQ territory in terms of younger players, but they look harder compared to say McMahon (he’ll take time).

Last edited:
We need a straw poll on what’s more irritating. Sea Fog’s obsession with Moore or people biting at it?

Early days, but I’m impressed by the conditioning of Henry, Macrae and McInness on the limited footage I’ve seen. They aren’t in IQ territory in terms of younger players, but they look harder compared to say McMahon (he’ll take time).

Is IQ dominating? That makes me happy in pants

Remove this Banner Ad

Back