Player Watch #34: Jack Graham - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Well, he is now after Lambo retired šŸ˜‰
Lambert and Graham comparison is real, both a rarity as starting mids, but both would cover more ground than burke and wills with their gut running defensive style and be vital to our link ups on the rebound.

its now time for jack to step up and be the new lambo but i have my doubts.....lambert always amazed me how he would bob up at that crucial time getting in the middle of one of our chains which resulted in a goal or he'd find himself on the end of if 25m out for another major....

lambert was rarely pinged for HTB, jack often gets done. i'm a bit worried about jacks lack of height in marking contests and lack of penetration in his kicking and obvious lack of pace if he is to run with some of the elites like cripps, danger, petracca and co.

staying on the park is also a massive concern with injury......kane had these shortcomings as well but made up for it in other areas....jack graham needs to improve and match lambos footy smarts and stay fit or he's in trouble.

I can't believe it's been 3 years since I last updated this...

64 wins
3 draws
30 losses
Win percentage = 67.53%

Crowd stats (excluding covid affected games)

Cumulative crowd (career) = 3,792,056
Average crowd (career) = 48,616
Total games (non covid affected) = 78

Cumulative crowd (MCG) = 2,808,569
Average crowd (MCG) = 56,171
Total games (non covid affected) = 50

Ross seems to have become the preferred option for the role Graham so successfully played in for the last few years as the HHF. Graham famously sacrificed his own game to 'go where Dusty wasn't'. So when Dusty started in the forwardline and pushed up to the contest, Graham dropped back. When Dusty started at the contest but pushed forward, Graham moved up to fill that hole.

It will be interesting what role that steer Graham toward this year -will it just be the HHF/Mid Role where he becomes depth or will be become our permanent tagger/defensive midfielder? I think he's too good a player to leave at VFL Level.

Ross seems to have become the preferred option for the role Graham so successfully played in for the last few years as the HHF. Graham famously sacrificed his own game to 'go where Dusty wasn't'. So when Dusty started in the forwardline and pushed up to the contest, Graham dropped back. When Dusty started at the contest but pushed forward, Graham moved up to fill that hole.

It will be interesting what role that steer Graham toward this year -will it just be the HHF/Mid Role where he becomes depth or will be become our permanent tagger/defensive midfielder? I think he's too good a player to leave at VFL Level.

When freed up to play as a pure mid he has done really well. And the Lambo role he does well (not as good as lambo I reckon, but still who does?). I can see graham playing a couple f roles for us - defensive mid, running HFF, inside mid + outside-ish runner.

When freed up to play as a pure mid he has done really well. And the Lambo role he does well (not as good as lambo I reckon, but still who does?). I can see graham playing a couple f roles for us - defensive mid, running HFF, inside mid + outside-ish runner.
he's gunna be handy but can't see him being someone taking us to anywhere special as a game changer more of a solid battler instead.

he's a bit slow, his best kick is 48-52 metres, he can never play that tall long kicking and strong overhead wingman role like macca, broad or pickett.....hasn't got the height or speed to play half back, poor on his left side and he gets caught with the ball too often (dusty and bolton get caught too, but they have x factor.

Not gunna be popular, but if JGTI has to be played injured again or 20+ games next year we won't be finishing top 6.

e2c19985-7a51-4a65-8245-3e0e89dd470d_text.gif

Jack Graham running reminds me of Tubby Tuke from That's My Boy! He's played 100 so father sons locked up. Stop playing him or he'll trigger his contract extension clause.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He appeared to be hobbled, I presume still some issues with the turf toe or some associated injury. I considered him one of our better recent performers

Be a nice break from watching this bloke shin the ball when he tries to kick and forearm it when he tries to handball

Remove this Banner Ad

Back