AFL Player #23: Harrison Jones - God-tier Hands

Remove this Banner Ad

I know some have tried but I don’t think there’s any positive way to spin a one year deal for a 22yo key forward.

His body is shot I would say, more likely than not.
Surely it's just conservative on both sides. Can't see why either side would want to lock in a cheap as chips deal for anything more than 12 months

I know some have tried but I don’t think there’s any positive way to spin a one year deal for a 22yo key forward.

His body is shot I would say, more likely than not.
His body ain’t shot… yet
He has 12 months to show that he can hold up for a season though, at the same time it might be a bit of a wake up call to Harry to actually full apply himself. Why would we give 2 years right now, every complaining about smith and Stewart getting 2 years this is the right call for now.

Surely it's just conservative on both sides. Can't see why either side would want to lock in a cheap as chips deal for anything more than 12 months
Most prefer job security

Its a huge worry for me

And the other question is, was no one offering 2 years or did he stay for less years?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definitely conservative - we’re not even willing to give him two years as a 23yo key forward. It wouldn’t have cost much and we have endless cap space.

Bad signs. Hope I’m wrong.

Definitely conservative - we’re not even willing to give him two years as a 23yo key forward. It wouldn’t have cost much and we have endless cap space.

Bad signs. Hope I’m wrong.
How do you know he has not got any triggers in the contract that can see him get longer once he reaches them ? They want him to get his body right and actually find some form.

Doing a fair bit of work already, full head of steam into the pre-season
Doing a fair bit of work already, full head of steam into the pre-season

Harrison Jones, who had a back stress fracture and an ankle reconstruction through the season, is tracking well.

"Harry Jones is going really well. He's been able to do a fair bit of work over the last few months so he'll be full steam ahead when they return," he said.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back