Game Day 2023 Round 12 Discussion - The Byes are here, are you ready?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Cincotta back from the dead, and Flynn back into the fold, think I'm gonna say no to Briggs after all.

Unless one of Marshall or English get injured, his scores will useless to me aside from this round. Otherwise he would only be on field this round - and I'm already fielding 20 green dots.

The spare money would be nice, but now I've plotted out my remaining trades, I'll be lucky to complete my team the way I want (ie proper rookies in every on-field position), plus a few left over for injuries/upgrading rookies to a couple likely types on the bench.

Question is whether I bring back in Cowan or Roberts. Since I've held out this long, maybe I should just leave Roberts now? At least he's shown himself to be capable of big scores.

Why hold Wilmot? He's going to lose cash from next week.

And Wines? Why not an actual premo? Witts maybe?
I intend to trade Wilmot next week before he loses value. I could trade Ryan instaed who is almost certain to lose value but is playing

As for Wines, I need to aim for bargains given my dwindling trade situation and number of rookies on-field

What do we expect a good score through the byes to be? 2000?
Never had a year where I average more than 1850. Never had as good a squad as I do this year though.

usually made up of 2 x 2000 and 1 x 1500.
Too many rookies on field.

Why hold Wilmot? He's going to lose cash from next week.
I intend to trade Wilmot next week before he loses value. I could trade Ryan instaed who is almost certain to lose value but is playing

I just posted in the 'Trades' thread that all Break-Evens for bye round players are WRONG on SC Plus.

I think Wilmot's B/E for next week is only 44. Please don't quote me on that though.

Ashcroft's is 66, not over 100.

This really has me questioning whether to trade Wilmot out this week or a dead rookie instead.

1685615933438.png

adolf-hitler-german-reading-eye-glasses-7wp4p1gnr9j5yuo2.webp

I just posted in the 'Trades' thread that all Break-Evens for bye round players are WRONG on SC Plus.

I think Wilmot's B/E for next week is only 44.

This really has me questioning whether to trade Wilmot out this week or a dead rookie instead.
Wilmots BE has now been changed to 66 it was around 100 earlier in the week.

Ashcroft is now showing 66

Wilmots BE has now been changed to 66 it was around 100 earlier in the week.

Ashcroft is now showing 66

Thanks for the confirmation. I thought it might have been even lower than that for Wlmot. 66 is more a tricky call, because he may not be required on field in rd-13 and will likely be traded pre-rd 14 anyway. On the flip side, the Lions play the hawks, so he might score well enough to be included in our top 18 players next week.

I think Wilmot's B/E for next week is only 44. Please don't quote me on that though.

I hope smart and aware people can get to the bottom of exactly this before lockout tomorrow and let me know. All my scenarios so far include putting a bullet in Wilmot cos he’s about to lose cash, but if he’s not (or not so bad) I could axe someone else and would dearly love his not-donut in later Byes.

I hope smart and aware people can get to the bottom of exactly this before lockout tomorrow and let me know. All my scenarios so far include putting a bullet in Wilmot cos he’s about to lose cash, but if he’s not (or not so bad) I could axe someone else and would dearly love his not-donut in later Byes.

I agree 100%... The only concern is that it will be hard to upgrade elsewhere without culling him this week or next week anyway. It's not as if we're going to make much profit from the Sturts, Chessers, Drurys, Roberts & Constables of this world.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for the confirmation. I thought it might have been even lower than that for Wlmot. 66 is more a tricky call, because he may not be required on field in rd-13 and will likely be traded pre-rd 14 anyway. On the flip side, the Lions play the hawks, so he might score well enough to be included in our top 18 players next week.
Worth holding as (I doubt it but) we might need his warm body in case of carnage over the weekend and at next weeks selection table. Doesn't sit quite right to trade out a player after his bye, but an upgrade is fine

I agree 100%... The only concern is that it will be hard to upgrade elsewhere without culling him this week or next week anyway. It's not as if we're going to make much profit from the Sturts, Chessers, Drurys, Roberts & Constables of this world.

Yeh, I re-checked and Wil-Bot is going anyway. Other cows aren’t worth anything or still mooing.

But, anyway, I’m turning him into Jordan Dawson.

Austin Powers Flirting GIF

18, with Seamus as a loop and the possibility of Davey as a 19th.

Hopefully gets it done

So don't know about what was showing where when, but MN this week is around 5.2k/pt on the dot (only tested it with one bloke, 5202 was what I got).
Using that and Ashcroft's two most recent scores, 66/67 is spot on.
So if it's showing that now, should be alright.
Wilmot would be 66 as well based on my calc, and that's what it shows.
66 is what you should go off for the BE
When the 83 drops out, she could get ugly game after that.
Scoops out.

Have 21 green dots but annoyingly no way to take Cincotta's score, so I'm looping him with Weddle.

Only have 15 currently for RD 15, and 4 of those are rookies who will be gone by then (Ashcroft, Weddle, Mitchell, Johnson). Will be a miracle if I get to 18 that round.

Have 21 green dots but annoyingly no way to take Cincotta's score, so I'm looping him with Weddle.

Only have 15 currently for RD 15, and 4 of those are rookies who will be gone by then (Ashcroft, Weddle, Mitchell, Johnson). Will be a miracle if I get to 18 that round.
Am at 20 this rd, forfteen trillion Rd 13, like 19 or so Rd 14 and 15 rd 15 as it stands, too.
But grabbing two blokes next week to get to 16 (one is a bye neutral tradeout 🥹, but premo from a rookie, so still a marginal gain), at least one rd 14 bloke Rd 15.
17 seems likely, 18 wait and see.
But vast majority in that same boat, mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back