List Mgmt. 2023 List Management thread - Pt2 Now With Added Wailing & Gnashing of Teeth

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Dockers fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if it's more likely
a) GC were being petty over the whole thing
b) They actually wanted to keep him if they could and wanted to see if Hardwick could convince him
c) We just locked in a favourable GC pick swap that involves him being delisted

giphy.gif

b) They actually wanted to keep him if they could and wanted to see if Hardwick could convince him
Hope it's the pick swap one

I'm more than happy to give them points if we move up the draft and get sharp in place of a later pick

I almost don’t see the point in trading up for 24, it will become 29 on the night and would cost us 34 + 46 + something else. With the current picks, 34 becomes 35 after GC picks in the 20s get swallowed by bid matching, so it’s only a 6 spot upgrade but we lose our 40’s pick.

I almost don’t see the point in trading up for 24, it will become 29 on the night and would cost us 34 + 46 + something else. With the current picks, 34 becomes 35 after GC picks in the 20s get swallowed by bid matching, so it’s only a 6 spot upgrade but we lose our 40’s pick.
Gc picks in the 20s won't get swallowed though, if we don't trade to them then other teams will

Seems like most posters have a hard on for Sharp. Playing ability matter anymore?
I think we are set up nicely for disappointment but

a) he's been at Gold Coast and didn't get a game this year after wanting the trade last year despite some solid VFL form that is far better than any of our WAFL wingers
b) JoJo on restump said he watched/coached (can't remember) during school footy and said he was a "natural" winger (kept his width etc)
c) we played Hughes on the wing this year
d) we played Hughes on the wing this year

So yeah, ready to be hurt by the crushing disappointment.

I think we are set up nicely for disappointment but

a) he's been at Gold Coast and didn't get a game this year after wanting the trade last year despite some solid VFL form that is far better than any of our WAFL wingers form
b) JoJo on restump said he watched/coached (can't remember) during school footy and said he was a "natural" winger (kept his width etc)
c) we played Hughes on the wing this year
d) we played Hughes on the wing this year

So yeah, ready to be hurt by the crushing disappointment.
you forgot e) coming home for non-fashion related reasons

Seems like most posters have a hard on for Sharp. Playing ability matter anymore?
He can kick 45 m, whilst Henry could only kick 40 m. Instant upgrade! 🤗

Pleased we'll get Jeremy. Free hit.
Supremely fit. Looks like a surfer. Just feels a very Fremantle player.

I confess I haven't watched much of him. I know we liked him in his draft year. Is he quick?

Yep he is a low or sub 2.9sec for 20m and was top 10 in agility and 2km in his year too. He can football as well and his kicks can be really good when he is concentrating. IMO main concern is attitude; can do lazy stuff at times out on the field eg. for a player of his skill level he can put in some pretty ordinary kicks under no pressure. Tackling can drop away as well when he is not switched on.

Oh..

Random conspiracy thought from the other day, brought on by the list of players that have come to Freo, then left again, and how the majority in recent times have been managed by a certain individual.

I vaguely remember it being mentioned that managers get a new club/contract sign on bonus? Plus we knw that players don't move for the same or less base contract under his watch, so that's more t line his pockets as well.

But it had me wondering, with the narratives around how the toast don't seem to have an issue. Is it likely that they are paying ol Colon that extra amount, and Freo have refused to? Given WC seem too have unlimited cash reserves?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep he is a low or sub 2.9sec for 20m and was top 10 in agility and 2km in his year too. He can football as well and his kicks can be really good when he is concentrating. IMO main concern is attitude; can do lazy stuff at times out on the field eg. for a player of his skill level he can put in some pretty ordinary kicks under no pressure. Tackling can drop away as well when he is not switched on.
Yeah, I wonder how much of this is him, and how much is not being invested at GC. Hopefully that changes here

Oh..

Random conspiracy thought from the other day, brought on by the list of players that have come to Freo, then left again, and how the majority in recent times have been managed by a certain individual.

I vaguely remember it being mentioned that managers get a new club/contract sign on bonus? Plus we knw that players don't move for the same or less base contract under his watch, so that's more t line his pockets as well.

But it had me wondering, with the narratives around how the toast don't seem to have an issue. Is it likely that they are paying ol Colon that extra amount, and Freo have refused to? Given WC seem too have unlimited cash reserves?
Bribing a player manager would be up there with the Carlton brown paper bags. I doubt they are that stupid.

Oh..

I did wonder if WC was paying him to undermine us.

Bribing a player manager would be up there with the Carlton brown paper bags. I doubt they are that stupid.
Who said bribery?

He could be getting paid by nisbett to provide mentoring to the young list management team. Have shares in the Eagles investment portfolio bought for a fraction of the price?

I did say random conspiracy thought. Never said I believed it. Just one of those fleeting things that cross the brain.

In the GC grandfinal he didn't get involved much but it looked like he may have had a defensive/tagging wing role. One of the other finals he was much more impressive.

When I ran the numbers on gold coast's points matching, they are going to have their first round pick next season destroyed in deficit.

I think it will be in play if their bids come at two and under fifteen.

If North do not bid, they don't need to move it, so I think there would be contingencies in place for each event with a trade occurring after the bid is made.

Long story short, I won't be surprised to see a club end up with GC's first next year. We just happen to be in a position to offer a first back to them.

I know it’s convenient timing but have always rated Sharp higher than Henry.

The bloke can actually kick >40 metres and he’s kicked snags from outside 50 in the VFL.

Won’t slot straight into the side and will have to earn his spot but can definitely see this working out long term if he’s a Freo player next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back