AFL Player #21: Dyson Heppell aka Farnsy

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: National Draft Selection #8 - Dyson Heppell

Uploaded Dyson's interview for anyone that missed it.

Onya mate. Cheers. :thumbsu:

Looks like Daisy Thomas, sounds like Jonno Brown, plays like Luke Hodge.

images

Plays both positions. Ideally Myers would play one position and Heppell would play the other. Heppell has elite footskills potentially and thus getting him to kick inside forward 50 is going to be a huge bonus!

Would be happy if Heppell plays Midfield and Myers defence.

[/IMG]http://i583.photobucket.com/albums/ss274/Darkraven909/Not_sure_if_serious.jpg&t=1[/IMG]

His voice. instead of saying coach, he says cyoach.

Overlooking Prestia is a bit of a gamble, but we could have been kicking ourselves if we overlooked Heppell. One of Heppell or Myers in the midfield and the other setting up play from HBF could work well. Our other selections came from left-field to say the least! :eek:

[youtube]RZf4tfgW-yE[/youtube]

Having heard the audio from the SEN & 3AW radio interviews and now watching this, he does seem like a bit of a character and isn't shy at all, is he?

I think he will end up being one of those players/characters loved by all of us but disliked by most opposition supporters. A very Essendon person already :thumbsu:

Initially I wasn't happy with the decision to overlook Atley or Prestia but after having some time to let it sink in I'm pretty happy with the decision.

He has elite kicking skills which is just what we need, as long as we play him as a midfielder I'll have no objections.

On a side note it seems we can't stay away from H's, we've now got another one to add to the list :D

Welcome Dyson, you look like an absolute jet.
Little doubt your skill set is something we need badly, hope you can make the team early in 2011 and show us what you've got.

PS Lose the Daisy-cut

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im very happy with Dyson.. Speaks and presents like a very professional young man, And he is a bombers supporter! What more could you want? :p

Does anyone know where I can see Heppel's highlights against Oakleigh in the TAC Cup final?

40 touches in the midfield and tore the game apart?

Sounds like a midfielder to me.

Re: Dyson Heppell

this is hilarious:

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/105410/default.aspx

"Adrian Dodoro rang up and said: 'We've got Hirdy on board and we're coming around to have a chat'. I brought them into the little tent and we sat around and had a bit of a chat.

"It was a bit weird when Hirdy walked in. It was a massively surreal feeling. He wanted to know myself and my family and it was a pretty informal discussion."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/105410/default.aspx

Just how any of us would feel in the same situation :D

I like it, recruiting small running defenders with midfield capability and teaching them to play midfield. Much better than recruiting midfielders and putting them down back so they learn a defensive mindset.

Most of these kids will do well on rotation and won't need to learn too much about being accountable.

Being an Essendon supporter and having good disposal is great too. :thumbsu:

He is a midfielder, that has played down back. Elite footskills going into forward 50, or so you want Prismall kicking it into 50...

Agreed:eek:

Really good pick up bombers, a midfielder who can actually hit a target and people are complaining..amazing! He can also fill a role coming of half back which we have struggled with over time. Would love to see him on a wing round one and let him play his natural game, knows when to defend and to peel off.

Very very pleased with Heppell... Extremely talented youngster with a very good record.. The most frustrating thing in recent years has been the execution of skills, but the positive is, not only does Heppell have the skills, but can win his own football as well.

Will certainly play roles within the midfield, really looking forward to seeing the kid in action....

If the supposed groin problems turn out to be non-existent, you would have to ask the question of where exactly the rumours started. And why they were not quashed by Heppell and his management before the draft. Apparently his doctor is none other than Bruce Reid - that's just weird (that was from Dododo on BomberTV).

If you were an Essendon supporter, a Hird fan, and the great man himself suggested - ahem - say, not denying any groin related rumours that may circulate; what would you do?

Hird and Heppell himself have both been very quick to say that there was no contact between player and club pre-draft - the claim being that we didn't think he'd slip that far. But we did take the time to prepare a video announcing is drafting to the club.

Of course there's no actual non-circumstantial proof of any of this; I just get a feeling.

I smell a rat. The sweet, sweet smell of a rat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back