AFL Player #23: Harrison Jones - God-tier Hands

Remove this Banner Ad

I seriously think he would make a great defender. Mobile. Good leap. Tackles. Okay skills. Does not have to mark. Just spoil.

Jack Reiwoldt is the guy he should be trying to emulate. Jack wasn't the biggest forward going around by any measure.

But what a massive set of balls.

Harry needs bigger balls.
Cold Sober likes balls this.

Jack Reiwoldt is the guy he should be trying to emulate. Jack wasn't the biggest forward going around by any measure.

But what a massive set of balls.

Harry needs bigger balls.

Junk time Jones might be the greatest nickname of all time

I'm confused with him being flown up as precaution ?, he's lacking in confidence and I don't see how he recaptures that not playing at all.
Surely should have played in the VFL ?, how can he even be considered for selection next round when you don't have any indicators to go off as he was left out due to poor form ?

I'm with Ant on this one, I would play him as a key back in the VFL and if he shows that he can play the role I would have him ahead of Laverde, I think there's a player there.

I'm confused with him being flown up as precaution ?, he's lacking in confidence and I don't see how he recaptures that not playing at all.
Surely should have played in the VFL ?, how can he even be considered for selection next round when you don't have any indicators to go off as he was left out due to poor form ?

I'm with Ant on this one, I would play him as a key back in the VFL and if he shows that he can play the role I would have him ahead of Laverde, I think there's a player there.
Maybe he's also nervous about flying?

I seriously think he would make a great defender. Mobile. Good leap. Tackles. Okay skills. Does not have to mark. Just spoil.
I feel like this club is elite at drafting mediocre key forwards and turning them into good key defenders. Would be great if we could just draft a key forward that actually works out. The best we've managed over the past 20 years is Daniher who was a free kick/FS and doesn't really actually play as a key fwd anyway. Ironically I reckon Hooker who was a good key defender could have been a great key fwd had he spent the majority of his career there.

I feel like this club is elite at drafting mediocre key forwards and turning them into good key defenders. Would be great if we could just draft a key forward that actually works out. The best we've managed over the past 20 years is Daniher who was a free kick/FS and doesn't really actually play as a key fwd anyway. Ironically I reckon Hooker who was a good key defender could have been a great key fwd had he spent the majority of his career there.
Agree although key forwards are a hard beast when it comes to drafts and a few sides that have won recent flags have imported their KP forwards via FA or trade rather than drafting them.
Collingwood. No real top end KPF.
Geelong. Hawkins F/S Cameron FA
Melbourne . Brown via North. Jackson via draft. McDonald via draft.
Richmond. Jack via draft and Lynch via trade.
Eagles Kennedy via trade and Darling via draft.
Bulldogs had Boyd via trade.
There have been just as many fails for KPF in the top 10 as success stories.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great game! He always provides the follow up effort once it hits the deck but today he threw himself at every aerial contest like 21 too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back