Position 2023 Fantasy Midfielders

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just signed up for Moreira's Magic's Guide.

First thing I do, sort by Moeria's projected average for 2023 and filter by players that are Under Priced or Low Priced... what do the top four results spit out, only my starting midfield of Steele, Macrae, Mitchell and Smith.

Great minds think a like.

What did he say about LDU - only one I'm really curious about his interpretation re: breakout/ability to average 105+ etc. ?

What did he say about LDU - only one I'm really curious about his interpretation re: breakout/ability to average 105+ etc. ?
He rates him, sees potential for 106+ (which he averaged back half of last year) but I think he's worried about tag targets and prefers Simpkin because of it.

Ah crap...apparently Danger has lost weight, is killing pre-season and has been playing mainly in the middle...I'm gonna get sucked in, aren't I?

FoA2La_aAAEHX_u

Dangerfield3.png

Dangerfield.png

Dangerfield.png

Ah crap...apparently Danger has lost weight, is killing pre-season and has been playing mainly in the middle...I'm gonna get sucked in, aren't I?

FoA2La_aAAEHX_u

Dangerfield3.png

Dangerfield.png

Dangerfield.png
Till he gets an old man injury, rubs through a bloke

Till he gets an old man injury, rubs through a bloke
Mmmm, agreed. Difference is though, his big issue has been he's been too big and lost a bit of his tank...so after his mini pre-season last year and full pre-season this year...he hasn't missed a session and not one niggle.

First year he went below 86 (averaged 100 in 2020 COVID adjusted), since 2012 - and he still finished off the year once he got his body right, averaging 25 disposals and 92.3 in his last 6 - when playing predominant midfield and with no resting/niggles:

1675757202790.png

1675757223818.png

Smith's, behind Steele, was my first picked .....or is that 2nd picked ? .....well you know what I mean ...I think

3f68ac80a1f576a5976030b26b5cd766

BAILEY BACK IN ACTION

The hair and the flair.

Bailey Smith just continues to live up to the hype.

Just weeks after returning from leg soreness, the star Dog impressed with his speed and agility.

He had been on a modified program due to leg soreness in January but completed the entire session at full pace, with his endeavour – particularly in running drills – noted by onlookers.

Smith, 22, had lingering soreness and only returned to more extensive training last week with his workload having been carefully managed.

He watched on for the final match simulation periods on Tuesday but will continue to build towards the season proper.

Top draft pick Jamarra Ugle-Hagan also turned heads with his sharp ball use.

Mmmm, agreed. Difference is though, his big issue has been he's been too big and lost a bit of his tank...so his mini pre-season last year and full pre-season this year...he hasn't missed a session and not one niggle.

First year he went below 86 (averaged 100 in 2020 COVID adjusted), since 2012 - and he still finished off the year once he got his body right, averaging 25 disposals and 92.3 in his last 6 - when playing predominant midfield and with no resting/niggles:

View attachment 1601994

View attachment 1601995
Would have to go 95+ for Classic relevance which I am hesitant he has the capacity to. Looks like a great draft pick though, I still have him in a Dynasty team so this is promising

Darcy Parish best on in the final big match sim before the practice games start, contract year with 5 clubs chasing his signature (Ess, Geelong, Richmond, Hawthorn, Collingwood), I am starting to think it's Darcy time for my team

Looks like Hobbs/Setterfield/Perkins are in the B team and Caldwell was in the A Team playing permeant forward

Tossing up Macrae v Kelly v Parish picking 2 of these blokes

Darcy Parish best on in the final big match sim before the practice games start, contract year with 5 clubs chasing his signature (Ess, Geelong, Richmond, Hawthorn, Collingwood), I am starting to think it's Darcy time for my team

Looks like Hobbs/Setterfield/Perkins are in the B team and Caldwell was in the A Team playing permeant forward

Hasn't he had an interrupted pre season?

Add Bont to that group and I’m same. Though I’m pretty locked in on Crae

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like a bloke on contract renewal too - in the battle between loyalty and self-interest, always back self-interest because you at least know he is trying!

I like a bloke on contract renewal too - in the battle between loyalty and self-interest, always back self-interest because you at least know he is trying!
Definitely Essendon have a war chest, he can try to get to a club on the verge of a premiership, if he has a sore calf he will play through it this year

Hasn't he had an interrupted pre season?
Yeah up till 2 weeks ago rejoined main training, but they didn't mention anything about an injury just soreness which could be like the Bailey Smith soreness or something with his calf

Parish is a big chance to start for me. Was keen on Noah Anderson until he signed that huge contract renewal (probably a silly reason to soften on a player but yeah I hate it when they do that). Parish is the front runner to replace him.

Always a good indicator of whom to pick .....remember Stringer in his Contract Year, just awesome ....UNTIL he signed a long Contract

FoA2La_aAAEHX_u

Dangerfield3.png

Dangerfield.png

Dangerfield.png
Just send him some flowers, that'll do you......

Parish is a big chance to start for me. Was keen on Noah Anderson until he signed that huge contract renewal (probably a silly reason to soften on a player but yeah I hate it when they do that). Parish is the front runner to replace him.
Keep Noah ;)

Keep Noah ;)
Still might! I am really bullish on him as I know you are too. Literally the only thing that turned me off was the contract extension which is probably a silly overreaction on my part

Still might! I am really bullish on him as I know you are too. Literally the only thing that turned me off was the contract extension which is probably a silly overreaction on my part
I'm just gonna say Anderson is averaging almost identical career stats to Andy Brayshaw, and is 2 years younger.... bout to explode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back