4th ODI: Australia v South Africa @ Adelaide (Australia Day)

Remove this Banner Ad

Only heard his 2nd comment "Big turn-up again" (about the small media gathering at the post-match press conference).

Fair dinkum though, there would be only so much you could put up with from media-types. Particularly blokes who have never played and hide behind quotes from former players.

Only heard his 2nd comment "Big turn-up again" (about the small media gathering at the post-match press conference).

Fair dinkum though, there would be only so much you could put up with from media-types. Particularly blokes who have never played and hide behind quotes from former players.

Where did you find this out?

Foxsports CH 513 or where?

Sounds like a classic, can just imagine Ponting sitting down, surveying the room and saying "Big turn up again". :D

In all seriousness though why wouldny you dish a bit back out to the idiots that as the above poster says, hide behind ex-player quotes.

Ponting is a sore loser, but IMO thats a good thing, id rather a captain be pissed off with losing then just shrugging his shoulders even when his team is inexperienced.

It's a bad look to be the sore loser. Sure be angry about it but put the anger towards the team getting better and put a professional face on for the public. Little wonder I can't stand the team when this clown is captain.

runs in england don't really matter

The fact is that North has a superior first class record in Australia

Career record is career record. They have played almost the same number of games. One averages 10 runs more than the other.

North by the way has played for 4 counties and is now playing for a 5th this winter. Why so many teams I wonder?

Career record is career record. They have played almost the same number of games. One averages 10 runs more than the other.

North by the way has played for 4 counties and is now playing for a 5th this winter. Why so many teams I wonder?

$$$

I ask again

Why should be bother putting an effort into making Hussey an international class player when he will be lucky to make it to the next world cup

North on the other hand will still be in his peak by the world cup

Hussey just missed the boat
Just the same as Law, Love etc

$$$

I ask again

Why should be bother putting an effort into making Hussey an international class player when he will be lucky to make it to the next world cup

North on the other hand will still be in his peak by the world cup

Hussey just missed the boat
Just the same as Law, Love etc

$$$ would not be an issue if he was good enough.

In answer to your question, because Hussey has a superior career record and is more likely to be an international class player by virtue of the fact that he has a 10 run better average after about the same number of games.

North might be at his peak at that time but that does not mean he is an international standard batsman now or any time in the future. Maybe he is, maybe he is not.

The numbers suggest the other bloke is a better bet which is why he has been picked.

$$$ would not be an issue if he was good enough.

In answer to your question, because Hussey has a superior career record and is more likely to be an international class player by virtue of the fact that he has a 10 run better average after about the same number of games.

North might be at his peak at that time but that does not mean he is an international standard batsman now or any time in the future. Maybe he is, maybe he is not.

The numbers suggest the other bloke is a better bet which is why he has been picked.

the money was more that North maybe wanted more $$$ for himself

Hussey has looked unconvincing so far at ODI level

Just got home after being in Adelaide.

The Aussies were awful especially the batting.

I booked a premium reserved seat(they told me it was undercover) I was in the direct sun for 5 hours. Lucky though it was only 36 degrees yesterday (Today it got to nearly 44).

Then get a message from Jetstar this morning that the plane is the best part of 4 hours late and so I lost my money on the Airport Bus trip home as I was back to late.

Really good long weekend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a bad look to be the sore loser. Sure be angry about it but put the anger towards the team getting better and put a professional face on for the public. Little wonder I can't stand the team when this clown is captain.

Okay, let me just get this straight. You, Lleyton Hewitt's biggest fan on this site, dislike Ricky Ponting because you think he is a sore loser? Fair enough... except that Lleyton Hewitt is possibly sorest loser to ever participate in a sport at a professional level. Honestly, WTF?

Players dont always have their worse peformances because they are getting old. Warne and Mcgrath, and many other players were still playing their best cricket, at an old age

At this next world cup, D.Hussey will be 34, and North will be 32
That is almost as old as Symonds, or M.Hussey at the moment

Two extra years of North wont really make a difference, because by then there will be more domestic options

Also, North didnt play any of 2007, so his injury and durability, questions how much he would actually play for Australia

As for Hussey showing nothing ?
He is averaging 35+ from only 7 innings. Obviously we cant expect every player to come out and average 90 from the get go, but his average is up there with Clarke, Symonds etc.. who are some of our star players. He has been getting starts, whivh is promosing and shows that a big innings is around the corner.

Players dont always have their worse peformances because they are getting old. Warne and Mcgrath, and many other players were still playing their best cricket, at an old age

At this next world cup, D.Hussey will be 34, and North will be 32
That is almost as old as Symonds, or M.Hussey at the moment

Two extra years of North wont really make a difference, because by then there will be more domestic options

Also, North didnt play any of 2007, so his injury and durability, questions how much he would actually play for Australia

As for Hussey showing nothing ?
He is averaging 35+ from only 7 innings. Obviously we cant expect every player to come out and average 90 from the get go, but his average is up there with Clarke, Symonds etc.. who are some of our star players. He has been getting starts, whivh is promosing and shows that a big innings is around the corner.

that average of 35 includes series against the Windies

He also has been having a run of 'soft' dismissals

and M.Hussey and Symonds are 34
What has there recent form being like?

Very few players can still perform at their best at age 34 and beyond

Okay, let me just get this straight. You, Lleyton Hewitt's biggest fan on this site, dislike Ricky Ponting because you think he is a sore loser? Fair enough... except that Lleyton Hewitt is possibly sorest loser to ever participate in a sport at a professional level. Honestly, WTF?

I disagree. Firstly, I wouldn't have defended Hewitt for quite a while now. Secondly,he may carry on a bit on court but I don't consider him a sore loser. Maybe sore loser wasn't the right word for Ponting but his comments were pathetic. I'm just sick of the whole Australian cricket bogan mentality actually. Good to see them lose.

Is this guy taking the piss?

Hewitt is a sore loser if i have ever seen one. I remember during an Australian Open match a few years ago and he was getting hammered and then all of a sudden just screamed "Fix the ****ing courts" in reference to the rebound ace surface.

There there is the abuse of linesmen, the boganish "cmon" and the list goes on.

What the **** are his 'pathetic' comments your talking about? The "big turn up" comment, thats nothing, its a bit of humour and a slight jab and the jounrnos who pick and chose when they show up.

How can someone support Hewitt and then call the Australian team "bogans"?

That is beyond me, talk about double standards, i have seen it all now. Hewitt personifies the term "bogan".

*facepalms*

Is this guy taking the piss?

Hewitt is a sore loser if i have ever seen one. I remember during an Australian Open match a few years ago and he was getting hammered and then all of a sudden just screamed "Fix the ****ing courts" in reference to the rebound ace surface.

There there is the abuse of linesmen, the boganish "cmon" and the list goes on.

What the **** are his 'pathetic' comments your talking about? The "big turn up" comment, thats nothing, its a bit of humour and a slight jab and the jounrnos who pick and chose when they show up.

How can someone support Hewitt and then call the Australian team "bogans"?

That is beyond me, talk about double standards, i have seen it all now. Hewitt personifies the term "bogan".

*facepalms*

Did you miss the part where I said I hadn't defended Hewitt for ages now?
Anyway, the bogan comment was more to do with the boozer mentality of cricketers. Not on-field where the Australian team are far from angels either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back